SSR July, which bldg?

A Mickeyfan

DIS Veteran
I have never stayed at SSR before and will be there a week in July with my 2 adult daughter's and my 2 year old granddaughter in a 1 bedroom. I will have my car. We are veterans as far as Disney goes, just new to this resort. Any suggestions as to which bldg to request. Pool bar is not a requirement lol, but close to a fun pool for the baby and gym for my daughter's is what we were thinking??? TIA
Forgot to add, we have a pool at home so the baby is use to a pool. She jumps in and goes down a small slide with us there. She can hold her breath under water short distance. She will like splash area, but will also want to "swim" too. How far is splash area from fun pool???

Last edited:
The Springs would be my first choice for what you are looking for then next in order would be The Paddock and The Grandstand.

Springs - close to main pool and fitness center. Pool has a slide and splash area.
Paddock - pool has a slide, not sure about splash area.
Grandstand - pool has a splash area.

The Springs would be my first choice for what you are looking for then next in order would be The Paddock and The Grandstand.

Springs - close to main pool and fitness center. Pool has a slide and splash area.
Paddock - pool has a slide, not sure about splash area.
Grandstand - pool has a splash area.
Paddock has a nice looking kids area

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Kids-Play-Area-Paddock-Pool-Disneys-Saratoga-Springs-Resort-from-**************.net_.jpg

I like shooting for the Paddock, "near transportation" if you're using the online. You really want a room in the 5100-5800 series in the Paddock, and it's a great mix of near the feature pool/kiddie area, near the bridge to The Springs, and near the bus stop. The 4000/6000 room numbers in the Paddock would be yucky with a small child.

But those 5100-5800 series rooms at Saratoga are by far my favorite area.

I would go with Grandstand. The spray horses are lots of fun and it's an easy walk to High Rocks Spring and the slide and splash area. We found that the play sets got hot, and going in July they may be uncomfortably hot unless early in the a.m.

Congress Park is our fave.

Here was our view last time we stayed.

fchedit_zpsaegqawpl.jpg

I would go with Grandstand. The spray horses are lots of fun and it's an easy walk to High Rocks Spring and the slide and splash area. We found that the play sets got hot, and going in July they may be uncomfortably hot unless early in the a.m.
ETA - the buildings around the pool would be my request. If you use the Search box in upper left you can find SSR maps. Also be sure to check out the SSR Friends and Lovers thread that Bird of Prey Dave maintains.

I'd request the Springs area, your near the feature pool, gym, community hall and also quick service where you can get your drink refills.

Is the Springs area the Carriage House? I am not finding Springs area on the online check in form

Just figured it out on the map lol thanks for all the tips. Think I am going with the Springs area to be closer to everything. ...not that I am guaranteed anything but worth a shot.

Is the Springs area the Carriage House? I am not finding Springs area on the online check in form

Just figured it out on the map lol thanks for all the tips. Think I am going with the Springs area to be closer to everything. ...not that I am guaranteed anything but worth a shot.

Yes, it's the main area of the resort where the front desk, etc is.

The Paddock is our favourite! There is a wonderful pool that has a quick service and drink refill. It is also a 2 minute walk from any building to the bus stop. It is about a 15 minute walk from the Paddock to Disney Springs. We didn't venture across the bridge once.

I have never stayed at SSR before and will be there a week in July with my 2 adult daughter's and my 2 year old granddaughter in a 1 bedroom. I will have my car. We are veterans as far as Disney goes, just new to this resort. Any suggestions as to which bldg to request. Pool bar is not a requirement lol, but close to a fun pool for the baby and gym for my daughter's is what we were thinking??? TIA
Forgot to add, we have a pool at home so the baby is use to a pool. She jumps in and goes down a small slide with us there. She can hold her breath under water short distance. She will like splash area, but will also want to "swim" too. How far is splash area from fun pool???

Might I suggest bringing a blow up mattress if you are able? The mattress on the pull out couch in the one bedroom when we stayed was horrible. It is not a mattress, as much as it is a thin foam pad. We ended up taking it off, folding it in half and making a floor bed for our daughter. With three adults and a child, you may find it stuffed and uncomfortable. Wonderful resort and rooms, that was the only thing lacking for us. As I said before, see if you can end up near the Paddock section. There is nothing better than that pool and being able to grab a quick bite while the little one swims is great!

The Paddock is our favourite! There is a wonderful pool that has a quick service and drink refill. It is also a 2 minute walk from any building to the bus stop. It is about a 15 minute walk from the Paddock to Disney Springs. We didn't venture across the bridge once.
On the other hand, perhaps we should keep the Paddock a secret, especially with the new points charts...
:beach:

I think you would do well in either The Springs or The Secret wonderful Paddock ( lol ) . The only ones I don't warm to The Carosel. Congress Park is ok but the little ones might enjoy pool parties at The Springs and The Paddock area. Grandstand is lovely and our favourite but no pool party for your darling grand baby.

I am actually not a vacation club member, I trade in through RCI. What happened with points charts?
Starting 2017 Springs and Congress Park will be considered a "premium" category using more points while the other sections use fewer points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter