SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Yes, there's an ice machine on the first floor of every building. It's in the vending area near the trash room.
Thanks for that! :thumbsup2
Is there any more general bus route information available? For example, if I want to go to any park, is it any bus I can take? If so, what route does it take (to give me an idea of time). What about getting to other resorts for meals?

We are checking in tomorrow and I was hoping someone could help me with what to expect. We are arriving very early (before 10 AM) so I assume our room won't be ready. We plan on leaving and heading to the parks. Will the bell hop empty our bags and put them somewhere or will we just empty our car when we get back? We have several items that we don't really want sitting in a hot car all day.

any room updates on SSR? I stayed there last summer and the room really needed some sprucing. The bedrooms and bathrooms were fine but the living area looked beat up and our Dishwasher didn't even work which wasn't a big deal. It still had the old bedspread

So any room updated photos? If they have been updated?

thanks

any room updates on SSR? I stayed there last summer and the room really needed some sprucing. The bedrooms and bathrooms were fine but the living area looked beat up and our Dishwasher didn't even work which wasn't a big deal. It still had the old bedspread

So any room updated photos? If they have been updated?

thanks
What section did you stay in? SSR just finished a complete refurb last year. Maybe you were in a section that hadn't been done yet.

We are checking in tomorrow and I was hoping someone could help me with what to expect. We are arriving very early (before 10 AM) so I assume our room won't be ready. We plan on leaving and heading to the parks. Will the bell hop empty our bags and put them somewhere or will we just empty our car when we get back? We have several items that we don't really want sitting in a hot car all day.
Bell Services has a luggage room. They'll store anything you don't want to leave in your car.

When you arrive, they'll ask you which is more important to you, getting your requests, or getting into another room sooner. If they don't, you can also ask if this is an option.

Thanks for that! :thumbsup2
Is there any more general bus route information available? For example, if I want to go to any park, is it any bus I can take? If so, what route does it take (to give me an idea of time). What about getting to other resorts for meals?
The buses have the name of the park they're going to on electronic signs on the front and side of the bus. Wait at the bus stop until you see the park you're looking for.

There are no resort-to-resort buses at Disney. You need to take a bus to a park or Downtown Disney, and then transfer to another bus, monorail, or boat from there.

Only 40 days to go until returning back home to SSR!! I'm leaving DH and DD home this time and my best friend is joining me for a mom's get away. This will be my friend's first time staying at SSR and we're staying in a studio. My family has always rented a car in the past but my friend used Magical Express when she went with her family in Feb. (they stayed at POP) and everything went well so we're going to use Magical Express and save some money. We're adding on the quick service dining plan and are planning on a few meals at Downtown Disney so I have decided that I would like to request Congress Park for that reason and because of the quiet pool and the rocking chairs overlooking DTD, a perfect area for a relaxing mom's get away. I am also thinking we could walk to DTD to get a bus to the other resorts for dining too.

I'm planning on calling Members Services this week to make my requests and was wondering if I can include in the request, "No parking lot view" or if there would be a better way to word this? I know there aren't many studios in CP that have this view but it seems we have gotten parking lot views a number of times at SSR in different sections of the resort, Carousel, Paddocks and Congress Park, probably because we usually check in early and I'm always willing to take an available room and get in right away vs waiting for a certain view. A few other times we have gotten views of the beautiful grounds which I love. This time I'm not checking in early, we land at MCO at 6:10pm so no need to settle for whatever room is available early. I have a major exam that I am studying for for work and I love to sit out on the balcony at SSR so I would really like a quiet room away from parking lot and bus noise so that I can sit out on the balcony and study during some of our down time.

This is how I was thinking of wording my request:
Upper floor (not being on the first floor is more important to me than being in CP, I prefer a balcony over a patio since we once had a very long snake visit us on our patio at SSR :scared1:)
Congress Park
Non-parking lot view

What do you SSR experts think? Is this good or would there be a better way to word this when I call Member Services?

Only 40 days to go until returning back home to SSR!! I'm leaving DH and DD home this time and my best friend is joining me for a mom's get away. This will be my friend's first time staying at SSR and we're staying in a studio. My family has always rented a car in the past but my friend used Magical Express when she went with her family in Feb. (they stayed at POP) and everything went well so we're going to use Magical Express and save some money. We're adding on the quick service dining plan and are planning on a few meals at Downtown Disney so I have decided that I would like to request Congress Park for that reason and because of the quiet pool and the rocking chairs overlooking DTD, a perfect area for a relaxing mom's get away. I am also thinking we could walk to DTD to get a bus to the other resorts for dining too.

I'm planning on calling Members Services this week to make my requests and was wondering if I can include in the request, "No parking lot view" or if there would be a better way to word this? I know there aren't many studios in CP that have this view but it seems we have gotten parking lot views a number of times at SSR in different sections of the resort, Carousel, Paddocks and Congress Park, probably because we usually check in early and I'm always willing to take an available room and get in right away vs waiting for a certain view. A few other times we have gotten views of the beautiful grounds which I love. This time I'm not checking in early, we land at MCO at 6:10pm so no need to settle for whatever room is available early. I have a major exam that I am studying for for work and I love to sit out on the balcony at SSR so I would really like a quiet room away from parking lot and bus noise so that I can sit out on the balcony and study during some of our down time.

This is how I was thinking of wording my request:
Upper floor (not being on the first floor is more important to me than being in CP, I prefer a balcony over a patio since we once had a very long snake visit us on our patio at SSR :scared1:)
Congress Park
Non-parking lot view

What do you SSR experts think? Is this good or would there be a better way to word this when I call Member Services?
You might try asking for an even-numbered room. That would guarantee that your room faces the front of the building.

Realistically what is the walk from congress park to Downtown Disney. The same question with walk from congress park to restaurants on property. I am sure it is here somewhere however I cannot find it in a search and cannot look through 200+ pages of info. I didn't see the answer on the first page info listed

If we request congress park - what should we request for a view of DD? other than simply requesting a DD view should something else be added to the request in addition to. If we decide to request a different area what should we request for the best chance to get a nicer view?

Thank you for any guidance on the above

Last year we rented points and for five of the nights we could only get SSR. We were initially disappointed as it was not one of the resorts we would have chosen.

One year on and we have just passed ROFR on our first DVC purchase at SSR.:)

SSR_Halloween-2.jpg

A little fall color for our room courtesy of the Disney Florist
Halloween 2011

What a lovely view from your room. Can I please ask what room number/block it was?

i'll be staying at SSR starting this sunday. we would like to be close to the main pool, if the springs are not available does anyone have any recommendations for a second choice of where to request our room?
hope this wasn't already mentioned somewhere and i'm just missing it.. :worried: first post!

thanks!

Every time I call to try to give some room preferences I'm just told to call back in a few days. We're arriving on the 9th August..
International call too.

Every time I call to try to give some room preferences I'm just told to call back in a few days. We're arriving on the 9th August..
International call too.
Are you calling DVC Member Services or the resort? I've never had a problem getting Member Services to add my preferences to the reservation. Another option would be the "contact us" link on the member web site, and send them the preferences via email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter