• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spring 2012 Hopeful!

I am!
But things have been crazy around here so I have not been posting much.
I am getting so excited though!
I cannot believe that we are the next program to apply!!

the days are going by so fast! It still feels like we just started the new year and yet we are reaching April! In a blink of an eye it's going to be August ahhhh!

I'm so excited, guys!

Today I had lunch with one of the RLCs at my school (basically the RA's boss). He did a CP when he was in college and is now seasonal. It was so, so cool getting to talk to someone who actually did the program.

He told me all about what he liked, didn't like...about the classes, scheduling, etc.

He's actually going down this weekend to work a shift!

I'm so excited, guys!

Today I had lunch with one of the RLCs at my school (basically the RA's boss). He did a CP when he was in college and is now seasonal. It was so, so cool getting to talk to someone who actually did the program.

He told me all about what he liked, didn't like...about the classes, scheduling, etc.

He's actually going down this weekend to work a shift!

That is so cool. One of my sister's friends, who is also my friend, did the CP last year for Fall. She worked at the haunted mansion and she loved it. Even today she still misses her new friends and working there. She told me that she really want to do the CP again, but want to catch up on getting classes done in order to graduate. She made me more excited about doing it. I can't wait! :dance3:

the days are going by so fast! It still feels like we just started the new year and yet we are reaching April! In a blink of an eye it's going to be August ahhhh!

I agree with this 1 million percent. I can't believe April fools day is tomorrow!I could've just said April 1st haha but still I'm going down at the end of May then get through June and July which will be fun and easy. Class starts mid august as do apps! Then hopefully we'll all be prepping to go down there!!!

Pixie dust for us!:wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard::wizard:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

I guess I am a hopeful also. I'm planning on studying abroad in England Spring 2012, but my mom isn't too keen on the idea. If she says no I plan to do the college program.
My name is Ashley by the way!

That is so cool. One of my sister's friends, who is also my friend, did the CP last year for Fall. She worked at the haunted mansion and she loved it. Even today she still misses her new friends and working there. She told me that she really want to do the CP again, but want to catch up on getting classes done in order to graduate. She made me more excited about doing it. I can't wait! :dance3:

Yup, it was awesome!

He told me he recommends everyone doing the program, regardless of career plans. He said he wished he could get every student on campus to do the program.

I'm hoping to do Spring Advantage, 2012! I'm so excited! My top three roles (I think) are
1. Character Performer
2. Character Attendant
3. Attractions

I just wish we could go ahead and apply! I would love for it to be set in stone already :)

Can we apply for the spring 2012 semester now? I applied and going to schedule my phone interview soon. Or will they not let me now? And when is the right time? I thought I heard some people saying they have already applied for the Spring 2012 semester.

Can we apply for the spring 2012 semester now? I applied and going to schedule my phone interview soon. Or will they not let me now? And when is the right time? I thought I heard some people saying they have already applied for the Spring 2012 semester.

Nope, can't apply until sometime in August. I believe they're still taking applications for the Fall 2012 program, but Spring 2012 won't be available for a few months.

I took the web-based interview. I'm pretty sure it didn't ask or say what season or year I wanted. But it said I was a strong candidate. Hmm.. I'll call the number they gave me and see what they say. :upsidedow

I registered for classes last week and am officially graduating in December and hopefully doing the program in the spring! SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!
Time is going by too fast though.
I wish it would slow down though so I could enjoy all the great things that are happening right now!
I also don't want things to go this fast during my disney semester!

I took the web-based interview. I'm pretty sure it didn't ask or say what season or year I wanted. But it said I was a strong candidate. Hmm.. I'll call the number they gave me and see what they say. :upsidedow

You just applied for Fall 2011. Disney won't start recruiting for Spring 2012 until Aug.

I'm planning to apply for spring 2012, & hopefully get hospitality or concierge (my major is hotel management, so it would count as the internship I need to graduate.) I've done the program twice before, both times in costuming at DHS. Career Start fall 2008, extended through Spring 2009 & Fall 2010. If you have any questions about the program, let me know.

I can't believe how close we're getting guys!

Two more weeks left of school for me, then working over the summer and my Disney trip in July, then starting at a new college in August, and by that point apps should be up!

GAH!!!! I'm so excited to apply, I just want it to be August!! (Ironically, this would mean I want my summer vacation to speed by, but I don't really care! haha)

I am SOOO excited for August!! I check the facebook group everyday, I don't really even know why. It just makes me happy! In the midst of all the people from my college and high school on facebook, just looking at it understandably makes my day brighter :)

And since I just registered for fall classes, the subject of the CP has been coming up a lot with advisors and classmates and friends. I've got nothing but positive feedback about it, which is great, and some great stories from people who know former CPs who absolutely loved it.

I'm getting so excited!

I've got a job lined up back home specifically to save up money to take down with me.

Ideally, I'd like to have 700-800 dollars to take down with me, so that I can actually come home with money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter