• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Split Stay Questions

parkbr

Mouseketeer
We're going for 12 nights and we really want to try ASMo and POP/CBR (we've been to CBR and would like to go back because of Skyliners).
It turns out both POP and ASMo make us do 4 3-night split stays. (We're thinking of doing ASSp - POP - POFQ - ASMo: We're rather on a budget)

Would this be too much? Ideally, we wanted to do 3 4-night stays, but no availabilities. :(
BTW, we're traveling in May, so things can pop up from now until then, so we can continue looking. (Ideally, we would like to do ASMo - POP/CBR/POFQ (2 4 night stays out of 3).

Also for the split stays, do we check in again when we get to the new hotel or would I be able to enter the room directly?
I'm seeing many posts that Disney moves the luggage for you, but wasn't sure about check-in process.
And can I keep a laptop in the luggage?

There is no way I would do four, 3-night stays - you will just be packing, unpacking and without a room far too many times, IMHO. I would keep checking to keep it to 2 or 3 hotels. Yes, WDW will transfer your luggage for you, but don't expect it until late afternoon at the next resort. You can keep a laptop in the luggage if you feel comfortable having that in someone else' possession. When we split, we always uber/lyft to the next hotel with our stuff. You can online check-in for every hotel or just go to the front desk.

I personally think that is too much. Every time you move a room, you have to re-pack all of your bags and clean up the room. It is true that they will move your bags, you just bring them down to the front desk and bell services will transport them to your new resort. And yes, you can put a laptop in there if you're comfortable. However, the bags don't get there right away and may not arrive until the late afternoon. You'd be able to do online check in for each stay ahead of time so you wouldn't need to physically go to the front desk and once your room is ready you could go right in. The biggest thing is you just don't know exactly when your rooms will be ready - so for 3 days you will have no room from potentially 11:00am - 3:00pm and it will be a guessing game on when your bags will arrive. Maybe each time your new room will be ready at noon and your bags will get there early but you really never know and you are basically "homeless" until your next room is ready.

Also, a note on Pop vs. All Stars is that to me, having stayed at all the All Stars and Pop multiple times, all 4 are SO similar. Obviously Pop is a little different because it's on its own (and now has the Skyliner), but truly they are all the same in my opinion - they all have food courts, queue lines for busses, same room configurations/building situations, basic pools, etc. I absolutely wouldn't kill myself moving to 2 All Stars and Pop and go through all of that trouble for extremely similar experiences - at the very least, don't stay in 2 different All Stars.

If you want to try Sports or Movies, and you want a Skyliner resort, I would try for something like this: All Star, CBR (or Pop if you can't get CBR so you still get a Skyliner), POFQ. If it were me though, I would just do Pop and POFQ - you'd get a value experience, a Skyliner, and get to experience POFQ. I do get that adding an All Star in there saves some money but it adds more stress about packing/unpacking and being "homeless" for a day while you switch.

There is no way I would do four, 3-night stays - you will just be packing, unpacking and without a room far too many times, IMHO. I would keep checking to keep it to 2 or 3 hotels. Yes, WDW will transfer your luggage for you, but don't expect it until late afternoon at the next resort. You can keep a laptop in the luggage if you feel comfortable having that in someone else' possession. When we split, we always uber/lyft to the next hotel with our stuff. You can online check-in for every hotel or just go to the front desk.

Thank you.
This was not my favourite option, so I really hope the hotel we really want pops up!

I personally think that is too much. Every time you move a room, you have to re-pack all of your bags and clean up the room. It is true that they will move your bags, you just bring them down to the front desk and bell services will transport them to your new resort. And yes, you can put a laptop in there if you're comfortable. However, the bags don't get there right away and may not arrive until the late afternoon. You'd be able to do online check in for each stay ahead of time so you wouldn't need to physically go to the front desk and once your room is ready you could go right in. The biggest thing is you just don't know exactly when your rooms will be ready - so for 3 days you will have no room from potentially 11:00am - 3:00pm and it will be a guessing game on when your bags will arrive. Maybe each time your new room will be ready at noon and your bags will get there early but you really never know and you are basically "homeless" until your next room is ready.

Also, a note on Pop vs. All Stars is that to me, having stayed at all the All Stars and Pop multiple times, all 4 are SO similar. Obviously Pop is a little different because it's on its own (and now has the Skyliner), but truly they are all the same in my opinion - they all have food courts, queue lines for busses, same room configurations/building situations, basic pools, etc. I absolutely wouldn't kill myself moving to 2 All Stars and Pop and go through all of that trouble for extremely similar experiences - at the very least, don't stay in 2 different All Stars.

If you want to try Sports or Movies, and you want a Skyliner resort, I would try for something like this: All Star, CBR (or Pop if you can't get CBR so you still get a Skyliner), POFQ. If it were me though, I would just do Pop and POFQ - you'd get a value experience, a Skyliner, and get to experience POFQ. I do get that adding an All Star in there saves some money but it adds more stress about packing/unpacking and being "homeless" for a day while you switch.

Thank you for your response.
I really hope CBR is available, but it's not. :(

And POP one week is also not available, I will have to 'refresh' a lot. :(

4 hotels during a split stays seems like a lot. I’m getting nervous about just 2 lol
LOL!
We are used to doing 1 night or 2 nights road trips, so I guess that's why we thought about it, but then it does seem a lot to us too. haha.

We just got back from a 13 day stay w 4 resorts. Wouldn’t have chose that but it’s just how availability worked. We do like split stays, but 4 was a bit much, even when we never unpack. If you could keep it to 2 or 3 max, I’d say do it if you’re young. 😉 DH and I are both over 50 and just getting averse to that much moving now.

I always do three DVC resorts on my stays. Try for a one bedroom at least once, usually in the middle for laundry.

I always do three DVC resorts on my stays. Try for a one bedroom at least once, usually in the middle for laundry.
That’s exactly what we did. It was 1 night Copper Creek studio, 2 nights studio Riviera, 6 nights 2 bedroom value(!) AKV Jambo House, then 3 nights in a BLT studio. We’ve decided at our ages and style of vacationing, we’re done w studios, period. Even if it’s only 3 of us rather than 4(adult son will eventually not come), we’re not doing less than a 1 BR anymore. Our length of stay will be determined by that cost now.

That’s exactly what we did. It was 1 night Copper Creek studio, 2 nights studio Riviera, 6 nights 2 bedroom value(!) AKV Jambo House, then 3 nights in a BLT studio. We’ve decided at our ages and style of vacationing, we’re done w studios, period. Even if it’s only 3 of us rather than 4(adult son will eventually not come), we’re not doing less than a 1 BR anymore. Our length of stay will be determined by that cost now.
Yes, I have been adding on points recently so that I can do 1 bedrooms. My spring trip has two studios and a 1 bedroom in the middle (BWV), but my fall trip is all 1 bedrooms.

We just got back from a 13 day stay w 4 resorts. Wouldn’t have chose that but it’s just how availability worked. We do like split stays, but 4 was a bit much, even when we never unpack. If you could keep it to 2 or 3 max, I’d say do it if you’re young. 😉 DH and I are both over 50 and just getting averse to that much moving now.
Thank you,
We are doing 3 resorts now. Much better than 4! :D
We're young, but going with the parents who are in early 60s. So don't want them to go through crazy packing up and go again type of things.

Yes, I have been adding on points recently so that I can do 1 bedrooms. My spring trip has two studios and a 1 bedroom in the middle (BWV), but my fall trip is all 1 bedrooms.

That's very nice! :D
Unfortunately we don't think we could afford to get two one-bedrooms as we will be paying for our parents and we are on a budget.
But something to consider next time!

Are you a DVC owner?

Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun and exciting hotels!
We're still okay with studio - because our DD still climbs upto our bed every night, making us wonder why we have 5 beds (1 King, 3 Queens and 1 single) throughout the 2nd floor and a basement when only 1 bed is used (1 King that is). LOL.
Also, my DD loves going to the trips because she got to sleep with us!

The only exception was DCL, when she got her own bunk bed and ditched us!

Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun and exciting hotels!
We're still okay with studio - because our DD still climbs upto our bed every night, making us wonder why we have 5 beds (1 King, 3 Queens and 1 single) throughout the 2nd floor and a basement when only 1 bed is used (1 King that is). LOL.
Also, my DD loves going to the trips because she got to sleep with us!

The only exception was DCL, when she got her own bunk bed and ditched us!
It actually was fun looking forward to a new place. I wish direct-to-room was working a bit better but I think that’s because they have fewer housekeeping ppl and the squeaky wheels are getting rooms first. Out of the 4, we had to hit the front desk after 5-6pm to see what was up. Then suddenly the rooms were ready quickly. It could have been the case at Copper Creek too but we didn’t arrive until after 9:30pm so it was ready. 🤣

My oldest has been ditching us too since he was 14 on a DCL cruise too coincidentally. I feel ya. 😅

That reminds me of how wonderful the DCL beds are. Dear lord, Disney beds have gotten so much worse! In BLT, even the Queen is nothing more than a roll-away w a thin mattress. 😖 DH sleep sitting up in each resort. Sometime on the couch w legs on.

When we were owners, that’s how we used our points. We went every other year and we’re able to use the accumulated 300 points to stay comfortably. 🥰

Thank you,
We are doing 3 resorts now. Much better than 4! :D
We're young, but going with the parents who are in early 60s. So don't want them to go through crazy packing up and go again type of things.
Your transferred luggage won’t show up in your next Resort room until you are in the room and call bell services to request they deliver it, which could be a long wait, or you can pick it up from bell services yourself. Transferred Luggage is usually not available until after 4pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter