Spring 2012 Hopeful!

I wish because it would mean I was there!! and applying for spring EEP! August is going to be crazy :)

How is everyone preparing for the dreaded interview? Gah, I'm terrified of the web interview because if I fail that...it's over :scared:

How is everyone preparing for the dreaded interview? Gah, I'm terrified of the web interview because if I fail that...it's over :scared:

i have been going on vlogs on youtube and on the disboards and if i find any questions that they have asked i wrote them down in a Word Document =] i am now up to 6 pages and i still need to answer each one of them. and for the web interview im gonna ask my friend (who doesnt want to go) if she would sign up for it but then i take the web interview for her. just so i can practice taking it and see if i will actually make it.

Web interview is just a game really. You learn how to answer the questions right and you're good to go. It's not that it's hard its a consistency thing. People don't realize they are answering the same question 2 different ways...if that makes sense haha.

Edit: But Ericas plan isn't a bad one if you've never seen it or taken it before.

Web interview is just a game really. You learn how to answer the questions right and you're good to go. It's not that it's hard its a consistency thing. People don't realize they are answering the same question 2 different ways...if that makes sense haha.

Edit: But Ericas plan isn't a bad one if you've never seen it or taken it before.

That does make sense actually. I think we've talked about this in my psychology class once. So bleh. I think I'm freaking out because I applied for a job online once in the same-ish format and I didn't get the job the first time. I don't know if it was because of my web interview or if they weren't hiring. Hopefully I'll be good this time. :]

And that's a good plan Erica! A heads of on the web interview sounds like a really good idea.

That does make sense actually. I think we've talked about this in my psychology class once. So bleh. I think I'm freaking out because I applied for a job online once in the same-ish format and I didn't get the job the first time. I don't know if it was because of my web interview or if they weren't hiring. Hopefully I'll be good this time. :]

And that's a good plan Erica! A heads of on the web interview sounds like a really good idea.

You're def. just worried about it because it makes or breaks you...which in my opinion kind of isn't fair but it's Disney rules. (Fairly new actually) So we have to do it. I've taken it 2 times and gotten through it easily. Confidence is a good thing to have when you take it. Just be confident in your answers and think of them from a business stand point and you should be fine.:thumbsup2

That sounds like a good plan, Erica.

We were actually talking about companies using these types of interviews/tests for hiring in my Psychology of Leadership class and were discussing if we felt it was fair/unfair etc.

That sounds like a good plan, Erica.

We were actually talking about companies using these types of interviews/tests for hiring in my Psychology of Leadership class and were discussing if we felt it was fair/unfair etc.

I personally don't like it or online interviews of any sort. Getting to know someone and their nature isn't something you can do with a series of button clicking. But at the sametime I understand where the business comes from as it's way cheaper to have a web interview to weed out those who don't fit the criteria on paper. Saves them money as they only have to pay for people to interview 8000 instead of 10000. (Numbers are just examples not actual numbers!):wizard::wizard:

I personally don't like it or online interviews of any sort. Getting to know someone and their nature isn't something you can do with a series of button clicking. But at the sametime I understand where the business comes from as it's way cheaper to have a web interview to weed out those who don't fit the criteria on paper. Saves them money as they only have to pay for people to interview 8000 instead of 10000. (Numbers are just examples not actual numbers!):wizard::wizard:

I agree. The article we had to read for class/discussed talked about how the companies that use web-based interviews for first round use it because they know exactly what time of employee they are looking for, so having a personality type interview works well for that business.

The WBI is what scares me to death. I'm so afraid of messing up.

I agree. The article we had to read for class/discussed talked about how the companies that use web-based interviews for first round use it because they know exactly what time of employee they are looking for, so having a personality type interview works well for that business.

The WBI is what scares me to death. I'm so afraid of messing up.

just make sure to be constant with your answers and you answer strongly agree or strongly disagree

Yes right after you submit the web based interview it well tell you either you passed and can schedule your phone interview or that you failed.

Yeah the WBI is actually one of the few things thats not a waiting game. You have to wait for so long to apply but then you do the app and WBI back to back and if you apply the first day you can even get your phone interview the next day! :O That's what I'm hoping to do I want to be the first one accepted! :)

I'm super, super nervous for the WBI! I seriously think about it way too much. I'm not worried about the phone interview at all, just that I won't get that far. But hopefully answering truthfully yet using the "stronglys" will help me pass.
I seriously can't wait for August! Applying for the CP is constantly on my mind. And it turns out I'm not going to WDW in late August, around application time, I'm going to Universal. But the inspiration will definitely still be there :)

I was super nervous for the WBI too! But then I took other people's advice to act like you're applying for fall just to do a practice of the WBI and I passed and it didn't make it seem like such a big deal anymore! If you are really worrying about it I would suggest doing this because it helped me a lot!

I'm super, super nervous for the WBI! I seriously think about it way too much. I'm not worried about the phone interview at all, just that I won't get that far. But hopefully answering truthfully yet using the "stronglys" will help me pass.
I seriously can't wait for August! Applying for the CP is constantly on my mind. And it turns out I'm not going to WDW in late August, around application time, I'm going to Universal. But the inspiration will definitely still be there :)

Just being in Orlando period when the apps come out would be magical honestly!:thumbsup2

I always try to think positive, so for both interviews I'm saying to myself "you're going to pass! You're going to get in!" so that I become less nervous.

I actually talked to my mom about the CP, and she is more worried that I will become stressed out from working and doing classes (she thinks just working is a waste of time, so I told her you can take classes and I want to do them). I think for wanting to work for Disney so long, I don't think stress is going to be a problem. What about you guys?

Do you guys know what Spring season you want to do? I want to do Spring Advantage, but I'm scared that school might start before the program ends, so I'm thinking of just doing normal Spring.

I always try to think positive, so for both interviews I'm saying to myself "you're going to pass! You're going to get in!" so that I become less nervous.

I actually talked to my mom about the CP, and she is more worried that I will become stressed out from working and doing classes (she thinks just working is a waste of time, so I told her you can take classes and I want to do them). I think for wanting to work for Disney so long, I don't think stress is going to be a problem. What about you guys?

Do you guys know what Spring season you want to do? I want to do Spring Advantage, but I'm scared that school might start before the program ends, so I'm thinking of just doing normal Spring.

i really want to do Spring Advantage, i want to be there for as long as i can =]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter