SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Thanks for the info! Since you were just there, did they have the screens at the bus stop to tell you when a bus was coming?
We stayed in Congress Park. The screen was up but not working the week we were there. The screen at the Springs stop was working the two times we were there. I didn't notice at the other stops. It did seem to be quite accurate from what I could tell.

We stayed in Congress Park. The screen was up but not working the week we were there. The screen at the Springs stop was working the two times we were there. I didn't notice at the other stops. It did seem to be quite accurate from what I could tell.
Great! Thanks!

Just booked a 2BR Villa for Sept 10-18th yesterday. I've stayed at POP, CBR, and POR and am looking forward to trying somewhere new.

Just have a few questions:

Last year at CBR, we really enjoyed having the first bus stop. It looks like busses are similar between SSR and CBR. When putting in our requests for area, what would be the best place to be the first pick up spot?

Has anyone done the Sunrise 9 at Lake Buena Vista? Was looking at that and curious about doing it. Is it easy to get a round of 9 in less than 2 hours?

Is the Turf Club prime rib really that good? We never looked at eating there but I have heard some great reviews about their prime rib and that is something I love.

My husband did it and really liked but he says it could easily take 2 hours. He really liked it! They will pickup you up at resort, you just need to call bell services night before.

Booked a 2BR for July. Very excited to be staying here. I have a son who is ASD and loves to swim. Sometimes he doesn't want to go to the parks he just wants to swim. That's fine by me :fish:Would the Grand stand area or the Springs be better. He can get 'cranky' walking back to the room from the bus if he is a little tired. So a main pool and close to bus is a priority. DVC recommended the Springs but I'm concerned if its the last stop (he isn't very coordinated and probably couldn't stand on the bus without following over.) TIA

Booked a 2BR for July. Very excited to be staying here. I have a son who is ASD and loves to swim. Sometimes he doesn't want to go to the parks he just wants to swim. That's fine by me :fish:Would the Grand stand area or the Springs be better. He can get 'cranky' walking back to the room from the bus if he is a little tired. So a main pool and close to bus is a priority. DVC recommended the Springs but I'm concerned if its the last stop (he isn't very coordinated and probably couldn't stand on the bus without following over.) TIA
I'd probably recommend the Grandstand for what you are looking for. We requested the Springs and will drive to most parks but will probably walk over to the Paddock bus stop when we do ride the buses, just so we aren't the last stop.

Unless they have changed the route, Grandstand is the first stop coming and going. The pool is a nice manageable pool with a splash area, and a pool bar for mom! No slide, but a pretty short walk to Springs

Last edited:
Roughly 300 feet from the Paddock pool to the closest end of the bridge, and roughly a third of a mile to walk from Paddock pool to check-in lobby.

Thank you for this thread and all of the helpful, very DETAILED information. Appreciate the time and effort you put to making sure we were informed!

Do the THVs have air conditioning or just the ceiling fans?
They were completely rebuilt before being opened as timeshares. They're extremely nice inside, with all the amenities of any other DVC villa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter