Spoodles Dinner Dec 8

Rubbertops

DIS Veteran
Spoodles was the number one meal I had at disney the whole week. (Kids say that Chef Mickey char breakfast was #1)

We (2 adults, 2 kids) had an ADR for 5:50. Arrived at that time and had a five minute wait. We were seated at a large round booth in the front corner. Nice table but we couldn't see much of the restaurant.

Our server was Stephanie. She was pleasant. She asked us if we were on the Plan which we were (our last 4 TS credits).

They gave us the new kids menu. Our kids got chicken noodle soup for appy and pizza for entree. I was happy they had pizza on the menu. They enjoyed thier food.

DH got Mediterranean dips for app. He liked it. I got the garlic lemon shrimp. It was SO de-lish. I was very happy. $10 for 3 shrimp but they were big and tasty.

Stephanie would come by and ask "How does everything taste?" which I thought was a weird thing to ask, but whatever. She did the same for entree and dessert. I used to be a server and would ask, "How is everything?" "Can I get you anything?" I don't think in all the years I was a waitress I ever asked "How does it taste?" Is it just me? Oh well... No biggy.

DH and I got the NY strip med rare, sauce on the side. It was very good. The sweet potato fries were also good. I wasn't sure I would like them, so I was pleasantly surprised.

For dessert the kids got make-your-own kids sundaes with chocolate ice cream. They were happy. I got creme brulee which was very good but I am not sure why they add the biscotti. I tried a bite and tossed the rest so I could appreciate the fab creme brulee. DH had choc-apricot-pistachio cake with rasp gelato. It was nice.

There was some sort of entertainment going on in the restaurant at one point - a guy balancing some glasses? I am not quite sure - we didn't really see. After dinner, we wanted to explore the boardwalk but it was so cold that night (last Friday) that we went back to the resort.

Anyway. We really liked the food, atmosphere and service. I would recommend this reataurant to anyone.

Oh - I just want to mention that parking was a drag. The valet area was congested and we ended up self parking in a lot far-far away and it was a pain in the butt.

Thanks for the review. That is strange that she would ask how your food tastes. Can't say I've gotten that before.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

We love Spoodles and have eaten there every trip since they opened. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I've been asked often how food taste in restaurants. Just the other night, I was asked in our favorite Thai place. I think it's a nice question. :)

Spoodles is now a must do place for us. We were seated in the area where the balancing act guy was and he was so entertaining. We stayed at BWI and wished we could have done Spoodles again and again. We did do breakfast there also - VERY GOOD!! :thumbsup2

I love the Mediterranean dips! We've tried to recreate the feta dip at home, and just about have it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter