SSR 2017 Points

Jaylie

DIS Veteran
I'm looking at the Points Chart for 2017 for SSR, and I've noticed that now there are different levels in the buildings, i.e., Standard and Preferred. That is new to me, so I'm wondering what that represents. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

I'm looking at the Points Chart for 2017 for SSR, and I've noticed that now there are different levels in the buildings, i.e., Standard and Preferred. That is new to me, so I'm wondering what that represents. Can anyone help me? Thanks.
It's simply a realignment of the booking categories making Springs and Congress Park preferred and the rest standard. It'll help some and hurt others depending on their preferences.

As Dean says, in 2017, it will cost more points than in 2016 to stay in Congress Park or the Springs. It will cost fewer points than in 2016 to stay in Grandstand, Carousel, or the Paddock.

The preferred buildings are closer to Disney Springs or the main pool and check in. Standard buildings are farther away from what a lot of people want to be near. It is not about the view, it's all about location, location, location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter