• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Split stay

Perrypooh

Mouseketeer
I have an 7 night trip planned right now just at Movies. Thinking about doing 2 nights at Movies then hopping over to Art for the rest, but doing 2 nights in the suites and then the rest in the Little Mermaid room. Has anyone done this type of stay before at the same resort? Also considering Yacht Club if I can make the budget work and the dates open up.

I have an 7 night trip planned right now just at Movies. Thinking about doing 2 nights at Movies then hopping over to Art for the rest, but doing 2 nights in the suites and then the rest in the Little Mermaid room. Has anyone done this type of stay before at the same resort? Also considering Yacht Club if I can make the budget work and the dates open up.

That’s an awful lot of moving for a weeklong trip and with very little purpose tbh. Why move again once you’re at AoA? Just seems weird and adding unnecessary stress. If you’re considering the LM rooms there I have to assume you don’t need the extra space for the suite. How many will be traveling?

If you can make it work I would honestly scrap this plan and split between 2 of Movies or LM rooms and YC. Being able to walk to 2 parks in COVID times is huge. And you still have relative access to the Skyliner if you want to eat at RIV. If not I would just split between Movies and LM rooms if you don’t need the space.

I wouldn’t split it 3 ways for a 7 night trip. If your heart is set on AoA, I’d do movies for 3/4 nights and LM room at AoA for 3/4 nights. By the time you pay for a suite at AoA you can stay deluxe so I’d almost always recommend a deluxe resort over an AoA suite unless you have a large party that can’t fit in a standard room.
If your goal is just better transportation with the skyliner access at AoA, I’d suggest looking into Pop. A lot of times their standard rooms are a bit cheaper than the LM rooms and you can always walk over to AoA to look at all the big fun theming there.
Since you’re looking at yacht club, have you considered the Swan/Dolphin? You can usually stay there for about the price of a moderate and can walk/boat to Epcot and HS. A few years ago I did a split stay between movies and the Dolphin and it was great!

I wouldn’t split it 3 ways for a 7 night trip. If your heart is set on AoA, I’d do movies for 3/4 nights and LM room at AoA for 3/4 nights. By the time you pay for a suite at AoA you can stay deluxe so I’d almost always recommend a deluxe resort over an AoA suite unless you have a large party that can’t fit in a standard room.
If your goal is just better transportation with the skyliner access at AoA, I’d suggest looking into Pop. A lot of times their standard rooms are a bit cheaper than the LM rooms and you can always walk over to AoA to look at all the big fun theming there.
Since you’re looking at yacht club, have you considered the Swan/Dolphin? You can usually stay there for about the price of a moderate and can walk/boat to Epcot and HS. A few years ago I did a split stay between movies and the Dolphin and it was great!
That’s an awful lot of moving for a weeklong trip and with very little purpose tbh. Why move again once you’re at AoA? Just seems weird and adding unnecessary stress. If you’re considering the LM rooms there I have to assume you don’t need the extra space for the suite. How many will be traveling?

If you can make it work I would honestly scrap this plan and split between 2 of Movies or LM rooms and YC. Being able to walk to 2 parks in COVID times is huge. And you still have relative access to the Skyliner if you want to eat at RIV. If not I would just split between Movies and LM rooms if you don’t need the space.

Mainly I am doing Sea World, so I just need Movies for the first two nights. Then I will move over to Art. Splitting the rooms is a bit cheaper, as I mainly want to stay in Cars for a few nights. Just traveling solo, so I just need it for two nights. Yes it will be a little more work but I will have two bags. So it's noit that bad. Who knows maybe I could get lucky and they extend me back into cars or another suite. odds of that happening are slim.

Last edited:

Mainly I am doing Sea World, so I just need Movies for the first two nights. Then I will move over to Art. Splitting the rooms is a bit cheaper, as I mainly want to stay in Cars for a few nights. Just traveling solo, so I just need it for two nights. Yes it will be a little more work but I will have two bags. So it's noit that bad. Who knows maybe I could get lucky and they extend me back into cars or another suite. odds of that happening are slim.

Why not just ditch ASMo and split between the two AoA rooms?

Why not just ditch ASMo and split between the two AoA rooms?

I plan on doing Sea World and a few other things out of the area, so with the lower costs I decided to do Movies since I won't be at the resort at all. The days I will be at Art I will have a resort day/few days to be there to justify the cost. Plus it's actually cheaper to add movies into the mix.

I plan on doing Sea World and a few other things out of the area, so with the lower costs I decided to do Movies since I won't be at the resort at all. The days I will be at Art I will have a resort day/few days to be there to justify the cost. Plus it's actually cheaper to add movies into the mix.

Curious why if you're already moving to go to AoA and the days you're at Movies you're doing "Sea World and a few other things out of the area" you don't just stay somewhere cheaper closer to those and move to AoA once you're going to be sticking with Disney property.

I have split stayed at up to 5 resorts in 12 days. Yes, you are without a room from checkout until check-in but if you have something planned during that time (i.e. pool time, park, Disney Springs) I don't find it that disruptive. I like that it feels like I am on different vacations just by staying in different resorts. I have stayed in 2 different room types at the same resort. It definitely makes it easier with luggage since you don't have to have bell services transfer it to a new hotel, but instead just have them hold it. If both rooms types at AOA interest you I say go for it along with the movies.

I mean if this is the case, I have to agree with Dug that staying off property while you’re doing SeaWorld etc and then moving to AoA for the Disney portion of your trip makes more sense. If you won’t be doing anything on property why pay the extra to stay at Movies?

Curious why if you're already moving to go to AoA and the days you're at Movies you're doing "Sea World and a few other things out of the area" you don't just stay somewhere cheaper closer to those and move to AoA once you're going to be sticking with Disney property.

I mean if this is the case, I have to agree with Dug that staying off property while you’re doing SeaWorld etc and then moving to AoA for the Disney portion of your trip makes more sense. If you won’t be doing anything on property why pay the extra to stay at Movies?

I want Disney transportation and (Magical Express) and only have to use Uber twice. I still plan going to Disney Springs the first night. I also love All Star Movies. Next year will be different without the bus but will worry about that then.

I'm assuming you're traveling yet this year? If not, Magical Express is gone starting in 2022.

Seems like a lot of hotel switches, but you know you. Sounds like you have your mind made up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter