Sports: Deflate-Gate

Haven't you ever heard "if you aren't cheating, you aren't trying"?

Every team cheats, in every sport.

All baseball teams steal signs, many pitchers use pinetar on balls, in hockey, many players use illegal curves on their sticks, and have "3rd period sticks" that have legal curves in-case the other team asks for them to be checked.

It's only because the Pats win. A media member said over the weekend the country is jealous of the Patriots, because the NFL is the king of sports leagues and the Patriots are the kings of the NFL. He also said that is today's society no one believes they or their teams lose, because the other team was better, it's either because they were cheated by the refs or that the winning team cheated. It really is mind boggling.

Fair point, but we're supposed to have this thing called good sportsmanship. You're not supposed to act in bad-faith in a sporting event. Both teams know the rules and are expected to follow them. One team taking advantage of something that is supposed to be 'on-their-honor' is pretty dishonorable. Sports have no true purpose other than being a place to show character and strength. I guess Tom showed his character in this situation.

This is so true. However, in this case, what do you call it when other QB's have come out and said everyone is doing it? I put a lot more faith in what actual QB's say about this issue than what any one on this thread has to say -sorry, no offense.

The NFL is the new WWE.

You have a rule on the books that is never enforced -then in a random playoff game you wake up one morning and say today, in only this one game, we're going to enforce it ...without letting anyone know( except maybe the colts). That is my problem with the whole thing.

This is so true. However, in this case, what do you call it when other QB's have come out and said everyone is doing it? I put a lot more faith in what actual QB's say about this issue than what any one on this thread has to say -sorry, no offense.

The NFL is the new WWE.

You have a rule on the books that is never enforced -then in a random playoff game you wake up one morning and say today, in only this one game, we're going to enforce it ...without letting anyone know( except maybe the colts). That is my problem with the whole thing.

Rumor has it the Raven's are the one's that tipped off the Colt's to be sure they complied as they are the ones who filed a complaint to the league, after the whole fake play of eligible/ineligible player they (Raven's) got burnt on and Brady said in the post game interview that Harbaugh should learn the rules...

Reactions: GAN
Rumor has it the Raven's are the one's that tipped off the Colt's to be sure they complied as they are the ones who filed a complaint to the league, after the whole fake play of eligible/ineligible player they (Raven's) got burnt on and Brady said in the post game interview that Harbaugh should learn the rules...

EXACTLY -and that's what this all about. If anyone thinks that this is just a coincidence they are kidding themselves.

I say, go ahead, suspend him ...but im confident no one knows the rules any better than Belichick and I would be shocked if there isn't a plan B already in motion. The NFL will be opening up a huge hornets nest. Which will create even more embarrassment to go along with the murders, rapes, and beatings that they're trying to cover up.

In fact, there probably isn't a better coach to handle a situation like this. What many other fans don't realize is that players don't matter to Belichick ...they are simply plug and play. Sure, can you equally replace a Hall of Fame QB with a rookie sitting on the bench -No. But you can expect results close because of the way the system is designed. So you miss 6 games and you end up 4-2, rather than maybe 5-1 ...not the end of the world. But you are in a position to win games -no matter who you put a uniform on.

Last edited:

FOX just reported 4 game suspension and loss of 1st round draft pick next year.

It's loss of 1st in '16 and a 4th in '17, plus a Million dollar fine for the organization. 4 games for Brady which will probably be reduced unless Brady or the Pats fight it.

It's loss of 1st in '16 and a 4th in '17, plus a Million dollar fine for the organization. 4 games for Brady which will probably be reduced unless Brady or the Pats fight it.

I was watching The Five and they didn't go into that much depth as it was just reported. I'm surprised by the fine.

I think the fine and draft picks are pretty excessive since even the biased Wells report said Kraft and Belichick were completely cleared.

Tom Brady's legacy will always be cheater.

This is a legitimate question, what about the other quarterbacks that have come forward and said they do they same thing or that they inflate the balls over the limit? Do you think their legacy will be as a cheater?

This is a legitimate question, what about the other quarterbacks that have come forward and said they do they same thing or that they inflate the balls over the limit? Do you think their legacy will be as a cheater?

Sure -why wouldn't they be?

If and when they are caught and punished by the league. Until then, no.

Casting dirt at others does not make Brady any less of a cheater.

Phew, all I can say is that I am glad the Broncos no longer hold the record for the largest fine in the league's history. That legacy now belongs to the Pats.

As for Brady, his legacy will go down as a cheater because of his arrogance.

It is precisely because the other QB's will openly admit they would do the same thing that will save their legacy. Brady's arrogance that prevents him from ever admitting he did anything is what makes people dislike him so much and will cause people to remember him as a cheater and not the QB's who have no qualms admitting they cheat. And it is not because anybody is jealous of Brady as Disney Ron keeps trying to insist on.

Everybody knows that everybody does it. Doesn't mean it is right. People don't like cheaters, but if somebody admits they are a cheater, it kind of just proves everybody does it. So, the ones who admit it, well, people are resigned to the fact so that is not news, thus forgettable and not a ding on their legacy (note: not reputation.) The fact that Brady is so arrogant, he cannot admit he cheats just like the rest of the league even when proven is what will seal his legacy as a cheater. It is not the act of cheating, but his arrogance that he is better than everybody else and would "never" stoop to that level.

Last edited:
If and when they are caught and punished by the league. Until then, no.

Casting dirt at others does not make Brady any less of a cheater.

I'm not casting dirt, these people have come out in the media and admitted it themselves. Like Brad Johnson who admitted to paying someone $7500 to doctor Super Bowl balls. I'm not saying that it makes anyone less of a cheater, but I feel that everyone who partakes in things like this should all get the same treatment in the court of public opinion.

Sure -why wouldn't they be?

Agreed, which was my point. I think it is silly if someone says Brady is a cheater but gives a pass to others who do it.

See asta's reply to me that stated if and when they are caught and punished by the league. My point was that some people have come out and out right admitted to doing the same thing yet they are given a pass because they were not "caught and punished by the league."

I'm not casting dirt, these people have come out in the media and admitted it themselves. Like Brad Johnson who admitted to paying someone $7500 to doctor Super Bowl balls. I'm not saying that it makes anyone less of a cheater, but I feel that everyone who partakes in things like this should all get the same treatment in the court of public opinion.
Most of the general public does not have time to investigate the claims toward other players. That is why the verdict by the league is so important. For right now Brady is the only one being punished. That goes further than the other claims.

At least we seem to agree Brady is a cheater.

Over the limit? Nope, because most people realize an overinflated football is not an advantage. Have you ever tried to catch a rock hard football?

"If you cheat on the practice field, you'll cheat in the game. And if you cheat in the game, you'll cheat the rest of your life."
--Vince Lombardi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter