• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spontaneous Magical Moments - Share your stories of Disney Magic

On our first trip to Disney together, DH (at the time, my boyfriend) and I danced under these beautiful trees in DTD that were strung with white twinkle lights. Cutesy Disney music was pumping through the speakers, and we probably looked ridiculous, but it was a perfect moment. No extra pixie dust needed, just the normal amount that you get at Disney.

On our first trip to Disney together, DH (at the time, my boyfriend) and I danced under these beautiful trees in DTD that were strung with white twinkle lights. Cutesy Disney music was pumping through the speakers, and we probably looked ridiculous, but it was a perfect moment. No extra pixie dust needed, just the normal amount that you get at Disney.
That is so cute!

I posted up thread, but seeing the sheer volume of these is very touching!

My trip had been an extended family trip in the fall and for Christmas I gave my parents a photo book of the trip. I asked every family member to give me their favorite ride, favorite park, and a "magic moment" to include in the book. Every single person easily came up with more than one.

A very silly one that makes me laugh had nothing to do with Disney pixie dust and more to do with my silly family: we all watch the TV show Survivor and discuss it every season. On our AK day, we heard a familiar voice while we were in line for Lion King and realized that "Boston Rob" and his wife, who met on the show and won, were just ahead of us in line with their kids. We happened to sit near them, told them we had enjoyed them on the show and they graciously chatted a minute. My kids list them as people we met, as though they were characters. . . Mickey, Goofy, Aladdin, Belle, Boston Rob. . . :tongue:

Children looking at those characters believing the characters are so real is truly magic.

You mean they are not?

I love this thread! It reminds me Disney is the best.

Two that I will share
On our 5th anniversary, we were at Tony's for breakfast. (yes they had that then). A cast member came up and chatted with us, asking us if we were going to the parade. I was not sure if we would or not but I said yes, to be polite anyway. He asked if we wanted to be grand marshalls. YES! He was great to chat with and I think me in my ears did not hurt when he was looking for someone. It was also great that he picked us since we did not have kids. I love to see families get to do things, but it was nice to be picked as a family - even though we have no little ones.

In 2013, we were at WDW MK for our 20th anniversary. We get shirts made at DTD that match. Everywhere we went that day, we received pixie dust. Dessert at lunch and dinner that we had not ordered, done with Mickey sprinkles. A cookie in the circus tent for me while we purchased caramel popcorn for DH. Plus every cast member and character said happy anniversary in their own way.
pixiedust:

We had just had a wonderful vacation, and were finishing up with our last day at Mk. The day just kept getting better and better. The interaction with the characters was great, we were given 5 anytime fast passes, which we shared with whoever wanted to join us, the CM at the restaurant remembered us from last year and gave us a cupcake to share, the day was perfect. All too soon, it was time to leave MK for Pop, so we headed back to the busses. Our bus was there when we got there and this perfect day would soon come to an end. The driver was great. He strapped DDs wheelchair down and the other people started to board. Then he made his way back to us and gave me a sticker and a card for DD. The card said "You Matter". I was so touched I cried all the way back to Pop. That simple little card meant the world to me. DD matters.

Of course when we got off the bus I told guest services about our driver, but I was so moved by this simple act of kindness I'm not sure if they understood how much it meant to me. We've been home 2 months, now but every time I see that little card, I tear up. I'm reminded of our perfect day, and that dear bus driver who's small gesture brightened up my world.

So many! My two favourites:
When I was 10 they were doing a parade where they picked a few groups of guests each night to be in the parade, I really wanted to be in it so we asked at city hall. They told us to go to the bus stop infront of the Main Street station at a certain time and act really enthusiastic, then they'd pick people to be in the parade and put them on the bus. So we did, but we didn't get chosen. A CM noticed, came over, walked me and my to the next bus stop and got onto the bus with us! I got to dance all the day down main street in the parade wearing my Jasmine costume (fully committed to the performance of course, even at 10! My shoes were to big for me so I scrunched my toes up the whole parade to make sure they didn't fly into the audience when I kicked!)

Told this one a few times before, but more recently on my trip a few months ago, I was wearing a mad hatter hat and unbirthday girl badge. The Mad Hatter saw me, came over and exclaimed 'you're my friend', he then gave me his arm to hold onto, told Alice she's been replaced then took me for a little walk, he was super sweet to me all day whenever he saw me, he made me so happy!

I love seeing these threads.

There are so many threads about bad experiences, rude people, this that and the other that sometimes I almost not dare log on before an upcoming trip because I always get that "what if this happens to me" feeling.

So I love this thread!

I've had so many spontaneous magical moments and some of them are so silly and simple to other's but it really is how you take it all in. From chats with random cast members, Spending time on the people mover just relaxing, All of these things are magical to me.

One that sticks out in my memory the most is the night I mustered up the courage to go to a character meet solo. I had my mind set that I wanted to meet the Great Goofini (Goofy has been my favorite since I was a child) I went to Pete's Silly Sideshow right about the time the electrical parade started, I was prepared to wait in line with all the families and maybe catch a glance or two from a parent wondering where my child was or if I was lost. I had thought about coming in earlier but the line was a bit long. So I got up to the tent and I walked around the corner and stopped in my tracks as I realized.... I was the only one in line.

There I stood with 6 cast members, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy all staring at me. It was SO AWKWARD... I wanted to turn around and walk out pretending I was in the wrong place! That was until a cast member came over and shouted "GUYS OUR STAR IS HERE!!"

I literally got to spend SO much time with the characters, Including multiple selfies in which Goofy attempted to be a part of all of them (he managed his nose in the pictures)

It was SO AWESOME. I will never forget that night, Nor will I ever be afraid of solo character meets again

My father passed away when I was in high school, so he never got to meet my son, though we let him know how much his granddad would have loved him and been proud of him. We happened to be in DHS on the date of my father's birthday (Oct. 4th) and were taking a break by the planter near the Sorceror's Hat, when we looked up and noticed the character Chip coming out...he passed right by and gave my son a high five as he went. We were laughing about it, since it surprised us, when we looked up and saw Dale heading our direction. As he walked by, he grabbed my son's arm and looped it through his own, taking him on a stroll...Pluto joined in by putting his arm around my boy's shoulders. I was in such shock that I just stood there, watching them walk away, but my husband had the presence of mind to start snapping photos. Dale led him over to his and Chip's photo spot, where they posed for several pictures before finally letting him go. We were amazed and I had tears in my eyes - not just because of the individual attention, but because it was my father's birthday...and my father's name? Dale.

Attachments

• 483038_4796068025988_90359261_n.jpg
    483038_4796068025988_90359261_n.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 46
Great thread!
Mine happened last summer. DS13 finally agreed on our last night in MK to do character meets with me since I begged him all trip. We had done FP for wishes earlier in the trip so we decided to go to Pete's at that time hoping for short lines. Right when we walked in, we were the only ones there & we heard the first pop of fireworks. Right away, Goofy jumped up, ran toward us & motioned us to come outside. The CM said goofy LOVES fireworks! Then one by one, every character came out of the tent & we watched the fireworks with them all & it happened to be Donald's 80th birthday so we all ended the fireworks by singing Happy Birthday! It was so magical & after that, DS spent the next hour going to as many character meets as we could!

me and my wife have had tons of little bits of magic over the years;

i was playing the frontier land shooting arcade game, a cast member was watching me play and came over and said go again, he had flipped a switch in the cupboard at the side for another game.

we had our anniversary badges on last year and we went to Star Tours, we were asked to go all the way down to the final pod, when we went down the cast member on the ride said ok a nice trip to Endor for the anniversary couple, we had the whole ride car to ourselves and i got to be the rebel spy.

same trip as above we got free deserts for our anniversary at the harbor house mmmm cobbler :)

and my ultimate memory of disney magic was when we were visiting as they started soft openings for new fantasyland and it was about 12-1pm and as we were passing in fantasyland a cast member approached us with a scroll that had a red seal on it from Beast asking us to visit him for lunch, so we got to go in be our guest and there were only a handful of people there and as it was soft openings they were wanting everything to run so smooth there were tons of managment making sure everything was perfect. ive still got the scroll from that day its so cool !

I don't know if it would be considered "magical" but on our last trip we had some time to kill between FP+ in Adventureland. I was doing the trip on my own with 4 young kids (8, 8, 4 & 3) and it's hard to keep all 4 of them in good spirits during these wait times. We visited the Pirates store and 3 of the kids started playing with the swords. A CM at the store grabbed a couple swords and played with them for at least 10 minutes. I thanked her and we headed out for our FP+. After that FP+, the kids wanted to return to the Pirates store to wait for the next FP+. The CM quickly noticed them and began sword fighting again for 10-15 minutes. The kids talked about it all afternoon and we visited the store a couple more times that week hoping to see their "pirate friend" but never did. So, Chelsea at the Pirates store, you made their day!

This thread is adorable! I'm absolutely crying at some of the characters and kids stories.

My simple one seems so little, but when we were there in February, we joked that lines kept disappearing right in front of us. We just happened to hit two or three things right when they were opening up more ride vehicles or second pre-show rooms or something, and CM's would direct us from the middle of a long line to the front of a new one. It wasn't a big thing, but it really did feel like we had a cloud of pixie dust over our heads or something.

I have to share a brand new magical moment that just happened Saturday. It didn't happen at a Disney park, but it was pure Disney Magic. The Disney Store in our local mall had been closed since just after Christmas for a complete make-over. The grand re-opening was Saturday. Mickey and Minnie were going to be available for photos for about 4 hours in the afternoon as part of the Grand Opening. Since we have a trip scheduled for this summer to WDW, we figured we would not fight the crowd or wait in the super long line to meet the characters. We arrived at the mall around 4:15, about 15 minutes after the characters were scheduled to leave. As we headed toward the Disney store, we saw that Mickey was still there, but they had closed the line. My DS (2.5) viewed Mickey from afar and we told him that he needed to go home to Disney World soon and we would meet him there when we go. We shopped for a little while and then my DH took DS potty (which is nearby the M&G area). As I came out of the store to wait for them, I saw that Mickey and Minnie were both out and taking pictures with cast members before leaving. They wrapped up those photos as my DS was coming out of the bathroom. I quickly realized that Mickey and Minnie were going to walk right past were my DH and DS were and started trying to get the attention of DH. He saw them and stopped so DS could watch them. They walked right up to DS, both bent down, waved at home and gave him fives. It was like his own little moment. The sparkle in his eye was the sweetest. He was so star struck. They waved good-bye and continued to make their exit. DS paused for a moment and then took off running behind them. DH had to catch him or I think he would have followed them all the way back to Orlando.

I just have to tell this story because it is one of the best memories I have from Disney. My now husband (then fiancé) went to Disney just us the summer before we got married. We love pin trading and had been trading and trying to complete a specific Hidden Mickey set of villain pins the whole trip. By the time we got to the last day of our trip we were still missing one pin (the hardest to get). We were at EPCOT that day and we stopped to talk to many cast members throughout the day looking for this pin. Late in the afternoon, we encountered a cast member near the fountains and starting talking with him about how we were looking for this pin. It was 2008 and Disney was still doing their magical moments promotion where people were randomly selected for a wide variety of surprises. As we talked with him, he revealed to us that his job was to provide magical moments. He said that one of things he likes to do is help people complete pin sets so he keeps a lot of completer pins in his office. He invited us to walk with him to go check and see if he had the pin he was looking for. We followed him and as we walked he told us really interesting information about how the randomized works for giving away nights in Cinderella Castle and unlimited Fastpasses. He was fascinating to chat with! When we got to the building where his office was, he left us in a lobby and went to check for the pin. When he returned he said that he unfortunately did not have it, but gave us a magical moments certificate anyway. We left his office and continued our day. As we were leaving the park that evening, we still had not found the pin. We stopped in one last shop before we left to see if any cast members working the shop happened to have the pin on their lanyard. They did not and we were getting ready to leave, when I a cast member walked out of the back room with the pin on his lanyard! We were able to trade with him and complete our set. My husband and I still wonder if that was truly random or if it was a piece of Disney magic orchestrated by that cast member we had met earlier in the day. Either way, we fondly remember this moment.

Now it is your turn. Talk about the Disney Magic that just happened to occur.
My magical moment has to be explained. I am a product of the 50's which means growing up watching the original MM Club, watching the Wide World of Disney Sunday nights and dreaming of being able to go to Disneyland but doubting I could ever afford it. My wife and I still make sure to be at the opening day of every Disney release. We both love the Disney "Magic". When I could finally afford to take my sons to the Magic Kingdom back in 1987 my wife and I had our Magic Moment. When we entered the Magic Kingdom and came around the corner to see Cinderella's Castle for the first time, we both broke down into tears. It was a dream finally fulfilled. Now that we are older and can afford to visit every year, believe it or not, we still have our magic moment. Seeing the Castle every trip for the first time always brings the waterworks and I am not ashamed of it. Disney magic comes from the heart. It is what keeps us young. Two months ago while waiting for a bus at the AS Music, a young couple saw that we had Happy Anniversary pins on. Our 41st. They congratulated us and then asked this question "What is it you two do here at your age?" I told them to keep coming back-it will ensure that you always stay young. Then I told them we visit two parks every day. Start at the beginning of the day and close the parks which really blew them away. Age is a number, your state of mind is very real. To truly enjoy the Magic of Disney you need to embrace it, live it, be childlike where you are always in awe of your surroundings. Not only at WDW, but in every day life.

First Visit with DD, was trying very hard to have the first magical moment. I had got myself to start relaxing and enjoy the park and it happened. Right after her Bippity Boppity appointment (she was already a glowing Cinderella), Peter Pan and Wendy went frolicking past us. Wendy stopped, bent down, and exclaimed, "Your Peter's favorite!". It was the perfect moment.

My magical moment has to be explained. I am a product of the 50's which means growing up watching the original MM Club, watching the Wide World of Disney Sunday nights and dreaming of being able to go to Disneyland but doubting I could ever afford it. My wife and I still make sure to be at the opening day of every Disney release. We both love the Disney "Magic". When I could finally afford to take my sons to the Magic Kingdom back in 1987 my wife and I had our Magic Moment. When we entered the Magic Kingdom and came around the corner to see Cinderella's Castle for the first time, we both broke down into tears. It was a dream finally fulfilled. Now that we are older and can afford to visit every year, believe it or not, we still have our magic moment. Seeing the Castle every trip for the first time always brings the waterworks and I am not ashamed of it. Disney magic comes from the heart. It is what keeps us young. Two months ago while waiting for a bus at the AS Music, a young couple saw that we had Happy Anniversary pins on. Our 41st. They congratulated us and then asked this question "What is it you two do here at your age?" I told them to keep coming back-it will ensure that you always stay young. Then I told them we visit two parks every day. Start at the beginning of the day and close the parks which really blew them away. Age is a number, your state of mind is very real. To truly enjoy the Magic of Disney you need to embrace it, live it, be childlike where you are always in awe of your surroundings. Not only at WDW, but in every day life.
That is great! Your right! Disney is magic.

First trip with kids in 2007. They had just started the Jack Sparrow interaction in Adventureland recently and we stumbled upon one of the shows on our first day. My 8yo son was picked and then he was the one chosen to sword fight Jack at the end. I think he even had a line "look the governors daughter!" Or something like that. What a start to the trip!

This was only topped by the 6yo and 8yo brothers spontaneously holding hands as they entered Magic Kingdom for the first time. So great.

Ditto to everything you said. 2 trips ago I wished in the fountain to get engaged to my (then BF) DH and it happened later that night. This trip, I'll be wishing for the same thing you did...future DD or DS.

Oh my goodness, ladies. SOBBING! Wishing you all the best.

It's such a simple little thing - but truly one of my fondest memories. 2 years ago was our first trip as a family with our 1 year old and 5 year old. On one of our MK days we did the park thing in the morning, went back for naps and came back at night. Our 2 didn't have much interest at all in the parades/fireworks, so we opted to walk around and find something our 5 year old could do while our 1 year old tried to fall asleep in the stroller. We found ourselves back in Storybook Circus completely by ourselves. We were quite literally the only family in the entire area. My husband and I took turns riding Barnstormer over and over with our daughter and playing around in the splash station and checking out the gift shop all on our own. Since our 5 year old was scared of the bigger roller coasters, Barnstormer was her absolute favorite ride from all 4 parks. She felt like Disney World was there just for her that night - it doesn't get better than that :).

Well, I don't know if this qualifies but it was a little special to me:
Last September, we went to EPCOT so I could say goodbye to Maelstrom. I had a FP for it, but there wasn't a line so I went through standby. I had a boat all to myself!
When I went back 20 minutes later, standby was 30 minutes so I used my FP. The ride stopped while waiting for launch so we had to exit without riding. I got a paper FP that I still have. But mostly I remember that my last ride was solo. So nobody saw my tears. Hope the replacement is as good.
Sarah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter