SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

When we've stayed at any DVC property, the sofabed isn't made up as a bed. The bedding is in the closet, and you will probably have to make it up yourself. I'm not sure if you can request this or not - it never hurts to ask.

I'm thinking of staying here for two nights prior our cruise, with one day at MK in the middle. The pools look fun for the kids (7/2), but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger because we won't have a car. :-/ What's the average travel time to MK? Would a Paddock/Pool Area request be sufficient for a mid-resort bus stop, plus close enough to the Carriage House as a back up stop?
I'ts between here and AoA - which I've stayed at before and I really think that my 7 year old would enjoy these pools more than AoA this time.

One possibility might be the Grandstand section building that's closest to the Carriage House . It has the advantage of being the first pick-up and drop-off bus stop for the resort, so you're virtually assured a seat in the morning during busy times. It is also right next to a nice pool with a splash area for the kids, which could be fun for them. The pool itself is smaller than the main pool, but it has the advantage of being less crowded, too. It's also a very short walk to the Carriage House and to the main pool which is right beside the Carriage House.

I'm thinking of staying here for two nights prior our cruise, with one day at MK in the middle. The pools look fun for the kids (7/2), but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger because we won't have a car. :-/ What's the average travel time to MK? Would a Paddock/Pool Area request be sufficient for a mid-resort bus stop, plus close enough to the Carriage House as a back up stop?
I'ts between here and AoA - which I've stayed at before and I really think that my 7 year old would enjoy these pools more than AoA this time.
We did a split between SSR and AoA in February and strongly preferred SSR (so much so that we purchased a resale contract). Disliked having to walk 4 buildings to get pool towels from the front desk.

Grandstand close to bus stop will place you at a great pool that's also convenient to Carriage House.

(Direct) bus to MK was about 20-25 min, so not too bad.

When we've stayed at any DVC property, the sofabed isn't made up as a bed. The bedding is in the closet, and you will probably have to make it up yourself. I'm not sure if you can request this or not - it never hurts to ask.
Thanks Jaysmom. We are not DVC members, but staying on a cash basis so i wondered if we may get the bed made up. I will call and ask though as you suggest - thanks

Hi.
Our family of four (dd-22 and ds-18) will be in Treehouse Villas between Christmas and New Years.
I understand the THVs are far removed from the rest of the resort (I also looked at the map).
I booked the THVs thinking my mom or my dd's friend would be going but now I think it will just be us, which will be great since son will be away in college
and dd in law school so it will be wonderful to connect just the four of us. I'm wondering if I should move us to a 2 bedroom, standard view since
now the two bedroom preferred views are already sold out. We can walk, no problem and I am planning on us being at DTD most evenings with 2-3 days
in the parks. Should I just keep THVs so the kids have their own rooms?
The only time we have stayed at SSR are in GVs so not sure what to do.
Thank you so much!

I've stayed at SSR a few times but never at the THV. Just given the ages of your children, I'm thinking that they would very much value having their own separate bedrooms. If it were my family (and I have a son and daughter who are a little older) I would keep the THV for the privacy and space factor. As you probably know, there's a bus that will take you from the THV to an SSR bus stop, where you would get a bus for the parks. Just allow a little extra time for that additional transportation leg.

I've stayed at SSR a few times but never at the THV. Just given the ages of your children, I'm thinking that they would very much value having their own separate bedrooms. If it were my family (and I have a son and daughter who are a little older) I would keep the THV for the privacy and space factor. As you probably know, there's a bus that will take you from the THV to an SSR bus stop, where you would get a bus for the parks. Just allow a little extra time for that additional transportation leg.

Thanks so much! I was going to ask my dh and kids but figured the dis would have much better explanations for their answers, just as you did! :)

Thanks so much! I appreciate your help.

Hi everyone! We're staying at SSR for the first time in June in a studio. I have a question about laundry.... it looks like there are pay machines by the carriage house or the main pool, but in other DVC resorts, there is usually free laundry for those of us in studios. Is there free laundry available or only pay? THANK YOU!

Hi everyone! We're staying at SSR for the first time in June in a studio. I have a question about laundry.... it looks like there are pay machines by the carriage house or the main pool, but in other DVC resorts, there is usually free laundry for those of us in studios. Is there free laundry available or only pay? THANK YOU!
All laundry machines at SSR are free.

The laundry room actually isn't in the Carriage House. It's in a separate building on the pool level. It's next to the Community Hall.

There are additional laundry rooms by the Congress Park, Paddock, and Grandstand pools.

All laundry machines at SSR are free.

The laundry room actually isn't in the Carriage House. It's in a separate building on the pool level. It's next to the Community Hall.

There are additional laundry rooms by the Congress Park, Paddock, and Grandstand pools.

Thank you so much!

Hi! I recently stayed at SSR this past March but am lucky enough to be going back the end of May. I've only ever stayed at DVC studios but am staying at a SSR 1 bedroom this time around with a friend. I saw that there is a full bathroom connected to the bedroom at SSR. Is there a separate full bathroom as well? Thanks for your help!

Hi! I recently stayed at SSR this past March but am lucky enough to be going back the end of May. I've only ever stayed at DVC studios but am staying at a SSR 1 bedroom this time around with a friend. I saw that there is a full bathroom connected to the bedroom at SSR. Is there a separate full bathroom as well? Thanks for your help!
No, SSR has only one full bathroom in a 1BR.

Above PP is correct. Connected to the Master Bedroom is a jetted-spa-tub (with "window" overlooking the bed) and a sink/counter and closet. Going back towards the kitchen is the main bathroom which includes a stand-up shower, pedestal sink and a toilet closed off with another door.

I am really torn between Congress to be close to DS, but far from CH. Or Springs and close to everything, but bus problems. Last time we in Paddocks that was not close to anything.

I am really torn between Congress to be close to DS, but far from CH. Or Springs and close to everything, but bus problems. Last time we in Paddocks that was not close to anything.
We were just there and Congress park really isn't "that far" from the carriage house. A few minutes walk. And Congress has such a beautiful, quiet pool - at least when we were there. We were in Springs but when we go again, we will book congress

Hi.
Our family of four (dd-22 and ds-18) will be in Treehouse Villas between Christmas and New Years.
I understand the THVs are far removed from the rest of the resort (I also looked at the map).
I booked the THVs thinking my mom or my dd's friend would be going but now I think it will just be us, which will be great since son will be away in college
and dd in law school so it will be wonderful to connect just the four of us. I'm wondering if I should move us to a 2 bedroom, standard view since
now the two bedroom preferred views are already sold out. We can walk, no problem and I am planning on us being at DTD most evenings with 2-3 days
in the parks. Should I just keep THVs so the kids have their own rooms?
The only time we have stayed at SSR are in GVs so not sure what to do.
Thank you so much!
I personally don't think adult children would be all that comfortable in the bunk beds of that third bedroom. My teen children said they were small and awkward. If you have the option, I would switch to a 2 bdrm villa that allows you to be closer to other amenities.

I personally don't think adult children would be all that comfortable in the bunk beds of that third bedroom. My teen children said they were small and awkward. If you have the option, I would switch to a 2 bdrm villa that allows you to be closer to other amenities.

Thank you. Ill ask my dd-22 if she rather sleep on a lower bunk bed or share a room with her brother-18. My dd is 5'3". My ds is 6'4" so he will get the secknd bedroom. I think my dd will say bunk but I will give her/them an option. Thanks.

Hello. We have an 8:05a BOG res at MK. Hoping to be at the ropes by 7:30a. What time does the earliest bus leave from SSR? We use The Springs stop.

Thank you. Ill ask my dd-22 if she rather sleep on a lower bunk bed or share a room with her brother-18. My dd is 5'3". My ds is 6'4" so he will get the secknd bedroom. I think my dd will say bunk but I will give her/them an option. Thanks.

My DD(20) and I slept on the bunk beds last summer. I am 5'4" and she is 5'8" and we both were fine and the bed was actually very comfortable. I think your DD will be fine.

Hello. We have an 8:05a BOG res at MK. Hoping to be at the ropes by 7:30a. What time does the earliest bus leave from SSR? We use The Springs stop.

Buses start running from resorts to parks at 6:30am - the first bus will probably hit the Springs stop about 6:35am or 6:40am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter