• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR Awesome DVC Resort! -

christobol

Earning My Ears
Theme, Location, Detail, Tranquility.. This resort has it all. Easy to fall in Love with this one. The size is makes that much better as well..just my feelings- Thanks for letting me share! :thumbsup2

I agree. I think that the tranquility of the resort is why I own at the two that I do.

VWL has such a special feel to it. You come around that corner and it is like it transports you to another state.

At SSR, even as big as the resort is and as many people as theere are there, you would never know it. And believe me, I was there Christmas week when there was not a room to be had and the resort did not seem busy at all.

I was there Christmas week when there was not a room to be had and the resort did not seem busy at all.

Same as New Years, I was wondering where are all the people :thumbsup2

I agree. I think that the tranquility of the resort is why I own at the two that I do.

VWL has such a special feel to it. You come around that corner and it is like it transports you to another state.

At SSR, even as big as the resort is and as many people as theere are there, you would never know it. And believe me, I was there Christmas week when there was not a room to be had and the resort did not seem busy at all.

Wow you are my twin! My two favorite resorts!!!!

That's great! We have yet to stay there but I love to hear positive things! It helps my doubts go away :)

In looking at the nature walk photos posted in another thread, remembering my shorter forays last December (when it was too cold to go too far) that left my mouth watering, and knowing how much I like to visit DTD (more than Boardwalk oddly), I find myself anxious for my May trip.

First thing that struck me about VWL last Spring was the beautiful flowers along the entrance walkway and waterfall courtyard. And first thing to strike me about SSR was the beautiful swans floating in the canal by the Paddocks. Now I have the nature walks to OKW and those ferry rides to Port Orleans.

My dad (a cardiac rehab patient) is building up his walking stamina so he can take morning strolls with me. So much to wander into there. I kinda wish we weren't staying at our Marriott the week before. It's nice and the units are bigger, but it has more parking lot sidewalks than the interior paths of SSR. And I have to battle high pool gates to cross the lake and enjoy more scenic views.

Same as New Years, I was wondering where are all the people :thumbsup2

We, too, were there when the resort was at capacity and it felt like it was empty...and for a resort that size, that is really saying something! We love, love, love SSR!

My dad (a cardiac rehab patient) is building up his walking stamina so he can take morning strolls with me. So much to wander into there. I kinda wish we weren't staying at our Marriott the week before. It's nice and the units are bigger, but it has more parking lot sidewalks than the interior paths of SSR. And I have to battle high pool gates to cross the lake and enjoy more scenic views.

From SSR, I really enjoy a morning walk along the lake to the nature trail and then to DTD. Earl of Sandwich has a very nice and relatively inexpensive breakfast menu - and it's very quiet and peaceful being around DTD just as all the shops are opening.

It is peaceful at the resort, isn't it! Leaves us in a more relaxed state of mind, especially on our resort "down" days!

You don't have that crowded, rushed feel of a lot of the other resorts! :crowded:

That's exactly why I bought there. I travel with adults all the time, so we like the relaxed quiet feel of SSR and the distance from the busy-ness of the parks. It's CLEARLY not for everyone, but I have stayed there twice so far and have no regrets about purchasing there. I have another short stay there in May and a week in December booked and I'm looking forward to BOTH.

We love to hear these posts...we are empty nesters and our first trip home is in October, however we are going offsite in May and plan on spendint time at SSR...maybe do some walking arround....mmmmm...right up my alley cant wait

Wow these posts belong on the SSR Lovers thread. So glad to hear there are still so many of us around. We fell in love with this resort on our first trip home and dream about returning constantly. All the great things being said about this place are so true.:cheer2:

Glad to hear that we have another BELIEVER!!!! :banana: We love SSR and we can't wait to go home again in August!

OK.........WAIT.........Let me explain.........
We went over, visited the property, walked around a bit when it was just opened.....DID NOT LIKE IT!!!
Went home upset,and bashing SSR.........
The following year, we waited too long, and could not get in at BCV's, so we decided to "suffer" at SSR......
OK, we loved it!!! We loved the pool, bar area, walking the paths, the location to DTD, etc. etc. etc....we loved SSR!!!
We BBQ out one eve, sat and had a drink on the benches overlooking DTD area....we just loved it.....
We are now big fans of SSR, and DVC just keeps improving it w/ the new pool area, etc.
SSR FAN!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter