SSB just back from Neurosurgeon... thanks to all of my DIS friends!!!! :)

SideshowBob said:
Was a GREAT follow up appointment!!

He said that SSB way ahead of schedule for recovery, and could return to work 1/2 days this week, full time next week. Less than two weeks after biggo back surgery.... I am kind of floored, but so very psyched. Really do feel GREAT.

He said that once he opened up SSB and started digging around (nice narrative, eh?)... he found something that could not be seen via the MRI, a piece of of a herniated disk that was jutting into the nerve area. He said that one he found that, that he know that is was the culprit of my last three years of pain. I told him that I had always thought that there was a bottlecap somewhere in there... and sure enough!!!

He wouldn't talk with me about time line on tennis yet... but said that he would do so in my next appoinment, a month from now.

A special thank you to all of my DIS friends, as you REALLY did help so very much... from the kind thoughts, prayers and gifts, to the emails, PM's and talks on the phone. All meant a GREAT deal to me, and made the process so much better than it might have been. It is indeed nice to have so very many friends, although most were far away... to really get you through something like this.

Thanks, thanks, thanks!!! (and look forward to seeing you all here!)

Randall/SSB

that's great news, Randall!!

I hope you coninue to have a speedy, full recovery!

Great news, glad to hear everything is going so well. :D

Glad to see you back SSB! As another who recently underwent neurosurgery for pesky disk problems, I know the relief that it can bring. :D

cool glad you got good report:) hope recovery continues to be speedy:0

Great news SSB!!

Maybe next November you'll be ready for a little tennis......:)

So glad to hear the great news, SSB!!!! Hope the remainder of your recovery goes wonderfully!

Haven't been around much so I hadn't heard about this, but I am glad to hear the good news.

So there must be something to a Fosters and Carrots diet after all..
Hmmmm...you could be on the verge of a great discovery, my friend.

Great news about the return to work. Just don't over do it!

Glad to hear the news my friend! :)

But I've enjoyed having you around more on the DIS ;)

Hey SSB, did they find that loose screw too???? :3dglasses :3dglasses :3dglasses

I didn't know you were going to get poked on, but I'm so glad everything is okay! I'll keep you in my prayers....

MEL!!! Glad the doctor gave the AOK to head back to the lemonade stand! Take it easy.....the tennis courts will still be there in another month! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter