SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Curious about bike rentals to explore resort. Anyone done this? Cost to rent?
Bikes are about $7 an hour, or $19 for the day. Surreys are about $15 for 30 minutes for the 2-seater, or $19 for the 4-seater. There's a discount for DVC members.

You cannot take them into Disney Springs or out of the resort, but there is a full circle path through the resort.

I read this and I know I did, but I can't find it.
The 2BR villas have laundry facilities in the room, right?

I read this and I know I did, but I can't find it.
The 2BR villas have laundry facilities in the room, right?

Yes, all 1,2 & 3 bedrooms have a washer/dryer in the rooms. Mostly they are stack-able units and you will be given 1 box of laundry detergent.

We are staying in a studio at SSR this coming November! We requested Congress Park, upper floor, with a view of Disney Springs. What percentage of the Congress Park buildings overlook parking? That is my biggest concern (first world problems) regarding our stay - no parking lot views PLEASE! Are there any buildings/areas where you do not stand a chance of parking lot view? Thank you for your help!

We are staying in a studio at SSR this coming November! We requested Congress Park, upper floor, with a view of Disney Springs. What percentage of the Congress Park buildings overlook parking? That is my biggest concern (first world problems) regarding our stay - no parking lot views PLEASE! Are there any buildings/areas where you do not stand a chance of parking lot view? Thank you for your help!

I don't think any of the rooms actually have a full-on view of the parking lot. The 2 corners of each building and maybe the room next to that will have a partial view of the parking lot. So maybe 16-30 rooms. The far side of the end buildings probably don't have a parking lot view.

Dave or someone else might have a better answer.

If you take a look at the layout of the buildings, you'll notice that the buildings at Saratoga Springs are all shaped like the letter "U". The bottom of the "U" is where the parking lot and elevators are. The odd-numbered rooms are on the inside of the "U" and usually face the feature or best view. The even-numbered rooms face out to the side. Depending on the orientation of the building, these rooms usually don't look out directly at the parking lot, but it will be visible if you look to the side while on the balcony. There are some rooms, though, that look directly at the parking lot.

SSR_Layout_4th_With_Balcony.PNG

In Congress Park, the buildings are laid out in a way that minimizes the number of rooms angled toward the parking lots. You can see where I've highlighted the few locations that do.

CongressParkParkingLot.png

The odds of getting a parking lot would depend on the type of room you have reserved. Here's the math:

Grand Villas: Total of 8 in Congress Park. 0 in the highlighted area. 0% chance of parking lot view.

Dedicated Two-Bedroom: Total of 80 in Congress Park. 4 in the highlighted area. 5% chance of parking lot view.

Lock-Off Two Bedroom: Total of 96 in Congress Park. 12 in the highlighted area. 12.5% chance of parking lot view.

Studio: Total of 96 in Congress Park. 12 in the highlighted area. 12.5% chance of parking lot view.

Now, you asked specifically to be on the top floor. If they're able to meet that request, the odds change.

Dedicated Two-Bedroom: 20 total on the 4th floors in Congress Park. 1 in the highlighted area. 5% chance of a parking lot view.

Lock-Off Two-Bedroom: 16 total on the 4th floors in Congress Park. 3 in the highlighted area. 19% chance of a parking lot view.

Studio: 16 total on the 4th floors in Congress Park. 3 in the highlighted area. 19% chance of a parking lot view.

Last edited:
Thanks Dave - I figured you would have a better explanation and maybe a picture. :thumbsup2

Just booked a 2BR Villa for Sept 10-18th yesterday. I've stayed at POP, CBR, and POR and am looking forward to trying somewhere new.

Just have a few questions:

Last year at CBR, we really enjoyed having the first bus stop. It looks like busses are similar between SSR and CBR. When putting in our requests for area, what would be the best place to be the first pick up spot?

Has anyone done the Sunrise 9 at Lake Buena Vista? Was looking at that and curious about doing it. Is it easy to get a round of 9 in less than 2 hours?

Is the Turf Club prime rib really that good? We never looked at eating there but I have heard some great reviews about their prime rib and that is something I love.

The Grandstand area is the first bus pickup point. We've stayed at SSR a few times and always ask for the Grandstand. It's nice being the first pickup, since you're virtually guaranteed a seat on busy mornings, and it's also good to be the first dropped off at night when you're tired and just want to get to your room. The Grandstand is right next to the Carriage House where the restaurants are, so it's very handy for that, and it has its own very nice pool area.

Last edited:
Was thinking of ordering some drinks and snacks from Amazon. Has anyone had experience with this? Do I have to let the resort know to expect a delivery?

TIA. :)

The Grandstand area is the first bus pickup point. We've stayed at SSR a few times and always ask for the Grandstand. It's nice being the first pickup, since you're virtually guaranteed a seat on busy mornings, and it's also good to be the first dropped off at night when you're tired and just want to get to your room. The Grandstand is right next to the Carriage House where the restaurants are, so it's very handy for that, and it has i's own very nice pool area.

Couldn't agree more with every point! We love these block also. What's even better is the point changes it is now less points!

Has anyone done the Sunrise 9 at Lake Buena Vista? Was looking at that and curious about doing it. Is it easy to get a round of 9 in less than 2 hours?
Is the Turf Club prime rib really that good? We never looked at eating there but I have heard some great reviews about their prime rib and that is something I love.

My DH did the Sunrise 9 last November and is scheduled to do it again next week. He really enjoyed it. He wasn't thrilled with the rental clubs - said they sorely needed new grips, but obviously he liked it enough to repeat. We also like the prime rib at Turf Club. It is one of our favorite places to eat and we rarely stay at SSR so have to make a special trip.

Just booked a 2BR Villa for Sept 10-18th yesterday. I've stayed at POP, CBR, and POR and am looking forward to trying somewhere new.

Just have a few questions:

Last year at CBR, we really enjoyed having the first bus stop. It looks like busses are similar between SSR and CBR. When putting in our requests for area, what would be the best place to be the first pick up spot?

Is the Turf Club prime rib really that good?
We never looked at eating there but I have heard some great reviews about their prime rib and that is something I love.

1) Grandstand

2) Not so sure about Sunrise 9, but I did play 18 holes twice..Once on our honeymoon. (Me and the DW) played in roughly 3 1/2 hrs. Only I played.
The last time was 3 years ago..I was 1st one off. Played as a single & finished in around 3 hours....So I'd say for sure in under 2 hours..

3) It's more than just good.... It's a true hidden gem, this place.

We are staying in THVs between Christmas and New Years and never thought to make an A DR for Turf Club. We are a family of four that likes good good, including dd-22 and ds-18. Maybe Ill give it a try? I dont think I ever hear any negative reviews.

Thank you.

We are staying in THVs between Christmas and New Years and never thought to make an A DR for Turf Club. We are a family of four that likes good good, including dd-22 and ds-18. Maybe Ill give it a try? I dont think I ever hear any negative reviews.
Thank you.

I've never eaten there with the place even being 1/2 filled up...Not so sure you'll need ADR's
What is the general attire for the Turf Club?

Just general casual....Not fancy at all....But just very good food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter