Sports/Boardwalk/Art of Animation Suite?

nikki7680

Mouseketeer
Hello! My family is planning our 10th trip to Disney so we are familiar with pretty much everything! My dilemma is this: we want to possibly take 2 vacations this year so we were trying to do Disney a bit cheaper than usual. We were all set on All Star Sports to save the cash. But, we are used to Deluxe resorts and I'm afraid we just won't be comfortable at Sports. We have the choice between AoA Suite ($680 more) or Boardwalk ($1055).

Anyone out there used to staying at a Deluxe and tried a Value? What were your experiences?

I know that Sports will be clean and nice. I'm just afraid we will feel cramped (my boys are 12 and almost 9). We are going the last week of March.

Thank you in advance!

Yes, almost exclusively stayed deluxe (with a few mods mixed in) and tried an AoA suite the first year it opened. We will not be back. We had more space, but the beds were so uncomfortable and the resort was so loud, it just wasn't worth it to us. We also could not stand the food court. It was always, always packed.

If you want to save some money, why not consider a mod? We had a very nice experience at POR. We have also stayed Swan/Dolphin twice to save money over a deluxe. If you get a good discount, they can price out at the mod level and they are both great resorts in an excellent location. For the best discounts, go directly to the Swan/Dolphin website.

Hello! My family is planning our 10th trip to Disney so we are familiar with pretty much everything! My dilemma is this: we want to possibly take 2 vacations this year so we were trying to do Disney a bit cheaper than usual. We were all set on All Star Sports to save the cash. But, we are used to Deluxe resorts and I'm afraid we just won't be comfortable at Sports. We have the choice between AoA Suite ($680 more) or Boardwalk ($1055).

Anyone out there used to staying at a Deluxe and tried a Value? What were your experiences?

I know that Sports will be clean and nice. I'm just afraid we will feel cramped (my boys are 12 and almost 9). We are going the last week of March.

Thank you in advance!

I'll come from the opposite perspective. We usually stay at a value, and last time we spent part of our trip in a Deluxe, and I didn't think it was worth all the extra money for the Deluxe. I guess it depends on how much time you plan to spend in your room. For us, the room is nothing more than a place to drop our stuff, sleep and shower.

The major drawback you will find between a value and a deluxe is the full size beds vs. the queen size beds. And at AOA you'll have an extra bathroom, I think. Personally, I'd stay in a value and enjoy a second vacation more than being in a fancier room.

Have you priced a suite at ASMu? It usually is cheaper than a suite at AoA. Parents get their own space and kids get theirs! It might be worth a look!

I do agree with the above posters. If you are not spending a lot of time in the room, a value room would be fine.

We have three kids (19, 16, and 10). The older my kids get, the more they enjoy their "own" space!

Happy Planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter