• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spooky levels of personal service -- how do they do it?

On our last cruise my wife bought one drink up at one of the pools, that was all. Four days later we were in the theater and the same cast member was selling drinks down there and said hello to my wife by name. So with one interaction the cast member had remembered her name, spooky.

They are scary awesome , my last cruise on the Dream my room steward remembered from 6 years ago when I only saw him on the last day. I saw the assistant steward daily.

If I'm honest, I think a lot of it comes with the job, especially for your every day CM. Sure your manager could probably look up guests for you, but even for them the info is only for that cruise it would take a lot of effort for past cruises, and again, if I'm honest, they have a lot more important things to do.

I've remembered many guests and conversations we've had, years and different ships later without seeing these magical files you talk about.

Reading these warm stories makes me tear up and very excited about my upcoming cruise. I wish I could afford to go more often!

I think it's just the amazing CMs. We've had Youth Activities staff remember our children's names from prior cruises the first time we walk up to the club. In Alaska, we met the most wonderful CM on the first day who was so incredibly kind in helping us with safe food for our food-allergic son. As it turns out, we learned a couple days later that wonderful CM was the head chef at Palo. We recently cruised the Baltic, two years later, and Chef Matteo recognized us, came up to us, and thanked us for writing so kindly about him on our comment card!

Did you have two room stewards? We always have had only one.

Concierge *always* has two stewards. There's a main steward, whom you see all the time, but if you pay attention you'll notice there is a secondary, assistant steward. We always make sure to get to know their name, thank them throughout the trip, and tip them at the end of the cruise, even though they aren't even acknowledged on your gratuity sheet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter