Spooky Scary Skeletons.... and maybe a Mouse or two. (October 2017 PTR!)

HipsterPeterPan

The Most Hipster Peter Pan.
Hey, all! My name is Hipster Peter Pan, or you can call me HPP! I prefer not to put my name out on the forum, if that's alright.

Anyway, this is my first PTR! The trip will be myself and my mother, and we will be boarding our dog, Mercury (pluto:).

Cast of Characters:
Updated as needed!

I suppose the first update to this thread should be when and where right? I've really never done one of these before, and some more information will soon be able to be found on my new Tumblr, specifically for this! (Link in the words!)

Right, into the actual content!

Hi! I'm HPP, and as I write this I'm listening to the soundtrack of Princess and the Frog because I am, yes, trash. My mother and I hail from Central Texas, and while she is slightly conservative/wears a lot of simple things, I am the total opposite. I do enjoy a lot of black clothing, as I was an "emo" kid back in 2004, and I'm called Rainbow at work because of my ever-changing hair. It is currently red and will be so when we visit Florida. Usually, we'd go to Universal as well, but I'm so hyped up for this already that I don't know if I could handle some serious Potterhead nerding out as well!

Time for the facts about me, I suppose!

I'll be 26 during our visit, as I'm a July baby. I don't really.... have a gender? I know that's controversial, especially around where I live and with Disney being the TOPIC of all these boards, but it's the truth. I'd prefer to be called "They" or "HPP" if at all possible. That said, I work in a disgusting call centre (Yes, I spell the British way) for a pair of big-name chain stores (one a mall staple, one a "discount" store) that are currently tanking hard.

My favourite Disney movie is Beauty and the Beast, yes, both versions. I saw so much of Hermione in Emma's Belle that my inner Harry Potter dork was thoroughly pleased, and enough of Belle from her role that I didn't feel like they just shoved Ms. Granger (Or is it Mrs. Weasley?) into A Whole New World. (Whoops, wrong movie!)

My favourite characters are Peter Pan, Simba, Figment (My not-a-dragon baby), Belle, and surprisingly to a lot of people who know me, Dr. Facilier. I think it's the voodoo that gets my l'il Southern heart.

I don't know that I have a favourite food or dessert in the parks, as my excitement and anxiety make it very hard to focus on food.
Mother facts.... she won't let me post that on this board. Or anywhere. Ever.
WHERE: Port Orleans French Quarter.
WHEN: October 27 to November 2, with a MNSSHP on October 29.

A quick work update while I'm between calls!

I'm setting ADR's up at the end of the month, once I'm inside 180 days. We'll be doing Chef Mickey's as we always do for breakfast/brunch, and I'm tossing a few others around to no real response. I'm more excited for FP+s to hit, and I can't wait to nab those! I already know what I want to grab.

That said, I have a few firsts on this trip!

• My first time trying beignets
  • My first stay at a hotel that isn't one of the All-Stars
  • And my first ride on Haunted Mansion, Test Track, and Space Mountain!

A Wild Update Appeared From The Tall Grass!

Was that not funny?

No?

Okay, okay....

WE GOT MICKEY MAIL!
Mom got the mail while I was on the way home from work this afternoon, and surprise! Our MNSSHP tickets were inside, and one even matched my planned costume almost perfectly!
So now, we're just waiting for our double-digit mark and our FP+ days!

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

We have a PTR incoming for NEXT OCTOBER, ALREADY. My best friend (not on the DIS) and I are going for her very first trip next October! I'm already harassing her and planning, and she's smacked me (virtually) a few times already. "HPP, cut it out."

She's known me long enough to know that no. No, I will not cut it out.

I decided to do two costumes, Peter for our party night and Figment for our day in Epcot! Figment costume photos incoming when I get home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter