Spreadsheet planning for utilizing dining plan

xtinelizabeth

Earning My Ears
Hi everybody! This will be my first time at Disney and if you're interested, you can all the details catch my pre-trip planning here

https://www.disboards.com/threads/pre-trip-report-for-february-2019.3668379/#post-58902622

BUT narrowing things down specifically for dining. My sister and I are planning a joint trip to the World for our two families. Her family of 5, 3 kids. For dining purposes, and because of the age of her oldest, they are 3 adults, 1 almost 3 year old at the time of travel and 1 year old.

My half consists of myself, DH, and my two kids who will be 5 and 1 at the time of travel. We will also be bringing our mom as a surprise gift for her.

We liked the idea of the dining plan, but couldn't justify the costs of it per family, especially since we are Canadian. We also REALLY wanted to do at least 3 character dinings, which would probably cost each of us roughly 150 out of pocket per meal. We came up with the idea of just myself purchasing the dining plan 3 adults, 1 child and then splitting the cost and credits with her family. We'll be on resort for 5 days/ 4 nights. We plan to supplement with groceries so we can eat breakfast in our rooms and pack lighter lunches like snacks, fruits and veggies.

I've compiled a spreadsheet that I think would best utilize our credits. If you guys wouldn't mind taking a look at it, see if my math adds up in terms of credits. My sister and I are both pretty positive that this will definitely save us money, at the very least we will break even. I highly doubt we will lose any money but a fresh set of eyes couldn't hurt.

Charlie is my 5 year old. Zoey is her just turned 2 year old and we have two infant babies who will be 1. Her 13 year old is considered an adult.

I should also add that both our hubbies are casual drinkers, so they will 100% utilize the option of an alcoholic beverage. I will probably indulge in a glass of wine or two as well. Any tips, advice and experience with the dining plan would be much appreciated. whatever you can share with me would be great!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iH52zriQgSnf9M220KRDvR0shLtX5fqJtRNgLLi-AeU/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Which dining plan are you considering opting in on: quick service, regular, or deluxe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter