Springtime Surprise Weekend (April 13-16, 2023)

My experience from this past weekend. I was staying at OKW. I started the 10K in corral B. I drove to the race. Afterwards I was able to drive back to the resort, shower, and head over to AK for early entry. I was at the entrance to AK at 7am and made ILL and Genie+ reservations. When the rope dropped headed for EE and rode it twice. All before 8am. A lot depends upon in which corral you start, your time and whether you are taking the bus or ride sharing. For SS I will be staying at SSR. If need a ride back to SSR and don't mind a sweaty old guy I would be glad to help out.
At what time were you allowed to go into the parking lot pls? Thinking on renting a car for Nov

Bummed to type this, but I am cancelling my race/trip. It's ok - I've come to terms with it!

I know I can't get a refund/transfer/hold for a future race - but such a shame for the bib to be a complete waste! Are there any other options (donate, charity, etc...)???

Bummed to type this, but I am cancelling my race/trip. It's ok - I've come to terms with it!

I know I can't get a refund/transfer/hold for a future race - but such a shame for the bib to be a complete waste! Are there any other options (donate, charity, etc...)???
Write to runDisney. They may offer some sort of recompense. They did for me when I had to drop out of princess for a an injury.

My experience from this past weekend. I was staying at OKW. I started the 10K in corral B. I drove to the race. Afterwards I was able to drive back to the resort, shower, and head over to AK for early entry. I was at the entrance to AK at 7am and made ILL and Genie+ reservations. When the rope dropped headed for EE and rode it twice. All before 8am. A lot depends upon in which corral you start, your time and whether you are taking the bus or ride sharing. For SS I will be staying at SSR. If need a ride back to SSR and don't mind a sweaty old guy I would be glad to help out.
That's an impressive morning!! Thanks for the offer about the ride. I may take you up on that if our finish times align and my plans for breakfast don't change. I was planning to do ride share anyway for the quickest exit. We are looking forward to staying at SSR for the first time!

Guess it’s a long shot at this point, but made plans today to go down for springtime surprise weekend (wife is registered for the 10k and my daughter and I decided today to head down and join her) and I’m looking for a bib for the 10 miler.

I’m aware of the tracker on Twitter but it hasn’t shown any availability for the 10 miler since feb 19th. Any other monitoring tools? Or is a charity bib my best option at this point?

Thanks for any leads!

Guess it’s a long shot at this point, but made plans today to go down for springtime surprise weekend (wife is registered for the 10k and my daughter and I decided today to head down and join her) and I’m looking for a bib for the 10 miler.

I’m aware of the tracker on Twitter but it hasn’t shown any availability for the 10 miler since feb 19th. Any other monitoring tools? Or is a charity bib my best option at this point?

Thanks for any leads!
Charities are or will be off loading bibs and waiving fundraising requirements for the most part so look at those.

Thanks for any leads!
The charities I've seen posting availability (a month ago) are mostly full, but it's definitely worth looking into. Some of them may have reduced fund-raising requirements, or may only have you pay for the bib at this point. I think we are getting close to the cut-off for them to be able to assign bibs to runners though.

Hey so I’m reconsidering my choice on whether to do the 10 miler after last nights ride. And I’m curious if anyone knows how long it was before the balloons crossed last year?

Hey so I’m reconsidering my choice on whether to do the 10 miler after last nights ride. And I’m curious if anyone knows how long it was before the balloons crossed last year?
It is generally about an hour for all races, and was for the 10 miler last year.

According to the Balloon Ladies Tracking Twitter account, they started at 6:10 and finished at 8:50

It is generally about an hour for all races, and was for the 10 miler last year.
I've seen them cross under warmer weather usually in under that before. Thus the question. Thanks for the answer anyway!
According to the Balloon Ladies Tracking Twitter account, they started at 6:10 and finished at 8:50
Awesome thank you!

That is more then enough time to push it through even if I end up just doing a 16 minute mile. So probably am back on for the 10.

I just booked a foot massage at the GF spa for after the ten miler. I did A lot of park time this past weekend and won’t be doing any parks at Springtime. A figure a spa treatment is a good way to get away from my hotel.

I've seen them cross under warmer weather usually in under that before. Thus the question. Thanks for the answer anyway!

Awesome thank you!

That is more then enough time to push it through even if I end up just doing a 16 minute mile. So probably am back on for the 10.
Those are the exception and hard to predict ahead of time, its only been a couple times. It wasn't that warm for the 10 miler last year, hard to say what it will be this year this far out.

Question for anyone who’s been to Orlando more recently and might know the answer to this.(last trip was Jan 22 so it’s been a while). Do y’all know what the situation is to get someone to help with luggage currently?

Flying solo and between my bags and my racer I’m going to need help getting my stuff down to the Mears Connect area.

And I tried looking online but am having 0 luck finding the info

Starting to scout park reservations for that weekend so I’m obligated to tell everyone that MK is finally fully booked on Trons opening day (4/4) and the day prior. Keep putting off buying tickets but might have to get on that soon…

Starting to scout park reservations for that weekend so I’m obligated to tell everyone that MK is finally fully booked on Trons opening day (4/4) and the day prior. Keep putting off buying tickets but might have to get on that soon…
Right now my MK day is the second day pirate pass and first day pixie dust pass can ride outside of snagging previews so should be fun

Slightly reduced charity Bibs if anyone was still looking (@HockeySteve or @CanadianPaco ? )

"Springtime Surprise Charity Bibs Available
📢
📢
📢

As a small nonprofit it pains me to have to reduce the fundraising amount, but I do want to make sure that our that we give everyone enough time to fundraise and train for the race
💗

Fundraising pricing below includes the bib and fundraising required.
If you have any questions, please contact....
Jennifer Walsh (Jennifer.Walsh@girlsontherun.org)
or
Crystal Gaines (crystal.gaines@girlsontherun.org)"

And from their graphic (fundraising requirement includes the cost of the bib)
10k $500
10mi $600
Challenge $1500

Last edited:
Stupid challenge question.. I know this answer is somewhere but my search skills are failing.

I know there are no balloon ladies for the 5k, but if I'm doing the challenge do I still have to maintain the 16 minute/mile pace? Or do I just have to finish? Really hoping this is my chance to finally take some character photos during a race, but I am not fast (yet). :)

Stupid challenge question.. I know this answer is somewhere but my search skills are failing.

I know there are no balloon ladies for the 5k, but if I'm doing the challenge do I still have to maintain the 16 minute/mile pace? Or do I just have to finish? Really hoping this is my chance to finally take some character photos during a race, but I am not fast (yet). :)
Disney will technically say you need to maintain that pace however you just need to finish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter