Split stay

Hopingforpixiedust

Mouseketeer
I’m considering a split stay between Poly/Yacht so that we can be close to MK on our MK days and close to the other parks on those days. We’ve never done a split. Is it worth the hassle? The other option would be staying at poly the whole time. It’s going to be a busy time of year (spring break) so I thought proximity might be beneficial. What’s everyone’s opinions?

I agree - we do split stays all the time between MK and EPCOT resorts. We believe it is worth it. One time we were there for 2 weeks and did 4 resorts - one being AKL. We love not having to get on buses to get back to the resort when we stay late. We love the Poly or CR - with the CR we love that we can walk to MK. Enjoy!

Big fans of split stays here! Half MK resort/Half Epcot resort….like two vacations in one! Well worth the hassle, which isn’t too much of a hassle. Stormalong Bay at YC/BC is pretty cool.

We love doing split stays between MK/Epcot area. It's absolutely worth the hassle to be able to avoid busses for 3 out of 4 parks. It also makes taking a mid-day break so much easier, especially if it's crowded and hot. To make things a little bit less of a hassle with moving, I essentially pack 1 suitcase with all our clothes for the first resort and a 2nd suitcase with all our clothes for the second resort, that way it's a little bit less packing and re-packing. It pretty much just means toiletries and maybe shoes move from one bag to the other during the stay.

Sounds like you've already been convinced, but one more huge thumbs up for the split stay from me! We started doing this about 5 years ago and it worked so well it's now the "normal stay" for us! We tend to choose the hotels based on the discounts offered and availability, so it frequently ends up being GF and either BWI or BC, though we've stayed at and enjoyed all 3 monorail resorts plus WL, and all 3 EP resorts as well.

Have a wonderful trip!

What's the best way to deal with luggage with a split stay?

It's looking like I'll do part of my stay at Port Orleans French Quarter and the other part at Port Orleans Riverside. Is it easier to bring my luggage to the new hotel in the morning for them to store? Or bring it to the park for the park to store?

We did a split stay on our last trip because we'd never been there before and wanted to try out a couple of resorts. It was such a smooth process that we plan on doing it again next time.

What's the best way to deal with luggage with a split stay?

It's looking like I'll do part of my stay at Port Orleans French Quarter and the other part at Port Orleans Riverside. Is it easier to bring my luggage to the new hotel in the morning for them to store? Or bring it to the park for the park to store?
Take it to resort #2 in the morning, let them store it and head off to a park.

Op - I love split stays, my son (adult) puts up with them but isn't a fan. I think there are a mix of loves and hates and it might depend on your group make up and if you have a car or not.

We didn't start doing them until my son was an adult and we drive down so have a car. I did my first one when I was renting points at OKW and couldn't get a room for my entire stay so I did a few days at OKW and moved to BW. I fell in love with split stays then. Now, I tend to do them with the first night or two at a value or moderate resort then move to an Epcot resort. My thoughts are that we arrive between 1 and 3 then always head to a park so it's not worth paying deluxe for that night. Then, I know you have to take a bus to AK so that is usually our second day. We don't split with MK/Epcot simply because MK is a half day park for us. We will hop over there maybe for a hour or two during the week but we never spend all day there.

I unpack, my son does not. Usually I do a small bag for the first stay and put my laptop and my hanging toiletry bag in a tote bag. For the second stay, which is usually longer I pack a little bigger bag. I stick my dirty clothes back in bag #1 and my pjs in my tote bag. If I think I will use a swim suit at stay #1, I put that and a cover up and my pool flip flops in a packing cube. Easy enough to pack those back into the cube if they are wet on move day. If they aren't wet, I just transfer that cube to my other suitcase. We go to resort #2 in the morning and drop our bags off at Bell Services then head to a park. Bag from resort #1 stays in the car. Move day takes zero time away from our park. My son just uses the same suitcase for both stays and if he has a wet bathing suit, just puts it in the laundry bag that's usually in the room or a trash bag and sticks it back on the top of the suitcase. Takes it out when we get the room in Resort #1 so I can wash it out and hang it up.

We are doing a 4 days CBR 3 days WL. We won’t have a car. I’m hoping I can trust bell services to deliver our bags so we can go to MK.
Anyone have any problems lately have bell services deliver luggage between resorts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter