Springtime Surprise Weekend (April 13-16, 2023)

Assuming it's not a park day for you? You could take the bus to Riviera and eat at Primo Piatto, which is really good (mobile order from the bus!) then take skyliner back to Pop, or do the same for Beaches n Cream at Beach Club, but try to get a reservation there. Ale & Compass at Yacht is another favorite of mine, and easy to get a lunch res. Same goes for anything on the boardwalk (bus to boardwalk, then skyliner back to Pop, etc.)
This will be my arrival day/non park day. So my day to explore. I'm trying very hard to rely on Disney transportation this day since I am not on any schedule. Do you know/does anyone know much about Bar Riva at Riviera? If it's nice out, would love to sit outside.

This will be my arrival day/non park day. So my day to explore. I'm trying very hard to rely on Disney transportation this day since I am not on any schedule. Do you know/does anyone know much about Bar Riva at Riviera? If it's nice out, would love to sit outside.
Bar Riva is right next to Prima Piatto, the seating is half inside and half outside if I recall. Or you can get a drink and sit by the pool (it's just outside the pool fence). Really nice. Riviera is a LOVELY place to spend some time out of the parks. And so easy to get back to Pop. There's also an amazing coffee shop in the lobby and a really cool library to sit in (if the weather isn't so nice). That would be my vote.

Looking for some suggestions for lunch on the day I go to the expo. If all goes well, I should be at Pop around 11:00 am. I either want to go somewhere first to grab lunch (don't want to eat at the food court) and then take a bus to the expo, or get to the expo and go for lunch after. Trying hard to stick with Disney transportation. Any ideas for me?
The Expo busses provide a great opportunity to explore other resorts since they offer transportation to/from all of them.

As other have mentioned, taking the Skyliner from Pop opens CBR, Riviera, BC, YC and with a bit more walking or boating, Swan, Dolphin and BW… That’s a lot of good restaurant choices.

Taking the bus to MK then with walking, boating or taking the monorail you can access GF, Contemporary, Poly and WL.

From all of these you can go straight to the Expo, same is true in the reverse order.

The other possibility, one that I enjoy a lot is going from the Expo to POFQ to get beignets. Some also like SSR restaurants. From these resorts, it possible to boat to Disney Springs. There are a lot of good restaurants there too. Then, take the Disney Springs bus directly to Pop.

Looking for some suggestions for lunch on the day I go to the expo. If all goes well, I should be at Pop around 11:00 am. I either want to go somewhere first to grab lunch (don't want to eat at the food court) and then take a bus to the expo, or get to the expo and go for lunch after. Trying hard to stick with Disney transportation. Any ideas for me?
+1 for Riviera. I go out of my way to go get meals there! The resort is lovely and relaxing, and the food at Primo Piatta exceptional for QS.

Right now ADRs so far are

Terralina post expo Thursday if we want sit down

Steakhouse 71 post 5K friday

Beaches & Cream Saturday pending if my friend wants to go to DIS meet or not

Oga’s and Sci Fi as potential placeholders Sunday in case we can’t get Woodys

Need to vent for a minute.

So 10 miler is already out. Because of health issues. But I was trying to make the 5k. And I think I can maybe do it. Even if it means going back to walking it for reasons

But good lord is my trainer being a pita.

I have three doctors in the next month out of town. Out of my control because the health care where I actually live is bad and I seem to have the ability to find the worst of the worst.

Naturally because of airlines track records with wheelchairs I am not enthusiastic about taking my racer with me for a 3 day trip. So I’m trying to find alternatives. Something I tried to explain to trainer. But he doesn’t want to deal with the unstable schedule.

He wants to wait until things stabilize before putting on my training schedule.

Which with everything else I might as well be waiting for Gadot at this point. I haven’t had a normal schedule in a year and a half. And it’s easier to work around the irregularities than the other way around.

I just want some normalcy and getting back in training is a way to do that.

I swear if it wasn’t so hard to find trainers who specialize in disabled athletes this might be the last straw.

Anyway if he’s this dead set on waiting until things ‘normalize’ at the end of March/April and everything being picture perfect to race. I’m doing this against his orders. I guess I’m taking training into my own hands. He can get annoyed with me after.

Will see how well this blows over in April but I don’t care at this point.

If anyone is still looking to register, bibs seem to be popping up briefly this morning. Go to the @runDisRegStatus Twitter page to click the links—the runDisney event doesn’t necessarily show them as available.

If anyone is still looking to register, bibs seem to be popping up briefly this morning. Go to the @runDisRegStatus Twitter page to click the links—the runDisney event doesn’t necessarily show them as available.
The twitter account will be going away soon. It is best to utilize the other methods he has noted on there.

The twitter account will be going away soon. It is best to utilize the other methods he has noted on there.
Maybe, maybe not. It is currently still functional though. The changes were supposed to happen this past Monday and did not, and it is unknown if they will.

I have a question, I can move it to the theme park strategy thread if more appropriate:

We are considering buying Genie+ on one of the days we will be in MK. We don’t have park hopper. We are onsite. Which day would you pick, if any:

Thursday April 13, 2023: We will have arrived to our resort late the night before but plan on rope dropping. We need to go to the Expo to pick up our bibs for the Springtime Surprise Challenge. If we go back to the park, we will not stay late as the races start the next day. Some AP are blocked out that day. ETA: Genie+ might help us save our legs a bit.

Sunday April 16, 2023: We will have ran the 10M in the morning and will go to the park after shower and breakfast. We can stay late but will be tired. This is the first day the park will be opened to all AP after Tron opening.

I have a question, I can move it to the theme park strategy thread if more appropriate:

We are considering buying Genie+ on one of the days we will be in MK. We don’t have park hopper. We are onsite. Which day would you pick, if any:

Thursday April 13, 2023: We will have arrived to our resort late the night before but plan on rope dropping. We need to go to the Expo to pick up our bibs for the Springtime Surprise Challenge. If we go back to the park, we will not stay late as the races start the next day. Some AP are blocked out that day. ETA: Genie+ might help us save our legs a bit.

Sunday April 16, 2023: We will have ran the 10M in the morning and will go to the park after shower and breakfast. We can stay late but will be tired. This is the first day the park will be opened to all AP after Tron opening.
I’d personally say go for Sunday even though the AP floodgates will be open

Go for Sunday. Your feet will be at their most tired after all the races, so minimizing line-standing will be good. Spend the morning stacking and you can show up with a bunch of rides all set to go.

Sunday. The VQ has messed the whole expo experience up. Also, AP being blocked will have no impact on crowd levels and the VQ. Park reservation capacity remains the same no matter the mix of tickets. Just set your alarm on your phone to try for VQ while on the course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter