Spring Break - Help?

disneyinthespringtime

Mouseketeer
We are FINALLY going to Universal in 1.5 weeks (!!! :cool1:) Never been and trying to finalize our plans. Hoping those that have been over spring break before might be able to shed some light...

1. Trying to eat at 10:45 at Leaky Cauldron and at 3 Broomsticks (Sun & Mon respectively) - is this reasonable to expect as possible?
2. Thinking to do Fast Food Blvd about 5 - 5:45ish on Sun for supper. Would try to Mobile order if we can. Again, is this reasonable or will lines be insane then?

Any other spring break specific tips? We do have EP

We are FINALLY going to Universal in 1.5 weeks (!!! :cool1:) Never been and trying to finalize our plans. Hoping those that have been over spring break before might be able to shed some light...

1. Trying to eat at 10:45 at Leaky Cauldron and at 3 Broomsticks (Sun & Mon respectively) - is this reasonable to expect as possible?
2. Thinking to do Fast Food Blvd about 5 - 5:45ish on Sun for supper. Would try to Mobile order if we can. Again, is this reasonable or will lines be insane then?

Any other spring break specific tips? We do have EP

On March 17, we entered Leaky Cauldron at 10:15 and placed our order right away. We were done eating well before 11:00.

On March 18, we got into a long line at Three Broomsticks at 10:07, and we finally had our food at 10:55.

Don't know how typical this is, but for us Three Broomsticks was far more crowded than Leaky Cauldron.

We always try to eat at 'off times' at theme parks, so the earlier the better. we were also there week before last, and it was BUSY! I think eating at or just before 5 will be a lot better than waiting until later. may still have some wait, but there's also the Mardi Gras food booths in that Fast food area, and they were not very crowded. Haven't done HP restaurants in a while. the HP areas in general were VERY busy. Not sure when the switchover is from breakfast to lunch. I thought one needed some sort of pre-planning for Three Broomsticks breakfasts (not lunch/supper), but really not sure about that. but as early as possible would likely be the best bet. Florian's had long lines, but it moves along well. We got all of our butter beer in Diagon. Lines were long for that midday in Hogsmeade. We often try to eat as soon as places open for lunch, either 10:30 or 11:00, and can usually beat the crowds.
Have a great trip!! It'll be so fun!

Sitting in the leaky cauldron rn - it’s 8:30 - it’s just us and maybe 4 other tables. No lines. No mobile ordering needed. We did mobile last July and it was ok but this went much faster. I think if you go to the breakfast places early you can get in, take pics, eat relaxed and have the place to yourself almost.

We just got back on Sunday, and hit both as soon as they started serving lunch at 10:30. We didn't have to wait long, but by the time we were finished eating the crowd waiting to order was massive.

ETA we loved both places, and while there were a few duplicates in menu items, it's not the same menu, and each is a different experience altogether. :cloud9:

We just got back on Sunday, and hit both as soon as they started serving lunch at 10:30. We didn't have to wait long, but by the time we were finished eating the crowd waiting to order was massive.

ETA we loved both places, and while there were a few duplicates in menu items, it's not the same menu, and each is a different experience altogether. :cloud9:
Thank you! (And thanks to all others who posted too!!). Would you say it was about 11 when it got crowded? We could move up eating times if needed.

Thanks for that data point. I think we'll aim to go in at 10:15 at the latest, also so we can order the breakfast menu which has vegetarian options.

Another update from the IOA side - crowd level ended up being a 10 today per TP…went off plan (dumb me!) and did not end up in line at 3Broomsticks until 11:30. Inside building by 11:50/45 then more line. Sat down with food 12:05. Not bad but definitely not walk up like LC at 10:45 yesterday! :) The different set ups were interesting. Theming at 3BS was better but I like the order and then we bring you the food set up at LC better.

Last edited:
Posting my non-lunch tips back as spring break has a few weeks on it and my days were 10s re: crowd levels (if this isn’t allowed per the rules hope a Mod deletes - I wasn’t sure)…

1. As noted above, before 11 best for lunch at the HP spots but 11:30 still tolerable with a wait.

2. Hogsmeade was JAMMED by at least 9 if not before. In contrast DA took until probably 9:30 to get really crowded and was delightful 8-9 (this was a day when the EE at DA was added over night though).

3. Arriving at 7:30 for 8:00 EE at IOA was not enough to be in very front of the wave. 7:15 likely would have been.

4. IOA instructions by a cast member for EE were confusing - ALL lines outside the park are EE. That included an extra line off to the very left (normal exit doors) and it was still better to go there than be far back in the main middle lines.

5. Flight of Hippogrif - teen/tween surprisingly wanted to do this but wait even with EP was nuts by 9 and based on regular line times seems to have stayed pretty high most of the day. Earlier seemed best if kids want to do it.

6. Hogwarts express from USF back to Hogsmeade has the EP line merge pretty early with regular it seemed. Worth avoiding the peak mid days times.

7. It was kind of miserably crowded at IOA by our final hours at 1-3 and that was a Monday. If crowds bother you a lot, may want to prioritize more leaving the park by a bit after 1.

8. Not spring break specific but…a) Although yes UOR takes less planning I should have stuck closer to my plan’s general time frames. The EP and ability to bounce with it had us deviate some in ways that put us in more lines and more walking than planned. Definitely more tired as a result. :) and b) definitely take your glasses off on VC - my kiddo lost a pair as DH’s pocket could not withstand the twisting on the ride.

Thank you so much @disneyinthespringtime for coming back to update your experience! Going on Monday 4/11 so bracing for CROWDS.

Yeah. People are stir crazy and the parks are packed especially on Holidays. Its good thing that you have EP. This is a big help especially during spring break. It's always crowded but after the pandemic it got worse

Posting my non-lunch tips back as spring break has a few weeks on it and my days were 10s re: crowd levels (if this isn’t allowed per the rules hope a Mod deletes - I wasn’t sure)…

1. As noted above, before 11 best for lunch at the HP spots but 11:30 still tolerable with a wait.

2. Hogsmeade was JAMMED by at least 9 if not before. In contrast DA took until probably 9:30 to get really crowded and was delightful 8-9 (this was a day when the EE at DA was added over night though).

3. Arriving at 7:30 for 8:00 EE at IOA was not enough to be in very front of the wave. 7:15 likely would have been.

4. IOA instructions by a cast member for EE were confusing - ALL lines outside the park are EE. That included an extra line off to the very left (normal exit doors) and it was still better to go there than be far back in the main middle lines.

5. Flight of Hippogrif - teen/tween surprisingly wanted to do this but wait even with EP was nuts by 9 and based on regular line times seems to have stayed pretty high most of the day. Earlier seemed best if kids want to do it.

6. Hogwarts express from USF back to Hogsmeade has the EP line merge pretty early with regular it seemed. Worth avoiding the peak mid days times.

7. It was kind of miserably crowded at IOA by our final hours at 1-3 and that was a Monday. If crowds bother you a lot, may want to prioritize more leaving the park by a bit after 1.

8. Not spring break specific but…a) Although yes UOR takes less planning I should have stuck closer to my plan’s general time frames. The EP and ability to bounce with it had us deviate some in ways that put us in more lines and more walking than planned. Definitely more tired as a result. :) and b) definitely take your glasses off on VC - my kiddo lost a pair as DH’s pocket could not withstand the twisting on the ride.
This is awesome information thanks for sharing!

Another update from the IOA side - crowd level ended up being a 10 today per TP…went off plan (dumb me!) and did not end up in line at 3Broomsticks until 11:30. Inside building by 11:50/45 then more line. Sat down with food 12:05. Not bad but definitely not walk up like LC at 10:45 yesterday! :) The different set ups were interesting. Theming at 3BS was better but I like the order and then we bring you the food set up at LC better.
We're there next week for the first time - how is 3 broomsticks breakfast and what time do they open? For that matter, what time does IOA open for resort guests? We're at Sapphire Falls.

Just found this thread. Can anyone comment if one breakfast experience is better than the other? Leaky Cauldron or Three Broomsticks. wondering if its even doable if people are standing in line to order?

Just found this thread. Can anyone comment if one breakfast experience is better than the other? Leaky Cauldron or Three Broomsticks. wondering if its even doable if people are standing in line to order?
We went to Leaky Cauldron around 9:30 am and had breakfast, the line wasn’t long at all. The pancakes were really good, the egg breakfast wasn’t so great but it was ok. They did a cute little “spell” at your table when they seat you:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter