• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Split stay for 15 year anniversary

Nutbean

Mouseketeer
Hubby and I are looking at going in September during F&W Festival.

We are thinking of renting points and doing a split stay. Looking at 4 nights at AKV, then 4 nights at an Epcot resort (BCV or BWV). There is availability at all resorts for our dates.

Between BCV and BWV, which would you recommend for us? I thought I read that the BCV rooms are in need of a refurb but I like how close to Epcot it is. Is one resort easier to navigate than another? What about balconies/views? Is one better than another for that? The BWV studio would be a preferred view (no standard views for our dates) so the price is the same as BCV.

Another alternative is to do 4 nights at AKV, 2 nights at BCV and 2 nights at BWV but would switching resorts that many times just be a pain in the behind?

We've never stayed at a Deluxe before or done F&W Festival so super excited!

Hubby and I are looking at going in September during F&W Festival.
...Between BCV and BWV, which would you recommend for us? I thought I read that the BCV rooms are in need of a refurb but I like how close to Epcot it is. Is one resort easier to navigate than another? What about balconies/views? Is one better than another for that? The BWV studio would be a preferred view (no standard views for our dates) so the price is the same as BCV.

Another alternative is to do 4 nights at AKV, 2 nights at BCV and 2 nights at BWV but would switching resorts that many times just be a pain in the behind?

We've never stayed at a Deluxe before or done F&W Festival so super excited!

Booking BWV and BCV at seven months for F&W can be difficult if you don't book them before seven months out.

Booking BWV and BCV at seven months for F&W can be difficult if you don't book them before seven months out.

I realize this however, the rental company I'm working with has confirmed availability. Is there something else I'm missing? I've never rented points before.

I realize this however, the rental company I'm working with has confirmed availability. Is there something else I'm missing? I've never rented points before.

By not booking immediately, you could lose out on the resort you want. Both are hard to get at seven months out.

By not booking immediately, you could lose out on the resort you want. Both are hard to get at seven months out.

Okay but do you have any advice as per my OP? That would help me make a decision and book quickly...

I love BCV. The pool is awesome, it is 1 skip to Epcot and there is convenient quick service, in the resort and at the pool. The views are hit or miss, usually trees or a pool.

However, if you do not need any quick service, a Boardwalk view at BWV is very romantic. And only 2 skips to Epcot!

It is a pain to pack up 3 times in as many days...Disney makes it easy, but you will have to factor packing up and moving in your days, and not be able to use your room until after 4 on those days....so too inconvenient in my book, and I would only split between 2 resorts.

Both resorts are excellent, so you can't go wrong!

PS Also like AKV a lot, and think the transportation there is excellent!

Happy planning!

If it's just the 2 of you and you are not swimming I would do Boardwalk and AKV. AKV is our favorite and I would say just stay there but it's not convenient to any parks except it's own.

Everyone raves about BCV buy my daughter and her friends in their 20's did BCV a couple of years ago and she didn't care for it, rooms, view...

It's a very easy walk to the country entrance from BWV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter