Spring Break in Disney--Ideas???

littlemermaid

Mouseketeer
Hey! I'm thinking about doing a trip to Disney for spring break next year (I know it's far away but of course planning's half the fun!) I was just wondering if anyone else has done that...if so how have you managed to keep it cheap? what size group have you gone with? anything else exciting about it or anything that would help someone planning for a spring break Disney vacation?? ::MickeyMo

Thanks!

It's never too early to start planning. You might want to consider a Value Resort to help keep the cost reasonable.

I'm actually going in like 12 days for Spring Break. Since I'm going with my family, I don't have to worry about cost or anything :cool1: .
BUT
I would say take like 3 of your best friends and stay at Pop (or any of the value resorts). You can split the room 4 ways. For food, I know when I went on a school trip a few years ago, we were given like $10 for lunch or dinner, the rest was up to us. We would take one person's ten and split it between two people so we wouldn't use our own money to eat, so it worked out that two people could eat for $20 in the parks (I didn't include breakfast cause that was provided for us.) $5 for lunch isn't bad really when you think about it- a burger with fries and a soda is a little over five if I'm right.
Shopping wise, I would say only buy the stuff you KNOW you will use again, like a sweatshirt or something. I've gotten so much useless junk that when I added it up from my past two trips alone, I spent over $1000 on stuff I never use.
Buy Brita water bottles at home and just refill them through out the day. Saves A LOT OF MONEY!

:confused3 If I think of anything else, I'll let you know

Depending on when you book, the Down Town Disney hotels offer some of the best prices around. They're beautiful hotels and are still on Disney Property, so you get some of the perks of being on property, at half the cost.

Also, to keep costs down, you might look into bringing some of your own food for the room. Some of the hotels at DTD offer small kitchens. Defititely worth looking into.

Andrew015 said:
Depending on when you book, the Down Town Disney hotels offer some of the best prices around. They're beautiful hotels and are still on Disney Property, so you get some of the perks of being on property, at half the cost.

Also, to keep costs down, you might look into bringing some of your own food for the room. Some of the hotels at DTD offer small kitchens. Defititely worth looking into.

One other tip...if you plan on going to Pleasure Island more than a few times, and admission isn't included with your ticket options, get the annual pass. It's $50.95 I believe, so if you go three times, it's cheaper this way. :shamrock:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter