• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spy Kids 3-D on board

westjones

DIS Veteran
Are they showing this on the Wonder? We are hoping it will be showing next month on our crurise but thought they might not show it since you have to have thos 3D glasses to watch it.

Has anyone been on recently? Did they have it showing?
Thanks!
DJ

Spy Kids 3-D on board

DJ - I took my son and his friend to see Spy Kids 3-D this past weekend. You'll be missing nothing in life should you happen to miss this movie...

Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
DJ - I took my son and his friend to see Spy Kids 3-D this past weekend. You'll be missing nothing in life should you happen to miss this movie...

Boy I thought it was just me. There was no plot, and the 3D glasses made me sick to my stomach. DS can't wait to see it again but I think he'll go with the kids club - I can't sit through that again.

Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad

Originally posted by Starwood
Boy I thought it was just me. There was no plot, and the 3D glasses made me sick to my stomach.

I'm just curious, did you guys like the other Spy Kids movies? I'm not sure if it is the first or the second, but the one with the "evil" guy who makes the Floops is great! I have watched it several times and am pondering buying the DVD. (And, I'm 27!!!) :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ThreeCircles
I'm just curious, did you guys like the other Spy Kids movies? I'm not sure if it is the first or the second, but the one with the "evil" guy who makes the Floops is great! I have watched it several times and am pondering buying the DVD. (And, I'm 27!!!) :rolleyes:

The other 2 were good. This one just has nothing that would ever make me want to see it again. I spent most of the movie with the 3 D glasses off because the effect was so annoying.

I must confess that I slept through most of the movie and only saw the first 10 minutes and the last 5 minutes. I thought I was just tired from the previous nights fun and that is why I couldn't get into the movie. My boys enjoyed it.

I agree with Buckaroo's Dad....except for some funny cameos i.e George Clooney, this movie fell far short of the first 2 in quality...

westjones: Have fun on your trip in Sept. for birthdays and enjoy OKW. Remember, our 7 day eastern in Feb. is under 200 days. Have a great trip!

woody64

We saw Spy Kids 3D on the 7/26 Magic and I would have to say don't waste precious vacation time on this movie. I liked the first and second Spy Kids movies but this one was not enjoyable at all.

Cathy

I liked the 1st 2 Spy Kids movies. The 3rd was only slightly better the "POKE-MON The Movie" :eek: (I was thinking about setting the theater on FIRE to get out of THAT one!)

We just saw this movie (at home, not on the ship), and I must agree that it has little to offer an adult audience. Little plot, characters doesn't mesh with the previous two movies (they're still letting the previous movies' bad guys work in the OSS? I don't think so) . . . I didn't enjoy it much.

On the other hand, my two daughters (ages 6 and 9) LOVED it and are already begging me to buy it when the DVD comes out! They were intrigued with the 3D effects, which were entirely new to them. The older daughter is motivated to learn to DRAW in 3D, and we're going to buy a book that was recommended by my elementary school art teach friend.

Which brings me to a new question . . . suppose there's a movie that my children want to see (or repeat) during the cruise. Is it acceptable to take them to the theater, see that they have a seat, then return just before the movie ends to pick them up as they exit the theater? These kids are 6 and 9, and they know how to behave in a theater. Is this appropriate on the ship?

My dd's are 8 1/2 & 9 and they would love to see this movie on board. I've been wondering the same thing myself

I let my kids go to the movies by themselves.(Ages 9 and 10) I did check on them a few times to make sure they were OK and not bothering anyone. I also let them know that I might sit in the back and watch the movie for a while, so they better be on their best behavior. I also made it clear that if they did not behave, they would NOT be allowed to go to the movies alone.
They had a wonderful time going to the movies MANY times during the cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter