Split stay for 5

Yes, I think one of the stays was around July 4th and to top it off it was when the monorail station was shut down for months so we were taking a bus from Epcot to GF. They eventually changed one of the Pop or OKW buses to head to Poly/GF. It had to be at least 45min to an hour of waiting-there were lots of people waiting with us. It happened again after leaving AK, but not quite as bad.
I stayed at GF during that weird reopening time when the Epcot monorail was down...I think during that timeframe in general there were a lot of logistical problems with the dispatching. Maybe staffing issues contributed. My worst bus issues were in that period, now that I think about it. I split with YC on that trip and one afternoon coming back from HS the boat turned around back to the dock because of lightning, I was loaded down with a droid and souvenirs to ship home so walking back in the torrential downpour wasn't an option. Seems we waited forever for buses. All that came was Riviera and AoA. After maybe 35 minutes we finally got one but it was shared between all of Crescent Lake, including Swan and Dolphin (which surprised me, but I guess because the boat was down from weather Disney still provided an alternative).

We love to split between MK and EP and try to plan our park days around where we will be staying to minimize buses, but I can say we didn't have issues with the buses at all when we stayed at Poly and YC last summer on a split. And we actually did end up taking the buses to/from Poly more than I thought, because we hopped to HS a couple times after midday breaks. Even transferring at Disney Springs when we were going back to the Poly from Typhoon Lagoon one afternoon was painless.

All the Mods except for CBR are buses only, so based on your post, CBR is the only Mod you could choose. AOA suite is the only value that sleeps 5 and has another choice of transportation and not just buses. That leaves deluxes. Luckily for our family we do not find any issues with the buses

Thank you. I have read that Boulder Ridge is very nice. I will definitely look into it. Whenever we fly over CBR in the skyliner my husband asks if we can stay there, but I am a little nervous about such a big resort. I do like the idea of having one MK area and one skyliner resort, though.
Good to know also on the bus situation with the Deluxes.
Just to let you know, at park open and close, all the busses are going to be packed - deluxe, moderate, or value. Even the busses for the deluxe resorts often share bus routes with other resorts. The Poly/Grand share, WL/CR/FW (can be a combo depending on the park) share, YC/BC share - the bus situation can still be challenging.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter