• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spring Break and Food & Wine Fest

kittyklawz

Mouseketeer
We are going for a week March 18-23rd and trying to decide between 4 or 5 days and if we should do park hopper or not. We will not be getting genie+ because my kids have DAS and we didn't end up using it besides for the photos last time so figured we will save money by skipping it.

We are going for a week March 18-23rd and trying to decide between 4 or 5 days and if we should do park hopper or not. We will not be getting genie+ because my kids have DAS and we didn't end up using it besides for the photos last time so figured we will save money by skipping it.
Your title mentions the festival. Did you mention it because you want to attend or because you are worried about crowds? Based on the Magic Key block out dates, Disney is anticipating larger crowds from March 23-31

The festival is in DCA which draws a lot of local, Magic Key holders away from DL. Food booths open around 10:30. The lines for festival food are long for the first hour or two.

Park Hoppers is nice for flexibility, for dining, and for shows.

I would definitely do 5 days and a hopper. You'll have more flexibility and can take your time to enjoy things.

Your title mentions the festival. Did you mention it because you want to attend or because you are worried about crowds? Based on the Magic Key block out dates, Disney is anticipating larger crowds from March 23-31

The festival is in DCA which draws a lot of local, Magic Key holders away from DL. Food booths open around 10:30. The lines for festival food are long for the first hour or two.

Park Hoppers is nice for flexibility, for dining, and for shows.

I want to try some of the food at the festival. Not any of the special classes you have to buy tickets for just the specialty foods & drinks they have at the booths. And I think my kids will want to go on a few rides over there. you think Disneyland won’t be as crazy as it was during Halloween? Im prepared to deal with crowds but hoping it won’t be quite as crazy. At least the weather will be more tolerable lol.

you think Disneyland won’t be as crazy as it was during Halloween? Im prepared to deal with crowds but hoping it won’t be quite as crazy. At least the weather will be more tolerable lol.

Halloween is the craziest time of year. No contest. Spring feels like a breeze compared to Halloween. You'll be just fine, I think.

Halloween is the craziest time of year. No contest. Spring feels like a breeze compared to Halloween. You'll be just fine, I think.
That’s what I am hoping 😂 I think just the weather not being so hot will help a ton. Do you think we should each get one of those sip & savor passes or can we just share one? 2 adults and 2 little kids but they are kind of picky eaters so idk if they will eat any of the special foods.

That’s what I am hoping 😂 I think just the weather not being so hot will help a ton. Do you think we should each get one of those sip & savor passes or can we just share one? 2 adults and 2 little kids but they are kind of picky eaters so idk if they will eat any of the special foods.

Share one. And then if you feel you need a second one, you can always buy another one later. Like @LKing said, picky kids are unlikely to want much from the booths. It's very geared towards adult palates.

Have they put out a list of booths yet for Food and Wine festival? We are going the same week. We normally go to WDW and Epcot usually puts out a list of booths and menus way ahead of time, but I haven’t been able to find anything like that yet for DCA.

Have they put out a list of booths yet for Food and Wine festival? We are going the same week. We normally go to WDW and Epcot usually puts out a list of booths and menus way ahead of time, but I haven’t been able to find anything like that yet for DCA.

They released last year's menus at the end of February, so I would expect it about that same time again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter