SS or GDT?

pugbug

Earning My Ears
I’m going to DW in early January, and I’m deciding between Saratoga and Grand Destino Tower. Adults only trip. We usually stay deluxe, but we’re on a budget because this is a spur of the moment trip and we have a longer trip planned in May. I haven’t been to either resort. SS is about $500 more than GDT for my dates.

I was thinking SS because the renovated rooms look awesome, and I like the idea of walking to Disney springs. Are all the preferred rooms renovated? How is the walk to Disney springs?

GDT is at a really good price and it looks more deluxe, but I might miss having a patio.

Any insights would be great! Also sort of considering Yacht Club for walkability, but I’m not crazy about the looks of the resort (so boring compared to beach club) and it’s definitely stretching my budget.

Gran Destino Tower, all the way. I stayed there 3 weeks ago and absolutely loved it. It's gorgeous - truly a Deluxe level property within the greater Moderate resort.

I’m going to DW in early January, and I’m deciding between Saratoga and Grand Destino Tower. Adults only trip. We usually stay deluxe, but we’re on a budget because this is a spur of the moment trip and we have a longer trip planned in May. I haven’t been to either resort. SS is about $500 more than GDT for my dates.

I was thinking SS because the renovated rooms look awesome, and I like the idea of walking to Disney springs. Are all the preferred rooms renovated? How is the walk to Disney springs?

GDT is at a really good price and it looks more deluxe, but I might miss having a patio.

Any insights would be great! Also sort of considering Yacht Club for walkability, but I’m not crazy about the looks of the resort (so boring compared to beach club) and it’s definitely stretching my budget.
I'm going to take the opposite side and advocate for SSR. The renovated rooms are beautiful and given the limited number of restaurants open at the resorts, having easy access to DS is a nice option. The walk from SSR to DS is pleasant if the weather is cooperative. But the pathway also closes at dusk and you must take bus transportation at night (unless boats start running again). GDT is beautiful but it is still located in a moderate resort. Your dining choices are limited to whatever is open unless you want to hop a bus to DS or another resort area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter