Split Stay FP Window - Please Post Recent/Current Experiences

GADisneyDad14

Disney Resorts Board
Good morning everyone.

I have been reading a few inconsistent reports in various corners of the DIS that the 60-day FP booking window for 'split stays' (defined as consecutive/back-to-back Disney-owned resort stays) has only been opening for stay #1 and not continuing on for stay #2 - with stay #2 not opening until its own 60-day mark.

As some may recall, last year Disney messed with the MDE programming when they took away the "rolling 60-day FP window" and there was a period of time where split-stays had two different 60-day FP window dates. That was eventually fixed and split stay FP booking went back to 'normal.'

So, if you have a recent (eg, in the last month) or current split-stay FP experience, please post your results so we can maybe see what all is going on (if something is in fact going on).

Thanks all!

Last week I tried to book a campsite on the front side to get a few extra FP+ days and the CM (and others on this board) said it would not work anymore. You could only book FP+ for that first stay...then have to wait for the second stay window to open.

So basically WDW closed that loophole.

Today is my FP day and I’m currently STILL working on them - since 7:00! 😐 (That’s a conversation for a different thread, though.) Anyway, I do have a 15 day trip, split stay booked. I had NO ISSUE booking FP for every single day of my trip this morning. Also to note, we have an AP with DVC bookings both weeks. I hope everyone else was successful!

Just to throw in my personal experience, I have a split-stay scheduled and the 60-day from stay #1 was yesterday. It opened the full booking window for stay #1 and stay #2, as it normally should. Tickets are AP, both resorts are room-only reservations.

I have had 2 FP+ booking days when I have split stays. I have had this happen the past 2 times I booked FP (May and June). The entire trip wouldn't open with the first 60+.

@GADisneyDad14 I'm glad to hear that you had no issue. My daughter had no problem with the full window opening for her split stays last week - APs and on-site reservations. I have also *never* had a problem - last time I did this was in September 2019. I truly believe the people having issues do not (1) have both stays on property or (2) have split stays with 2 packages that have separate ticket entitlements or (3) people never actually tried - someone just "told" them it wouldn't work anymore.

Last week I tried to book a campsite on the front side to get a few extra FP+ days and the CM (and others on this board) said it would not work anymore. You could only book FP+ for that first stay...then have to wait for the second stay window to open.

So basically WDW closed that loophole.
I don't think its a loophole . . If I'm there for 8 days on a continuous trip, but split between hotels (which we almost always do), I should get to book all my FP at once. I assume DVC and cash stays are treated the same in this regard?

I'm so glad this thread has been started. I have also seen some posts that some guests have not had the second stay FP window open when the first stay’s window opens, but they have not been consistent, so I don’t know what to make of it.

It would be very helpful to know what were the resorts, how long your reservations are, and what type of ticket media you have: an AP, a stand-alone ticket or a package ticket.

Last edited:
Split stay for late June. Had no issue with fastpass window - opened for both legs of my trip at 60 days from first check in date. Both legs are DVC resorts.

I had posted in another thread but since this the topic I posted about here is my experience. I have a split stay in June/July. I have AP's. This is a resort reservation only. Check into AOA and then once I check out, I check into POP (same day). I was only able to do FP's for the AOA part of the reservation. But what I did notice is I am able to add FP's for one additional day each day for the POP reservation. Hope that made sense.

I booked April 15th for a split stay and was able to book for all days (total days on site is 14) at 60 days from check in on the 1st resort. Our reservations are both linked in the system and there is no break in between (checking out of one and checking into the other the same day). We have 10 day PH tickets. ADRs are a different story. Those I had to do at 180 from each check in day for the length of that stay.

I had a split stay booked for May. We were able to book the entire trips FPs on that first day.
AP holder, 10 day trip, rented DVC points.

I was able to book all 14 days of my split stay (scheduled for June 6-20, fingers crossed) at the 60 day mark. Both were room only reservations with an AP in effect. I have another trip scheduled in August that begins with 4 days at the Dolphin, and then a split stay over 3 different resorts for 14 more days. If June happens I probably won't keep the entire 20 days in August. Depending upon how many days I do keep, I may not book fastpasses for the Dolphin portion, since that will limit the days allowed for the remaining stay.

I had posted in another thread but since this the topic I posted about here is my experience. I have a split stay in June/July. I have AP's. This is a resort reservation only. Check into AOA and then once I check out, I check into POP (same day). I was only able to do FP's for the AOA part of the reservation. But what I did notice is I am able to add FP's for one additional day each day for the POP reservation. Hope that made sense.
How long are your reservations?

How long are your reservations?
It's been changed since the original reservation due to the unknowns with June, but originally was 10 days at AOA and 4 days at POP mid June. Now 4 days with AOA and 10 days at POP end of June into July.

It's been changed since the original reservation due to the unknowns with June, but originally was 10 days at AOA and 4 days at POP mid June. Now 4 days with AOA and 10 days at POP end of June into July.
So, it allowed you to make your first stay’s FP (4 days), and then, there’s a rolling window on the next stay (10 days)? Fascinating. Everyone has APs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter