Spontaneous Trip, Busy time, MB, FP+ Incredible!!

That was exactly why we loved park hopping with FP+. The last two visits, TSMM and Soarin were long gone by the time we went to pull FP-. This way, we did the headliners in one park, then hopped for the afternoon and used our FP+ at that park. One day we did 3 parks!

Now the more I think on it, I can do the RD at one park and hit all the ones I want, then PH to the later park and do the FP+ at that park for the headliners. Facepalm on me for doing my whole next trip wrong... LoL!

It's nice to see a positive review. I came to the boards today looking for advice on how to go about scheduling FP+ and all I see is negative stuff! We are going in March and my window opens Wednesday. I'm so nervous about it! I haven't been living on the boards reading up on it so I don't even really know if there is a strategy to it. Obviously I don't want to screw up my ADRs... other than that can anyone recommend how to go about it? Also, is it like securing CRT... you have to be on the computer at midnight when your window opens to get anything good?

Oooh advice while I was posting!!! :cool1: That is the kind of thing I need to know!!!

You'll do fine! We loved it, and didn't miss not pulling FP- at all! If you have your ADR's scheduled, the block of FP+ you schedule will not allow you to overlap by default, kind of nice! Be sure to look at all the options it gives you, pick the one that is closest to what you want, then tweak one or two as you need!

I was so glad to come acrossed this thread! We have a trip planned for 3/28-4/6 and I was honestly getting really nervous about it bc of all the negative reviews. We are staying at the CR, first time since I was 12 that we are staying at a monorail resort so thats exciting for me! I always try to see the positive. I am OCD about planning and scheduling trips. I like that fact that I can reserve FPs before I even get to the park. When we went in 2012 it seemed counter productive and we had a TON of walking and we didnt even get to go on all the rides I wanted to go on bc I felt like we were walking all over the park just to get FP times and then rewalking the park to get back to all the rides. I am hoping this trip will be a little more organized for me and my family with all the reservations for FP :)

It's nice to see a positive review. I came to the boards today looking for advice on how to go about scheduling FP+ and all I see is negative stuff! We are going in March and my window opens Wednesday. I'm so nervous about it! I haven't been living on the boards reading up on it so I don't even really know if there is a strategy to it. Obviously I don't want to screw up my ADRs... other than that can anyone recommend how to go about it? Also, is it like securing CRT... you have to be on the computer at midnight when your window opens to get anything good?

LoL! I'm leaving in 31 days during a busy weekend (Princess Half Marathon Weekend) and I just went on and totally re-did my FP+ reservations and got everything I wanted. No panicking to be there at midnight.

I'm now doing rope drop at one park, FP+ in the afternoon at the second park. I'm feeling really, really good about my plans and they're breaking down really well and it's nice to know on the morning I'm doing MK, I have Soarin FP's before a Teppan Edo dinner. So that day I know I'm going to be able to hit Mermaid, Pan, etc, but still be able to FP the big rides later in the day. And you know, it's really nice to know that I'll be able to ride Soarin twice for sure without having to tear across the planet to get there or stare at my apps and count down how many hours I have left to rush over and get a FP. Last trip I was there for 7 days, with the paper passes, we did Soarin once and even then, it was the last day and we had to hop over to get the pass and then go to the park we were actually going to be at for the day.

When I went in November, I really planned on relying on paper passes and only made the FP+ reservations because I felt I had to (and I did it the night before our first day at the park and I randomly picked times and rides and changed them on-the-fly). I fully expected to hate it and I have said how much I hate the FP+ idea. But on the trip, you know, I'll say it... It worked really well.

Like I said before, we only had a half day at MK and could spend no morning at EPCOT except for the day after the race (which ended at 3am... A rope drop there would have sucked), but because of FP+, on our half day at MK, getting there at RD, we did Pooh, Mermaid twice, Small World, Mansion, Pirates, Space, Splash, and we had passes for Thunder but didn't go... Peter was closed, but we could have done that too, no problem. And it was Saturday AM on a 8-9 crowd day. In the park minutes after rope drop (we'd just missed the ceremony), out by 1:30p. And even though we didn't hit EPCOT on the Sunday until after 10am after waking up, checking out of our hotel, and busing over, we were able to do Soarin despite the paper passes being valid after we'd have hit our ME pickup time.

This next trip will be our first paper pass free trip and yes, I'm nervous... It's hard to think of a trip without a system we've relied heavily on for 5 years and 6 trips... But you know, I'm feeling good about it. I'm really happy with the freedom FP+ is giving me. It's not perfect, no... I wish I could FP+ just one more ride, I really wish I could FP+ multiple parks... But I think I can make this work for me as well or better than just the paper passes.

And go back through my posts, I was a FP+ hater. Hardcore. And while I'm not a sell-the-farm believer, my torch and pitchfork are still safely stowed in my barn. I'm feeling good, confident, though prepared for hiccups.

I was so glad to come acrossed this thread! We have a trip planned for 3/28-4/6 and I was honestly getting really nervous about it bc of all the negative reviews. We are staying at the CR, first time since I was 12 that we are staying at a monorail resort so thats exciting for me! I always try to see the positive. I am OCD about planning and scheduling trips. I like that fact that I can reserve FPs before I even get to the park. When we went in 2012 it seemed counter productive and we had a TON of walking and we didnt even get to go on all the rides I wanted to go on bc I felt like we were walking all over the park just to get FP times and then rewalking the park to get back to all the rides. I am hoping this trip will be a little more organized for me and my family with all the reservations for FP :)

One thing you do need to know, if you don't already, during your travel window there is a small chance that for at least part of your trip, the monorail may be down during the day.

It is really nice to read this review! People are freaking out, only focusing on the negative(while most have not experienced FP+ for themselves yet), and letting the unknown ruin their vacation! I understand the frustration, I do, but, what I don't understand is why let it bother you?:confused3 You are still on vacation! My family has not been on vacation in 7 years. 77777777777777 years, which means my kids have never been on a real vacation. Maybe these people who can go to WDW one or more times a year sould focus on the fact that they are lucky to be able to do that. To take my family on a vacation, especially at Disney, would be a dream and I'd be darned if I would let all the negative comments effect my attitude to the point where I wouldn't enjoy it! I understand that these people pay thousands of dollars to go to WDW but, they need to remember that WDW is not forcing them into coming. It's their vacation, they can choose to go elsewhere. They can choose to go to WDW with the mindset that FP+ will stink and ruin their vacation. Or they can choose to not let it bother them, what will be will be and have a great time. Who do you think will have more fun? It just boils down to the general population not liking change. Give it a chance and you may find it is the better system in the long run. And if you don't, Thank you for giving MY family an oppurtunity for bigger, better, and more frequent discounts so we can finally afford to go to WDW. And I guarentee you when we do, WE WILL HAVE FUN because we won't care about FP+ because we will be on vacation!;)

kaybird said:
I'm not sure how it takes more time than running through the parks going after FP-, our offsite friends this week remarked on being able to pull the 3 FP+ making more time to ride during the precious early hours.

We never went through thr parka running after fps. We got them as we went through the parks, and never had to wait.more than 2-3 mins to get to a fp machine. So 2-3 mins for 3 rides is less than 10 minutes....some have reported fp+ kiosk lines as taking 20+ minutes to go through...that's double the amt of time it took us to grab the same number of legacy fps.

I'm glad to see you had a wonderful trip! We stayed at the Boardwalk Inn (NOT our favorite by a long shot).

We were there from Dec. 31 - Jan. 6 and we too had a fabulous time. No issues with our magic bands at all and no problems with FP+. We loved it. We never pulled a single FP-. Didn't need it.

We were able to sleep in and get to the parks at about 10-11am every day. Because we were able to get proper sleep, there were no grumpy-gusses or meltdowns and we still got to ride everything we wanted too with minimal wait times. After Wishes in the evening, we waited 10 minutes for Star Tours and a few other rides.

I don't get it... I see others complain about long FP wait times, but we never waited more than 10 minutes. Test Track took 20, but we thought that was no big deal. We were able to change our FP times as well with no issues.

We can't wait to go back :hyper::hyper::hyper:

We never went through thr parka running after fps. We got them as we went through the parks, and never had to wait.more than 2-3 mins to get to a fp machine. So 2-3 mins for 3 rides is less than 10 minutes....some have reported fp+ kiosk lines as taking 20+ minutes to go through...that's double the amt of time it took us to grab the same number of legacy fps.

I saw that too, but I also saw that while people were saying they waited 20+ minutes to make FP+ reservations at the front of the park, other folks went to the kiosks at the back of the park and had a walk-up experience. Same thing happens ALL the TIME with SotMK. People at the fire station are in a 30 minute line, the CM's at Liberty Square are picking their nose, wondering were all the guests are.

Though again, this comes down to how much one's time is worth. Yes, I get that you can stay offsite and save money on the hotel, rent a car, etc etc etc. And yes, I could probably save money if I do the same. But is it worth it to me to spend $60 less on a room offsite, or is my time valuable enough that I'll pay the extra $60 for us to stay on-site and enjoy freedom of FP+ without a line at the kiosk when I get there as well as the EMH and DDP and the DME?

I think my time is worth that $60. I'll happily pay it and brush past those who opted differently. And when I go to Universal, I expect those same people to brush past me when they buy their FP's and I don't. It all boils down to getting what you pay for... If you're paying for a not entirely Disney experience, you're getting a not entirely Disney experience. If you're paying for the Disney bubble, you get the Disney bubble.

This post definitely makes me feel so much better about our next trip which will probably be in the fall. It's good to hear some positive reviews of FP+.
And I love the fact that it was a last minute trip!!!

I saw that too, but I also saw that while people were saying they waited 20+ minutes to make FP+ reservations at the front of the park, other folks went to the kiosks at the back of the park and had a walk-up experience. Same thing happens ALL the TIME with SotMK. People at the fire station are in a 30 minute line, the CM's at Liberty Square are picking their nose, wondering were all the guests are.

The reports and pictures I saw were regarding the kiosks in FL, not the ones at the front of the park.

Though again, this comes down to how much one's time is worth. Yes, I get that you can stay offsite and save money on the hotel, rent a car, etc etc etc. And yes, I could probably save money if I do the same. But is it worth it to me to spend $60 less on a room offsite, or is my time valuable enough that I'll pay the extra $60 for us to stay on-site and enjoy freedom of FP+ without a line at the kiosk when I get there as well as the EMH and DDP and the DME?

We stay at SOG...which is essentially a Disney Deluxe level hotel for 1/4 of the Disney Deluxe price...directly across the street from the Polynesian. a 7 night stay at the Poly in November 2014 is more than 3x what we paid for a 7 night stay at SOG in October 2013 (Shades' rates don't change based on seasons like Disney's do).

No, 3 FP+s is not worth $2,000+ more. Could we stay at a value? Sure. For November it would be about the same to stay at a Value as it would be to stay at Shades. But we're also getting a significantly smaller room (an issue with a toddler who needs a pack n play/crib) and significantly less transportation access (we don't generally get a rental car, and generally use the combo of Shades' relatively uncrowded buses and the monorail over at Poly). As Shades guests, we get access to EMH, and the location gives us better opportunity to make use of those EMHs than the value resorts do.

One thing you do need to know, if you don't already, during your travel window there is a small chance that for at least part of your trip, the monorail may be down during the day.

Yeah I read about that. We are due in to disney on Saturday night and the weekend won't be effected and I called the resort and they said the last day of work would be the 31st which happens to be our MK day, so for that day we can take the boat. So hopefully everything runs smoothly with the refurbishments :)

We are leaving the day after tomorrow (whoop, whoop!) and this post has made me feel much better. Thank you to the OP for the good review and for others for adding their two cents.

We have early risers in our family so we are RD people, and we travel and very slow times. With my kiddos we usually get a TON of rides in early in the morning, and we never pulled a ton of FP-. So I will do as advised and get my FP+ for later in the day when the rides are busier. Honestly, we can get on rides we would never even attempt before FP+, so I think this will work well for us. I agree that the value of our PH tickets has gone down without being able to do FP+ in more than one park. DH and I want to go back to Epcot while the kids stay at the Neverland Club, so I have to sacrifice our MK FP+ so we can have Test Track FP+ that evening. Stinks. I'm kind of secretly hoping something changes in the next two days, lol.

Now fingers crossed that construction at the Poly and the monorail won't be an issue. I'm REALLY trying to stay positive.

The reports and pictures I saw were regarding the kiosks in FL, not the ones at the front of the park.

Again, a high demand place... Of course the line in FL is going to be long. Every line in FL is long. :bitelip:

We stay at SOG...which is essentially a Disney Deluxe level hotel for 1/4 of the Disney Deluxe price...directly across the street from the Polynesian. a 7 night stay at the Poly in November 2014 is more than 3x what we paid for a 7 night stay at SOG in October 2013 (Shades' rates don't change based on seasons like Disney's do).

Well, that's where the logic falls down... "Essentially the same" isn't the same as actually the same. SoG is kind of the forgotten stepchild in the kind-of-but-not-quite Disney family in that it's really not one of the core Disney resorts, despite it's other ties and proximity. So no DDP, no DME... You're in the same boat as the Swans and Dolphins.

No, 3 FP+s is not worth $2,000+ more. Could we stay at a value? Sure. For November it would be about the same to stay at a Value as it would be to stay at Shades. But we're also getting a significantly smaller room (an issue with a toddler who needs a pack n play/crib) and significantly less transportation access (we don't generally get a rental car, and generally use the combo of Shades' relatively uncrowded buses and the monorail over at Poly). As Shades guests, we get access to EMH, and the location gives us better opportunity to make use of those EMHs than the value resorts do.

Then that's about where you choose to spend your money. For you, the room size and the location of the hotel is worth the compromises in the ability to do the FP+. And that's fine, nothing wrong with that.

I make those choices on my Disney vacations too... But when I stay at Pop and save the money, I don't begrudge those who can roll out of bed and hop the monorail. It's not the fault of Disney for not bringing the monorail to Pop, it's not the fault of those who choose to spend the money to stay at a monorail resort. It was me being laid out with the same options as everybody else and deciding that, in that case, my time isn't worth the cost of the monorail. It's all about choices.

Sure, I could go cheaper and stay offsite and maybe get a better room, but while my time isn't valuable enough to warrant paying for the monorail, it sure is valuable enough to warrant paying for ability to enjoy Disney perks vs having a nicer room. Pop at $120 a night or offsite for $60? 7 days that's $420 for your entire party to enjoy the perks... So in my case, $420 for 2-6 people to get the Disney bubble.

To begrudge Disney in not giving you Deluxe perks when you wish to pay Value prices and to say that it's all part of some grand scheme to make more money... Well... Duh. Of course it's designed to make money. As a business, that's what they do. So you can get a better room at SoG for cheaper, but none of the other perks that people in Disney resorts get... Or you can choose if the perks are worth the price increase, or understand that because you've chosen to make that sacrifice for a better room at a better price, you've decided you'll enjoy fewer perks.

If this was an issue of a Deluxe person paying Deluxe prices and being upset that they're not getting a Deluxe experiences... Well yeah, I get that frustration. But not getting why when you're not paying for the full experience you're not getting the full experience...? Well, the reason for your problem is answered by your question. Or, as we used to say in business school "you get what you pay for."

We are leaving the day after tomorrow (whoop, whoop!) and this post has made me feel much better. Thank you to the OP for the good review and for others for adding their two cents.

We have early risers in our family so we are RD people, and we travel and very slow times. With my kiddos we usually get a TON of rides in early in the morning, and we never pulled a ton of FP-. So I will do as advised and get my FP+ for later in the day when the rides are busier. Honestly, we can get on rides we would never even attempt before FP+, so I think this will work well for us. I agree that the value of our PH tickets has gone down without being able to do FP+ in more than one park. DH and I want to go back to Epcot while the kids stay at the Neverland Club, so I have to sacrifice our MK FP+ so we can have Test Track FP+ that evening. Stinks. I'm kind of secretly hoping something changes in the next two days, lol.

Now fingers crossed that construction at the Poly and the monorail won't be an issue. I'm REALLY trying to stay positive.

If you're leaving tomorrow, I believe Neverland Club is closed...

When we went in Nov, we made 3 FP+ reservations at AK, but only used 2. Before the third expired, we switched it to EPCOT and did that there. Not sure if it was a fluke or not but there you have it.

Again, a high demand place... Of course the line in FL is going to be long. Every line in FL is long. :bitelip:

Where exactly are these kiosks located that didn't have long lines? The place in frontierland is usually fairly crowded, the front of the park is crowded, FL is crowded....there's only 5 kiosk locations in the park with the most rides (when there are 6 in AK and Epcot). I think it's a poor choice on Disney's part to put fewer kiosks in the park with the most FP+ attractions.

But when I stay at Pop and save the money, I don't begrudge those who can roll out of bed and hop the monorail.

Just to be very clear here, nor do I. I'm sorry, but I am quite bothered by the condescending tone of your entire post.

To begrudge Disney in not giving you Deluxe perks when you wish to pay Value prices and to say that it's all part of some grand scheme to make more money...

As to this...FP was never a resort perk. So yes, I can take issue with them taking something that was never a resort perk - something that was free and at an equal level to all who purchased a park ticket - and then essentially making it a resort perk.

I don't have any issue with Disney making money, and have never said anything was part of "some grand scheme to make more money" - please don't put words in my mouth. I do not like that they are *taking something away from those who can't afford Disney prices (and yet continuing to increase those same admission prices, while giving offsite guests LESS access to the rides). If it's all about "getting what you pay for," then where are the lesser priced tickets for those staying offsite who will have less access to the attractions for which their tickets paid?

If they had started off the FP system this way, or changed it when Universal changed theirs (shortly after they implemented it), that would be one thing. It's another to give all guests something included with park admission for over a decade and then turn around and make it something that really only benefits those that stay onsite.

ETA: I also want to add that I wasn't posting SOG prices to indicate what I personally am willing to pay. DH and I are considering staying at Poly with a RunDisney discount in November, if we travel without DD, so it's not about $$.

I was responding specifically to the idea of whether or not it's worth it to spend $60 less on a room offsite...to point out that, for many, it's not just $60. If $60 were the only difference, would I stay onsite? Probably. But it's not just $60. We don't care about DDP or DME...and at shades we get EMH.

So then the questions are Is 3 FP+ worth being cramped into a value resort where DH and I can barely move when there's a PnP in the room? (My brother and SIL stayed at All Star Sports in March, we were in their room for a bit). Is 3 FP+ worth my daughter being cranky all week because she's on top of us in the hotel room and can barely sleep? Is 3 FP+ worth DH and I not being able to relax at the end of the night/get ready for the next day without waking DD? The rooms at shades are large enough to give us this freedom. The sports room we were in was most definitely not. Given how much longer it will take to get to MK from the value resorts, will we even be able to take advantage of morning EMH there, with DD's schedule? (as evening EMH is already not an option). (and yes, MK is the most important park for EMH for us).

There's no point, IMO, to spending thousands on a vacation if certain things are going to make the vacation less flexible/enjoyable...and an overtired toddler is definitely at the top of my "not enjoyable" list.

With the FP system, we didn't have to make those choices because the experience *in the parks, during regular park hours* was equal for everyone. Everyone had the same opportunity to get FPs, regardless of where they slept.

IMO, we all pay the same for park admission and we should all have the same access to the attractions that admission pays for.

Yes, you read right! My DH called me at 3 pm Dec 30th, said pack a bag, and by 4 we were headed on the 24 hour drive to WDW for New Years eve! Called for a room from Atlanta 6:30. Crazy crowded all week, made my FP+ the night before each day, and we had a FABULOUS time!!! Park hopped 2-3 parks each day, bands worked great (Got them at check in) and made 2 changes to FP+ on the fly. 6 nights 7 days, VERY HAPPY!!!

Glad you had a great time! Contrary to popular opinion, FP+ sceptics like me actually DO like to hear the positive reports too! It gives me hope that we may be able to develop a touring plan to overcome what we see as the limitations and downsides of FP+. We've always been RD people, so hopefully, that will continue to be a viable strategy even if we don't use ANY FPs before lunch.

One of the things we discovered was that we liked taking a midday break to go swimming at the resort (especially during the early afternoon when it's hot and the lines are longest). We no longer have little ones who need a nap, but we like cooling off by taking a dip in the pool, being off our feet for a while, and then leisurely heading back to the park for an ADR and then some more rides. The more I ponder FP+, the more I think we will probably schedule for the evening and take our chances having no FPs in the morning, but using RD to mitigate that risk.

Where exactly are these kiosks located that didn't have long lines? The place in frontierland is usually fairly crowded, the front of the park is crowded, FL is crowded....there's only 5 kiosk locations in the park with the most rides (when there are 6 in AK and Epcot). I think it's a poor choice on Disney's part to put fewer kiosks in the park with the most FP+ attractions.

Liberty Square has been reported as empty or with small waits while Fantasyland's goes tons of people deep. Frontierland at opening has been manageable with short waits.

Just to be very clear here, nor do I. I'm sorry, but I am quite bothered by the condescending tone of your entire post.

I'm not trying to be condescending, I'm just pointing out that you say that you want to pay a certain price, which is fine, we all do, so you choose to stay at SoG because you like the location, room size, and access to monorail. But because you've chosen to forgo staying on-site, that means you'll have less entitlements which includes the convenience of pre-selecting your FP+. It doesn't mean the system is broken or doesn't work, it means that you've elected to pay a certain price that allows you to have rooms you find better, a location you find better, and access to a monorail because you value that savings on a good room over having those FP+, DDP, DME perks.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. We all do it. I do it. I've only had two trips where economy and saving money weren't on my mind where I could just buy whatever and spent however much without any sort of limit. The rest of them are about if I want to spend more for a better room, less on the room so I can do DDP, if I want to do on-site and do perks, offsite and skip perks but save money, etc etc.

I put little value on room, a high premium on being close to EPCOT and having good dining. So I go cheap on my room at Pop, perfectly satisfied with two doubles and a view of a dumpster, standing-room only on the bus, all as long as I can get my DDP. Because that's what I choose. My parents, room is their priority along with Disney perks. They want full experience, no waits for anything, best food, monorail, everything. They stay at Poly, get DDP, the whole 9 yards. They want no compromises on experience, and they pay accordingly. From your post, I can tell your focus is best room for best price, location, and transportation, which lands you on SoG. Because that's what you've chosen as your priority, it comes with the loss of certain perks. It means you rent a car or pay for a taxi from the airport, it means you pay OOP for food, it means you can't pre-book your FP+ and have to wait in a park, possibly in line to do it. You've implied you're OK with all but the latter.

However, those facts about the FP+ and how you have to use it differently from actual resort guests doesn't mean the experience doesn't work, that the process is broken, that it's a flawed system, etc etc. It just means that you've chosen something that requires a compromise in the FP+ system, just like I choose to compromise with my room size, setup, location, buses, what have you in order to get what I like. To complain the system is broken because you as a SoG have to stand in line and have a less optimal pick of FP+ times while resort guests get more would be like me complaining that because I didn't choose to pay for Poly, that I can't take a monorail at Pop. It's not the experience I paid for.

As to this...FP was never a resort perk. So yes, I can take issue with them taking something that was never a resort perk - something that was free and at an equal level to all who purchased a park ticket - and then essentially making it a resort perk.

It's still not a resort perk. Anybody can do it. Like before, you show up early, you get the ride you want. In fact, unlike before, show up earlier and get your prime pick of times on any 3 rides. You walk away from that kiosk with 2 more FP's than you got before.

The only perk is the 60 day pre-pick. And never once so far has that perk meant that the guests who show up from off-site at the very start of the day walk up to find that, at the very start of the day, minutes after park opening, there's no FP time at all for their rides of choice. It may mean that by 10 or 11 that they can't get that FP anymore, but that's no different than before, when you had to get your FP for Soarin/TT/TSM/RRC before 11 or you wouldn't get it at all. In fact, people are finding that FP's are opening up later in the day for things like RRC/ToT/Mermaid/Peter/Space/Splash as the standby is shorter than anticipated and/or FPs going unredeemed, an option we never had before as when FP's were gone, they were gone.

I don't have any issue with Disney making money, and have never said anything was part of "some grand scheme to make more money" - please don't put words in my mouth. I do not like that they are *taking something away from those who can't afford Disney prices.

I didn't say you did.

And again, nothing is being taken away... It's now available to everybody. Just with different parameters than for on-site guests.

As for the people who can't afford Disney prices, again, I'm afraid I have little sympathy. If it truly is too expensive for most, Disney will adjust as they have in the past. However, if one chooses a vacation of economy, then they get an experience of economy. Disney is not a charity and is under no obligation to set prices so that all people can afford it. In fact, I'd argue that Disney has always set prices so that they were only available to a set who could afford it, and even then, they provide numerous, numerous options for a cheaper vacation. I can't afford the Poly so I don't begrudge it being expensive, I choose Pop. I know that choice means I'll make sacrifices, but I don't complain that Disney has taken away something from me and given something to somebody willing to pay more... Because in truth, they have taken nothing away. I was the one who chose to pay less and get less, and the person who chose to pay more than me truly does deserve to get more than me. The real injustice would be if it cost more to stay at the Poly than Pop yet the Poly people had nothing to show for it in rooms, perks, or location.

Planning a Disney vacation doesn't entitle you to the best Disney has to offer. Disney, like every other vacation destination in the universe, gives the best to people who pay for it. And with FP+, it's now available to everybody, but for those who pay for the pre-book, they get the pre-book. And those are resort guests.

If they had started off the FP system this way, or changed it when Universal changed theirs (shortly after they implemented it), that would be one thing. It's another to give all guests something included with park admission for over a decade and then turn around and make it something that really only benefits those that stay onsite.

FP+ is to the FP system what the Playstation 4 was to the Playstation 3. It's a new animal based on an old design. This new animal includes a new feature, the option to pre-schedule your FP's, a new perk that, from its inception, from the first day it was rolled out, was and is available only to resort guests. A perk that is built into the cost of their room and is offered only to those who buy that perk.

The portion of this new FP system that most resembles the old system, walk in to the park, go to a ride, get a FP, come back later, ride the ride... That still exists, and it's open to everybody. In fact, its upgraded from picking one ride and then waiting 2ish hours to grab another one, to being able to pick 3 in one whole swoop from one stop at one location... A setup decidedly better than the old process of getting one at at time. That portion is entirely free and open to everybody.

So this isn't just a sudden changing of a system. It's the retiring of a system and creating a new one, a shell of which still exists as was, but a new dimension of it available only to those who've paid. And the retiring of this system, we've known it was coming for 2, even 3 years. Disney didn't spring anything on anybody, bait and switch, or suddenly change the established rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter