Splitting up a big group?

Blndiebby25

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone,

A group of 12 of us are planning a trip to Disneyland from May 29 to June 4. We will be spending 5 days at Disneyland. A few people have suggest splitting our group up as it will be easier. I'm not sure what the best way to split us up would be.

Here is what our group consists of: my parents (age 50), my brother (26), sister in law (28), and their 3 kids (5,8,12); me (27), my fiance (38), my kids (4,7), his son (13).

Option 1: Splitting up according to the kids ages, four and five year old with a couple of adults; seven and eight year old with a couple of adults; and the tweleve and thirteen year old with another couple of adults.

Option 2: Splitting up according to familys, me, my fiance, and our kids; my brother and his family; and my parents switching off between the 2 groups.

Option 3: A combination of both above options. One day with Option 1 and one day with Option 2, etc.

Any opinions or other options? Since this will be our first visit to Disneyland and I'm not sure when the next time will be I want the kids to have the best time they can have and I want to spend as much time with my kids as I can to see the joy and excitement on their faces.

Since you're staying there 5 days, I would recommend the first day experiencing it together, and the 2nd day, letting the 12 & 13 year old go with the energetic adults, and the 4-8 go with the others, and selecting a couple of times a day to all get together for meals. For instance you could all arrange to meet up at the Golden Horseshoe to have a meal & watch the show. I would also recommend some immediate family time so you can do what you want, and again meeting up with everyone at a set time.

Sounds like you all are going to have a great time! :sunny:

My advice : Be flexible. I think it's a great idea to try to spend the first day together and from then on, figure it as you go. You'll probably find there are times you want to do option 1, times you'll want to do option 2, and times you'll want to be together as a group. You and all the kids will have so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter