Springtime Surprise Weekend (April 13-16, 2023)

Over an hour since registration began and only the 5K is sold out. Is this due to an increase in the size of the field, or maybe a bit less interest in this weekend?

I have friends that were planning to do this weekend until they announced the distances. They said they were hoping for something unique, not another 5K, 10K and 10 miler so they are doing a trip somewhere else instead.

Ahh, I can't seem to go beyond the first screen - what am I doing wrong? All field are filled in.
Scroll up and triple check that every random thing is checked or filled in. I had that problem last year and it was some stupid thing. If everything actually looks right, try a different browser if you can. Pain in the butt, I know, but I couldn't use Edge this morning. Everything went through until it wouldn't let me pay.

I have friends that were planning to do this weekend until they announced the distances. They said they were hoping for something unique, not another 5K, 10K and 10 miler so they are doing a trip somewhere else instead.
LOL

This is as unique as it gets. 5k, 10k are standard run distances. The 10-miler is already “unique” in that it’s not a half-marathon.

Your friends are going to be waiting a long time if they are hoping for a 6k, 12.43k and a 3/4 marathon.

Although, they did have the resort Fun Runs that were between 2k and 5k. Those were removed with covid. I hope they come back.

Thanks. Have now tried 2 different computers and browser. Looks like I may not be running :(
Did you select the race you’re registering for at the top?

(I know this is an obvious question and I’m not trying to be rude in any way, just genuinely trying to figure out why it’s not working. The first time I registered I didn’t realize you had to do that. I thought it would automatically be there since you click the link for that race to register.)

I wonder how much Easter affects this race. Seems like a lot of people wouldn't want to travel/race on Easter weekend.
This definitely made my plans more difficult. My kids are off from school this week, so instead of a nice adult race weekend we have to bring them all. And since I can't leave the younger two alone while we race due to some delays they have, we had to get my parents to come along. The point charts for DVC are way too many points for me to use, so we ended up doing an AirBnB. I definitely was considering skipping, but I am holding out hope that they will offer a Perfect Challenge.
We are driving, and I am so glad I decided that from the beginning. Even Avelo, our new "super low cost" airline that started using an airport 20 minutes away, is $650 per person for the dates I would need!

Yes, Easter (as celebrated by the majority of Western countries including the United States) is April 9th next year -- Orthodox Easter is on the 16th ("roughly 300 million Orthodox Christians in Europe, Africa and the Middle East celebrate Easter later than most in the western world as they follow a slightly different calendar.")

Would have been a good explanation as to why the races haven't sold out though -- guess we didn't need to get up at dawn and open every computer screen we had... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter