• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Splash Mountain question

mad hatter fan

DIS Veteran
It has been a couple of years since our last trip to DL so I have not seen Splash Mountain's new logs and now I can't find any info on them. Do they now have room for two people to ride side by side in the back? The reason I ask is my youngest DS is very brave and wants to go on all of the big rides. It appears he will just make the height requirement. (of course I will prepare him for the possibiltiy that he may not since it may be close) I, however, would not feel comfortable letting him on this ride just barely making the height requirement if I could not keep my arm around him. Thanks.

The back seat will hold two people side by side. But, you can also sit in the seat behind him and wrap your arms around him. We hold our 4 year old in that way.

I think he can sit in front of you and you can put your arms around him from behind. I don't think you can sit side by side however. Could be wrong. How old is he and how tall?

We just went to Disneyland last week, yes there is room for 2 in the last seat. My husband (big guy) and our 6 year old son were able to sit there together.

hlbtimes2 said:
The back seat will hold two people side by side. But, you can also sit in the seat behind him and wrap your arms around him. We hold our 4 year old in that way.
We did this as well with DS6, but it wasn't really necessary, at least with him. The first ride he went with DH, and DH held onto him around the middle. When I took him, I just held onto his shoulders from behind.

WARNING: I was in the back seat on one trip, and that was my wettest ride, I was completely soaked!

You can sit in the back seat side by side.....but be warned.......the passenger sitting on the right side in the back will probably get soaked. I sat there three times with my DS and all three times the person on the right side in the back was the only person to get really drenched. It didn't happen on the hill either.....it was just going around a turn....a big wave came up over the side and soaked my son. The last time we rode we both squooze clear over to the left side and we didn't get wet. Have FUN!!!

I always thought Splash Mt at DL was not side by side seating - don't you straddle a seat with up to 2 or 3 people in each section of the log?

I thought at WDW you sat side by side (2 people only) on SM?

You do sit in tandem, but the last seat (it's a bench) in the log is big enough for 2 people. I agree that it's the wettest spot!! I sat back there and the water comes over the side of the boat and pours right into that seat!

I believe it was sometime in 2005 when the new logs were added with a wider seat in the back for 2 people. Basically, all they did was widen the last seat to accomodate 2.
And yes, you will get wet in this seat regardless. More so if there are 2 sitting there (extra weight).
It's really a pretty tame ride except for the 1 drop in the dark and the large drop at the end. I think your son will do fine.

The back seat allows either one passenger or an adult with a child. I sat with my 3 year old neice in the back and we had a great time.

elwise1966 said:
I believe it was sometime in 2005 when the new logs were added with a wider seat in the back for 2 people. Basically, all they did was widen the last seat to accomodate 2.
And yes, you will get wet in this seat regardless. More so if there are 2 sitting there (extra weight).
It's really a pretty tame ride except for the 1 drop in the dark and the large drop at the end. I think your son will do fine.

They added seat backs as well I believe. I hadn't been to Disneyland in quite a few years until my visit earlier this year and the first thing I noticed was the seat backs. I remember the seat as being one long bench.

Since opening Splash has 3 different seating config. The original was 3 seat backs, one in the back, one in the middle, and one near the front, where you rode 2 or 3 people per section. A few years ago, they changed it and put in seat backs for individual seats. The next year (or maybe the year after I can't remember) they changed them again, and widened the very back seat to allow two people to sit next to each other. Even with the individual seat backs you can reach around and hold a child. However, they will generally put a smaller child in the back with an adult. They can get more people on that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter