Spring Break 2017

Dave Dizney

<font color=blue>Super-Duper organized Ultimate Di
Quick trip report from our stay March 12-18.

Participants: Me, wife, Adult Son, Daughter-in-law, Granddaughter (6), and Grandson (1.5)
Resort: All Star Music
Plan: 5-day hopper, Meal Plan, Memory-Maker Photo plan, one person with DAS
Main Dinners: Ohana, Boma, Akershus, San Angel Inn, Whispering Canyons

Good Points:
  • All Star Music Resort is cheap, but pretty at night. Runs efficiently. Since all we do is sleep there (though truth be told, we did eat one meal in the food court, shop in the store, and swam once) I find that the budget resorts are really fine for our needs. We asked for two connected rooms and got them. We asked for a pack-and-play and got one. They were quick and responsive when the little one left us a "gift" as he was being changed on our bed!
  • The parks still look good - especially Epcot during the Flower and Garden season.
  • Ohana and Boma are still top-notch as far as we're concerned. They deliver quality food and atmosphere year after year.
  • Most cast members are just top notch. Since my daughter was one once, I measure their performance on hers. Still good show.
  • The meal plan that includes the refillable mugs was appreciated. Two snacks were a bit much when the weather is cool, but we cashed in on the last day for snacks on the way home.
  • We had a difficult situation happen and a cast member found out about in and went out of their way to ensure we were treated like royalty. Those little things mean a lot!
  • My grandkids are the best. They have already bought into the Disney cult now!
Not-So-Good Points:
  • I hate to say it, but we had our first bad experience at Whispering Canyons. For some reason, we were seated in this "back" area that only has 4 or 5 tables. I expected we'd still be included in the fun of the main seating area, but it was like we had been placed in "time out." The waiter was over-booked, and took a lot of time to come to our table, get our drinks, and when he didn't come back with our desserts after 15 minutes, we just left (we had already been charged for the meal plan). Make sure you don't get seated there - we've been a dozen times and never even seen this part of the restaurant.
  • The gamble of the "rolling Spring Break" has sometimes worked for us. This year it did not. This week every park was slammed. It seemed to take the staff by surprise in places. Was it not for the Fast Passes and careful planning, I would have been overwhelmed by the crowds.
  • San Angel Inn - I'm taking this one off my list. We were seated 20 minutes after we checked in, and then waited for another 15 minutes before we flagged down a waiter to say we hadn't met our waiter yet. The mole is still good - but it just wasn't up to my memory of the place.
  • The weather - come on Disney, I paid good money in Spring to come to Florida, and the whole week was colder than where we live in Missouri! Once you fix this, I'll be happy! ;)
Another one for the vault! Happy Disneying!

Thank you for this report, is helpful for what to expect the same week in 2018.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter