Spring break versus summer?

Ugh, that's a pick your poison debate. I do not think I can handle easter crowds with kids that age but I also know I don't want them whining about the heat. (My kids are 6 and 2)
If you can go in mid to late August and are able to be up early, you can rope drop, get a lot done by lunch time, go back to the resort for a break and then go back out again in the late afternoon.

We have done both, sort of. Been in mid-August - yes, GROSS, but we had the best time because it was our first trip out of our immediate surroundings from covid lockdowns. Honestly, it was one of our best trips. We were exhausted and sweating, but we had so much fun. And my kids were almost 8 and 4 at that time.

Was just there the days leading to Easter 2022. It was the Friday-Tuesday before Easter. We had beautiful weather. Absolutely gorgeous and somewhat chilly at night, but it was fine by us - (from NY). The kids enjoyed the pool and the parks were fine too. Going forward in a "post covid" world, I'm not sure how crowds will turn out. Lots could happen.

If you go into either time with the right expectations, then you will be fine. Everyone is different. Summer definitely requires breaks from the heat. Like hours in the middle of the day breaks. That is fine with us, but may not be ok with you.

We have always gone in June or July except for once during Spring break and the crowds were miserable. I would choose summer every time but I might be unusual in that the heat has never been a significant issue for us.

We would never go to Disney in the Summer, way too hot/humid to be walking all those miles around the parks. No amount of water or lightweight clothing makes that more enjoyable. Honestly, Disney is likely crowded whenever you go, but at least earlier in the year the weather is more pleasant. Everyone doesn't get spring break the same week, so it does tend to spread out those crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter