Spoilers: How much do you want to see before you go?

I generally don’t want rides spoiled, but I’m not a Star Wars geek. I know I will need some information to better appreciate the land, and as an interactive ride, I think it’s helpful to be aware of some tips.

I suppose if I had a trip planned I would do more to avoid spoilers, but I may not make it to a Galaxy’s edge until next summer.

I want to see everything, because I learned at Wizarding World that photos don't do it justice. It's completely different being there in person.

I really don't think pictures and videos are spoilers.

This is a question I've been thinking about. I want to know what not to miss and tips about getting the most out of it all, but I don't want to ruin the magic. I don't watch ride videos in general, but I think I'll read trip reports. I've learned that I enjoy stuff other people don't, so I don't let trip reports deter me from trying food or experiences.

We’re going to WDW June 11th, so obviously before the Orlando version will be open.

I’m 100% fine with seeing pictures and spoilers of stuff in the land, but doing my best to avoid on ride spoilers, especially when the resistance ride opens

Watching videos or reading spoilers about it doesn't bother me. I'll watch a few I'm sure before I go (we'll be at WDW in November). I might even skip the land if the crowds are too nuts (which I fully expect) since we don't stay on property for the extra morning hours that resort guests are given. Who knows when I'll actually see it. My tolerance for lineups is minimal - maybe 45 minutes MAX.

I'm avoiding videos and even most photos and descriptions, but I'm kind of walking a line as I do it--I want to know enough that I'm not completely disoriented when I get there and enough so I know what shops/special merchandise are worth my time since I assume I won't be able to do everything. So I read up on the lightsabers and the droids, enough to know that I'm probably not interested in building a lightsaber but might be interested in building a droid, and I read that thread about role assignments on Smuggler's Run to have some idea what I'm getting into...but I don't want to see photos of the land, I don't want to see attraction videos, and I don't want to see videos of the droid building process because I want all of those things to surprise me at least a little bit. I read too many trip reports before my first trip to the Wizarding World, and while Diagon Alley still wowed me, I think it would have outright taken my breath away if I hadn't seen a bunch of pictures before I saw it in person.

I was there yesterday (opening day) and purposely avoided most spoilers. I will say that I wish I had watched an overview video of where things are located in the land as the map was not terribly helpful, the queues for everything spilled outside the buildings (i.e. cantina, lightsaber, droid depot etc) and the buildings aren't labeled in English in most cases (helps with authenticity but adds to the confusion!). So you had queues but no idea what they were for or whether you should hop in one.

We found our way in the end but it took a bit longer than normal. All in all, a wonderful experience though!

I try to avoid as many detailed photos as possible. It's basically impossible to have not seen the standard Falcon photo by now. I will avoid reading much about anything or watching any videos. I will, however, read about food and look at those photos since I think that's good planning.

I've seen whatever pictures show up on my social media feed but haven't sought anything out. My hand keeps HOVERING over certain youtube videos but then, I don't actually watch. I'm trying to avoid spoilers.

That being said, I don't even have a trip planned and likely won't be able to visit GE for at least a year, so it's extremely likely i'll cave eventually. I tried to hold out for Pandora and failed. Still love the land anyway.

I'm still not looking for full ride videos yet, but after the full walkthrough videos for Savi's workshop I am even more excited about doing the build your own lightsaber experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter