Splash mountain broken

disneymagicgirlsdd

Earning My Ears
Splash Mountain is broken to the point where the water is shut off. Plus, they've blocked off access to the train stop in Frontierland. Anyone know any details of when it will be fixed or what's wrong with it?

No clue. Kids tried to ride it twice on Monday and both times it shut down before they could board. It's something big apparently!

The last night I was there in April the water on the drop wasn't flowing, but they were still sending logs down. Some of them had people inside, some didn't.

It was incredibly strange; I'd never seen anything like that before.

We're going back in October for MNSSHP, so I'm really hoping the bugs are worked out.

They shut it down last week multiple times also when we were there. I know it is a very complicated ride and takes a lot of working parts. Not sure to what exactly might be wrong

Attractions like Splash go up and down all the time. It doesn't matter if a refurb just happened or not, and any isolated downtime like that reported today is unlikely to be an indicator of any long-term problem that will affect anyone's trip past today. There is nothing new here that hasn't already been the case for many years, other than everyone's ability to post and read about it on social media.

SM is kinda one of those "can't do without" rides for me...I hope they smooth it out before September!

We were just there (not riding Splash Mountain but at Woody & Jesse M&G and riding train). When we got off the train SM was down. About the time we left the Woody & Jesse M&G at 5pm the line was moving again. I never saw the train stopped. We got off and then back on there.

Attractions like Splash go up and down all the time. It doesn't matter if a refurb just happened or not, and any isolated downtime like that reported today is unlikely to be an indicator of any long-term problem that will affect anyone's trip past today. There is nothing new here that hasn't already been the case for many years, other than everyone's ability to post and read about it on social media.

True. But you would think that after a long and extensive rehab it would at least make a couple of months before breaking down

We were in MK today and we were eventually able to ride (we jumped in line at 5:45). The ride was fine except for the music going off halfway through...which really altered the ride experience!

I imagine with Splash being a chronic issue they would fix some issues but refurb and rehab don't always mean they're stopping to fix things.

for the size and age of splash refurb was not very long! I would guess its gonna have issues now and then forever unless they gut and rebuild but then it would not be the splash mountain everyone loves!! except me I hate getting my shoes wet at MK!! ( unless its end of day)!

Well said. Last year I rode Splash when there wasn't much water going down the slide. The next day the water was flowing again and running as usual. I wouldn't get too worried...

I would only worry if it seems to be down constantly. As others have said, it always had broken down from time to time.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing how FP+ deals with situations like this. I want to be standing next to the person who made a reservation 60 days in advance for the last day of their trip when this regular occurrence takes place.

The refurb mostly consisted of fixing all the AAs and stopping the mountain itself from crumbling and crushing someone's skull.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing how FP+ deals with situations like this. I want to be standing next to the person who made a reservation 60 days in advance for the last day of their trip when this regular occurrence takes place.skull.
If the ride is out of service or the fastpass wait is unusually long, you should be given permission to come back later either wihen using a paper fastpass or fastpass plus bracelet. See a nearby cast member since the exact procedure may vary even on different days, for example additional paper vouchers may be used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter