"Split Stay" in August- first 2 days Room Only, then package

bkcwilliams

Wish I was at WDW Right Now!
So in order to take advantage of the free dining offer, I took the suggestion from the many helpful folks on these boards and booked a "split stay". I booked a room only stay for August 26 & 27 at POP. Then I booked the free dining package also at POP for August 28-September 2. So, I have a few questions though:
- There are no park tickets on the 1st room only reservation. There are 8-day hopper park tickets on the second package reservation starting on August 28. Can I access those pack tickets early so we can visit the parks on the 26th? If so, what are the steps, especially concerning the Magic Bands?
- Speaking of the Magic Bands, it shows I can order 2 different sets (1 set for the first reservations, 1 set for the 2nd reservation), as I realize Disney sees these as 2 separate reservations. Which set should I order so the reservations are linked to make this the easiest? I am thinking the first one, but again, want to make sure that park tickets are on them.
- Once I am able to access the park tickets for the first reservation, can I make Fast Pass selections ahead of time from home, or do I need to wait until I am there on the 26th, because technically the system won't recognize me getting the passes early until I get there?
- Should I contact POP ahead of time to have them link the reservations so we may have the possibility of staying in the same room the whole time or just tell them when we get there? I understand there is no guarantee and am willing to move if we have to, I just want to know how best to request it of them if it is a possibility.

Thanks for your help!

So in order to take advantage of the free dining offer, I took the suggestion from the many helpful folks on these boards and booked a "split stay". I booked a room only stay for August 26 & 27 at POP. Then I booked the free dining package also at POP for August 28-September 2. So, I have a few questions though:
- There are no park tickets on the 1st room only reservation. There are 8-day hopper park tickets on the second package reservation starting on August 28. Can I access those pack tickets early so we can visit the parks on the 26th? If so, what are the steps, especially concerning the Magic Bands?
- Speaking of the Magic Bands, it shows I can order 2 different sets (1 set for the first reservations, 1 set for the 2nd reservation), as I realize Disney sees these as 2 separate reservations. Which set should I order so the reservations are linked to make this the easiest? I am thinking the first one, but again, want to make sure that park tickets are on them.
- Once I am able to access the park tickets for the first reservation, can I make Fast Pass selections ahead of time from home, or do I need to wait until I am there on the 26th, because technically the system won't recognize me getting the passes early until I get there?
- Should I contact POP ahead of time to have them link the reservations so we may have the possibility of staying in the same room the whole time or just tell them when we get there? I understand there is no guarantee and am willing to move if we have to, I just want to know how best to request it of them if it is a possibility.

Thanks for your help!

Hello,

First You will want to make sure both of your resort reservations are linked to your My Disney Experience account! It sounds like this has already been completed since you are being prompted to order two sets of magic bands (one for each reservation)

To answer your questions:

1. Yes you can use those tickets during the first reservation. Because both sets of magicbands are linked to your My Disney Experience account each band is like having a copy of a key. The bands are essentially identical in accessing the information for your tickets. Because your tickets are part of a package you need to do an early ticket pick up either by visiting your concierge desk or a guest relations window at the park to "check in" the tickets for use. Other components of your package such as the dining plan will not be available until you actually check into that package.

2. You can order both sets. Order two different colors and mix and match as you go. As I said before they will be interchangeable. Or if you just want to order one set you can do that too, just present that set at check in so the front desk CM can see the visual ID on the inside of the band. That way they choose the correct band in the system when setting up the door lock.

3. You will be able to book FP+ 60 days out from resort reservation with the tickets on it.

4. If they are booked under the same exact name they are likely already linked. You can just call the regular Disney reservation number and ask them to mark them as a continuing reservation and that you would like to stay in the same room. Also verify at check in that they have you set up to stay in the same room and if they don't already have it that way try to get them to change it then before you get into a room.

Have a great trip!

Thanks for the answers (sorry so late in getting back). So for the first 2 days of our trip, in which we only have room only reservations, we will not be able to make FP+ selections ahead of time, correct? When I try to make them now in MDE, it only shows the second reservation dates for FP+. I am assuming this is because the tickets are tied to the second reservation. Once we get there and do early ticket pickup, can we then make FP+ selections?

2. You can order both sets. Order two different colors and mix and match as you go. As I said before they will be interchangeable. Or if you just want to order one set you can do that too, just present that set at check in so the front desk CM can see the visual ID on the inside of the band. That way they choose the correct band in the system when setting up the door lock.

As you said, they will be interchangeable. All will open the door. Doesn't matter what MB you show.

Thanks for the answers (sorry so late in getting back). So for the first 2 days of our trip, in which we only have room only reservations, we will not be able to make FP+ selections ahead of time, correct? When I try to make them now in MDE, it only shows the second reservation dates for FP+. I am assuming this is because the tickets are tied to the second reservation. Once we get there and do early ticket pickup, can we then make FP+ selections?

All correct. It's the bummer of the room only reservation being first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter