Splitting MK into two days...

DisneyMom2000000

DIS Veteran
What's your strategy?

We have always done Fantasyland/Tomorrowland on one day, everything else on the other. We would like to switch it up next time!

And do you like to do the two days back to back or split them up (maybe first and last day)?

I like to split them up - first and last day of the trip. First day I do tomorrowland and fantasyland up to the castle. Second day go the left (frontier land/adventure land/ up to Peter Pan) and finish the day with fireworks :)

We've never done two days at MK in one trip, until this year.

Currently planning to do MK the morning of a MVMCP, and returning the next night which has evening EMH. Will rope drop the first day, lunch at one of the monorail resorts, relax/nap at the hotel during the afternoon, and then hop to Epcot for Illuminations and the Candlelight Processional. The next night we'll arrive at 5PM due to $59 convention tickets. Had NO problem getting great Fastpasses for our evening MK visit.

Planning on a relaxing and fun two days!

We split it up based on FP+ Availability. We also love roller coasters, so I try to make sure we have FP+ for them on each day. We also put a day in between our MK days.

We've done Adventureland/Frontierland (FP+ for POC, BTMRR, and HM) and then Tomorrowland/Fantasy Land with FP+ for SpaceMountain, 7DMT, and PP. We also make our FP+ for earlier in the day so we can get a 4th FP+

Last edited:
I usually take advantage of morning EMH and begin with the Tomorrowland/Fantasyland side. On another day I begin with the Adventureland/Frontierland side. I try not to do the same park on consecutive days. I typically don't spend an entire day in one park, so I try to split park time between daytime and nighttime.

I like to start on one end, then work our way around the park doing our "must dos". We will also do some of the more "2nd-tier" rides depending on time. Next MK day (we like a day or 2 in between the 2 MK days) we will ride our favorites again and try to get on some of the things we missed on day 1. We will be there most if not all of the day, so there will be time to do all the lands.

WE always plan to do 2 days at MK...not necessarily at any particular time. We don't really have a strategic plan when we get there although we tend to start in Tomorrowland. We usually work counterclockwise around the park. We always do Park Hoppers so we can take advantage of EMH or if we wanted to hop back over for something like the fireworks or when they had the Eletrical Parade still.

We always have 2 days at MK and we split them up with usually a day or two in between. I mainly just make sure I have FP's for the "mountains" of 7DMT both days. We don't usually go by land because we most likely go to all of the lands on both days. We like to watch the fireworks by the castle one night, and the other night we always watch from Thunder Mountain which is fantastic (and when I saw from TM I mean on the ride)!

We are doing 2 days at MK this year. If you were to split the castle down the middle, we are doing half of the park day 1 and the other half on day 2. Going left to right both days. Using fast passes to maximize flow and minimize back tracking.

We always try to do 2 days: our first mk day we usually do Fantasyland and tomorrow land and then stay for fireworks. The second MK day later in the week we will do frontierland then Adventureland making sure we catch FOF parade! Of course this is all dependent on getting the fp we want!

When we do two days we usually just make sure we get the fastpasses we want for both days, and then once we are there just go with the flow! Walking around the park is one of our favorite things to do, so we find ourselves crisscrossing a lot.

If you want to shake it up a little, here's one idea:
On one day do Frontierland/ Storybook Circus/ Tomorrowland either in that order or reverse order with your FP+ in the land you are ending in. Take the train between Storybook Circus and Frontierland.
The other day concentrate on Fantasyland.
I would fit Adventureland in where I could, perhaps as additional FP+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter