• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Split stay at same resort?

WDWRook

DIS Veteran
HI all,

We have a tripped planned for June. Unfortunately, by they time we were able to go availability was limited, so we are doing a split stay. We start with 3 nights at Boardwalk, and then have three nights at Kidani in a Savana view. However, our three nights at Kidani are split into a 1 night and a 2 night, both in the same room category. My question is, will they keep us in the same room? We don't want to have to move a second time. Do I need to call member services to arrange this? I tried calling the other day but the wait time was over an hour and I didn't have time to wait.

HI all,

We have a tripped planned for June. Unfortunately, by they time we were able to go availability was limited, so we are doing a split stay. We start with 3 nights at Boardwalk, and then have three nights at Kidani in a Savana view. However, our three nights at Kidani are split into a 1 night and a 2 night, both in the same room category. My question is, will they keep us in the same room? We don't want to have to move a second time. Do I need to call member services to arrange this? I tried calling the other day but the wait time was over an hour and I didn't have time to wait.
I am having the same issue in July at HHI. (3 one night studio stays as 3 different reservations)
I am curious to see what responses you get.

HI all,

If the 2 Kidani stays are from the same membership then Member Services can merge them into one reservation. If they are booked using points from two different memberships, then they cannot be merged but can be linked as a continuing reservation. If they merge, you will not have to move rooms. If they are linked, you probably won't have to switch rooms.

HI all,

I am having the same issue in July at HHI. (3 one night studio stays as 3 different reservations)
If the 2 Kidani stays are from the same membership then Member Services can merge them into one reservation. If they are booked using points from two different memberships, then they cannot be merged but can be linked as a continuing reservation. If they merge, you will not have to move rooms. If they are linked, you probably won't have to switch rooms.

Just to add - I called to merge a reservation just yesterday. Called about 11:15 and got a 46 minute wait time.

You can also chat or email. Calling is the fastest as it will be done while you are on the phone. I called because I needed it done yesterday for today.

I often leave my merges until last two weeks or so as it gives me options for easier changes, but everybody is not booking and canceling as often as I do.

I can give you my experience with HHI from last summer. We had pieced together a week stay in a 2br villa over 3 different reservations. I called to link them, but then found another day after I had linked the others. It was close to our stay and I did not have time to wait on the phone so I left the 2 separate reservations. At check in they could not link the reservations but assured us we would be able to stay in the same villa. We did have to go to the front desk on the morning of the new reservation to check in again but we did get to stay in the same villa.

I can give you my experience with HHI from last summer. We had pieced together a week stay in a 2br villa over 3 different reservations. I called to link them, but then found another day after I had linked the others. It was close to our stay and I did not have time to wait on the phone so I left the 2 separate reservations. At check in they could not link the reservations but assured us we would be able to stay in the same villa. We did have to go to the front desk on the morning of the new reservation to check in again but we did get to stay in the same villa.
Thank you for the response!
Moving 3 times for 3 night stays would be frustrating at HHI during summer.
Would you recommend calling or waiting until check in at front desk? (I rented these points)

Last edited:
Thank you. It is all in the same membership number. I'll call today since I have the time to wait on hold.

I have this happen to me ALL the time. We have 3 memberships, and many times do trips with points from different memberships. It is much easier to link your reservations than to transfer points in my opinion. What I do is make the reservations on the website with the respective memberships. Then I email Member Services with the two reservation numbers and ask them to link them. This is also when I make any room requests. I always get an email back confirming it is done and that we will not need to change rooms, and saying they noted my room requests but that they are not guaranteed. I have never had a problem doing it this way.

I agree with the pps that said you should call/email. I just wanted to add that we didn’t do either and received a phone message to our room (first set of days) and it said (basically) “ we see you have a continuing reservation so you can keep the room” and I was happy (bc I figured we’d have to switch).

thanks. I called and got them combined. What is the difference with "linking" stays? I didn't ask to link my boardwalk to my AKL stays. Would that make a difference for when I can book dinning?

Thank you for the response!
Moving 3 times for 3 night stays would be frustrating at HHI during summer.
Would you recommend calling or waiting until check in at front desk? (I rented these points)

If you rented the points, the person you rented from will have to call member services to combine the reservations into one. I should not have called it "linking" the reservations because it is actually combining all of the reservations into one continuous reservation. I do not know if the front desk can combine them for you if you call before your check in date, but at check in, the front desk could not combine the reservations. I did not have to move rooms, and you probably will not have to either, if you do not have the separate reservations combined before check in, but you will definitely have to go to the front desk every morning (before official check out time) of the new reservations to check in again.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Part of my split stay starts June 24 and ends June 27th. Thus, today should be day 60 to let me reserve dining for that entire stay. But it's not allowing me to reserve those days. It's only allowing June 21 - 24 for my first part of the split stay which it was allowing since Wednesday.

thanks. I called and got them combined. What is the difference with "linking" stays? I didn't ask to link my boardwalk to my AKL stays. Would that make a difference for when I can book dinning?
Linking is only done when you have a reservation for the same resort, same villa type, but they can't be combined (merged) into one reservation with one confirmation number because they're booked via different memberships.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Part of my split stay starts June 24 and ends June 27th. Thus, today should be day 60 to let me reserve dining for that entire stay. But it's not allowing me to reserve those days. It's only allowing June 21 - 24 for my first part of the split stay which it was allowing since Wednesday.
The ADR system doesn't recognize split stays - as far as it's concerned, you have two separate resort reservations, so you have two separate ADR booking windows. At 60 days before checkin for your second resort, the ADR window will open for the length of that second stay.

HI all,

Had this issue at Poly. Called and was on hold about two hours a month or so ago. They combined to one reservation. I was on the phone 2 hours and 45 minutes to get this issue and a couple others addressed. Cast member was excellent!! I cleaned house while I was on hold.

Linking is when you have two reservations for the same room but not on the same membership

For example, I booked two nights in Dec 2019 at BLT in a 1 bedroom. One was with points from my Dec UY and one with points from my Aug UY.

They could not be combined but it was noted on each so we didn’t need to change rooms.

You don’t link when the rooms are different resorts or room types.

HI all,

the chat CM can put the request in to have the reservation MERGED.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter