SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Hi ,

Does anyone know, when were the SSR studios last refurbished? It's been a long time since our last visit & we r looking forward to coming home next year.

Thanks
It finished in late 2013, but took nearly a year to finish. So depending on the section, 3-4 years ago.

I stayed studio in April and the only thing that need sprucing was the bed mattress. I was in building 3 or 4.

Thanks for the answers to my questions. Since we were last there they have built the bridge over the water to Disney springs.

The Disney Springs map shows to coming out at the Market place, what section of SSR is at the other end of the bridge? Is it congress park?

Thanks

yes congress park. there is also another bridge which goes to the parking lot of disney springs(opposite side) which is right next to the main lobby. I think taht is the springs section

yes congress park. there is also another bridge which goes to the parking lot of disney springs(opposite side) which is right next to the main lobby. I think taht is the springs section

Thanks - I'm really looking forward to seeing the changes to Disney Springs next year. We have requested the springs section.

Soft goods were just completed in 2015. They worked around from CP to Carousel I believe. It changes the pillows in the seating area, drapes, carpet and converted to the duvet and triple sheet approach.

We will be staying at Saratoga in Oct. We are a group of 8 . We have 4 adults and 4 children ages 6 and under. We have a two bedroom DVC villa reserved. What would be or best location request or any other suggestions? We want to be close to the main pool high rock spring pool and the carriage house . Thank you for any help

We will be staying at Saratoga in Oct. We are a group of 8 . We have 4 adults and 4 children ages 6 and under. We have a two bedroom DVC villa reserved. What would be or best location request or any other suggestions? We want to be close to the main pool high rock spring pool and the carriage house . Thank you for any help

Those are all in the Springs area or you could request Congress park which is a short walk away

Ive seen conflicting reports about pool towels at SSR. Are they available, and if so, can we grab a set for our family to take to the water parks, or should we pack beach towels from home?

Ive seen conflicting reports about pool towels at SSR. Are they available, and if so, can we grab a set for our family to take to the water parks, or should we pack beach towels from home?
Pool towels are available at the pools, however these cannot be removed and taken to the water parks. They are just for use at the pool.

I think from memory you can hire towels at the water parks, not sure of price though

I didn't bother with towels at the water parks. It is so warm, you dry quickly.

I am renting points and staying here for the first time next month. My husband wants to watch an 8pm football game the night we arrive. Is there a good place here to watch besides in our room (I'd like the kids to sleep, early morning reservation the next day)?

I always walk over to Disney Springs and watch football at the outside bar TV's at Splittsville.

Anyone know how to get to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach from Saratoga Springs? Using Disney transportation...
Typhoon Lagoon shares a bus with Disney Springs, and Blizzard Beach shares a bus with Animal Kingdom. You don't need to memorize that, though. If the water parks are open, the signs on the buses will show both destinations. Just look for the bus with the destination you want.

Check out post #2 in this thread. There's a FAQ that lists pros and cons for each section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter