Splash Mountain to become Princess and the Frog ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well people were calling for it.

But it is the stupidest thing Disney could have done.

Really? I don't know, when I think of stupid things Disney has done I think of Stitch's Great Escape, Captain EO, Snow White singing with Rob Lowe at the Oscars, telling guests it was their own fault when they couldn't make park reservations on Monday . . .

https://www.ign.com/articles/jungle-cruise-ride-redesign-disney-splash-mountain-criticism

Like I said, you change one, you don’t satisfy, you just open the door to wanna change even more things in the park

Now jungle cruise is bad. Gotta change it. Smh

For the record though, I really don’t like that ride and wish they would change it anyway lol
It's a path Disney probably doesn't want to go down longterm.

Apu (from the Simpsons) is considered highly offensive to Indians Americans and Indians.
If you are going to ban Song of the South and Splash Mountain then it would follow you would have to ban the Simpsons from Disney Plus.

Everyone should watch the Problem with Apu documentary.

We'll find other things to change like adding the Rock to the Jungle Cruise.

I'm all for this. I've been looking forward to that movie! I absolutely LOVE the JC but I am okay with them peppering it up with some new things and stuff from the movie. Just don't lose the schtick!

I also doubt it was a seriously slated project over the past year without any “leaks”. Plus, it’s just my opinion but, the PATF movie wasn’t that great. It was no box office hit and just fell short of my expectations. Not every character is represented on large scale in the them parks and we accept it. Plus the Bayou theming in Frontierland is way off. If any tale fits the logistics of the ride structure, I’d say Alice “falling down the rabbit hole“. But the theming doesn’t mesh flawlessly either. I’d personally love to see something akin to the Great Movie ride that showcases multiple Disney Western/Frontier themed movies.

https://www.ign.com/articles/jungle-cruise-ride-redesign-disney-splash-mountain-criticism

Like I said, you change one, you don’t satisfy, you just open the door to wanna change even more things in the park. You can’t satisfy cancel culture. There will always be something else that is deemed offensive.

Now jungle cruise is bad. Gotta change it. Smh

For the record though, I really don’t like that ride and wish they would change it anyway lol
It’s been said in here before. Jungle cruise likely should have a scene or two change. They aren’t going to retheme the whole thing though with the big summer blockbuster based on it next year.

I also doubt it was a seriously slated project over the past year without any “leaks”. Plus, it’s just my opinion but, the PATF movie wasn’t that great. It was no box office hit and just fell short of my expectations. Not every character is represented on large scale in the them parks and we accept it. Plus the Bayou theming in Frontierland is way off. If any tale fits the logistics of the ride structure, I’d say Alice “falling down the rabbit hole“. But the theming doesn’t mesh flawlessly either. I’d personally love to see something akin to the Great Movie ride that showcases multiple Disney Western/Frontier themed movies.

What western/frontier Disney movies were more popular than Princess and The Frog?

What western/frontier Disney movies were more popular than Princess and The Frog?

I really liked Fieval Goes West but it wasn’t Disney 😔

ETA I also don’t like it better than PatF lol

I love the feeling of mainstreet. I have said to my friends and family I love this era and the charm. Now, I wasn't born in that era. I didn't live through it. Some people have mentioned that it was a time where racism and exclusion was part of the era, but when I say how much I love the era, it actually pertains to the fantastical rendition of that era. The way it's portrayed and how I've seen it in my head. You can come to the 1900's that is mainstreet, void of the racism. You can come to frontierland no matter if you are indian, white, black, doesn't matter. Come live in Disney's version of history, tomorrow, and fantasy where the barriers are erased. These things should be celebrated and cherished. These places in the parks really gives us a chance to take pause and say, "If the historical issues we went through as people, a country, etc. were void of those issues, look at how beautiful it would have been", as we eat a churro on mainstreet and smile at the memories we are creating.

It's a path Disney probably doesn't want to go down longterm.

Apu (from the Simpsons) is considered highly offensive to Indians Americans and Indians.
If you are going to ban Song of the South and Splash Mountain then it would follow you would have to ban the Simpsons from Disney Plus.

Everyone should watch the Problem with Apu documentary.

Well it's already been announced that Hank Azaria who voices Apu (in addition to other characters on The Simpsons) will no longer be voicing him. Unclear if they are going to find an South Asian voice actor or just drop the character altogether.

I know this may be silly but....can't they keep it Splash Mountain? The name I mean.

They could - the name came from the movie Splash so it has nothing to do with the IP of the ride

Or could subtitle it "Splash Mountain ~ goin' down the bayou with Tiana and friends"

The Lone Ranger would fit in perfectly into Splash Mountain....Another batch of Johnny Depp Animatronics

Well it's already been announced that Hank Azaria who voices Apu (in addition to other characters on The Simpsons) will no longer be voicing him. Unclear if they are going to find an South Asian voice actor or just drop the character altogether.
If you follow the logic with Song of the South and Splash Mountain then you would have to get rid of the Simpsons as a whole not just Apu. And even if you get rid of the episodes just with Apu that would compromise the most of the Simpson's catalogue.

Well...the name Splash Mountain isn't officially linked with SotS or the Brers as far as propriety goes. (as far as I know) It's the reference to the simplest feature of the ride itself. It's a mountain...and there's a big splash.

Well, nothing about that part of the ride is changing. It will still be a mountain, and there will still be a big splash.

Eisner pushed for the name to help promote the movie Splash

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter