SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

I am renting points and staying here for the first time next month. My husband wants to watch an 8pm football game the night we arrive. Is there a good place here to watch besides in our room (I'd like the kids to sleep, early morning reservation the next day)?
What size room are you in? If it's anything larger than a Deluxe Studio, you'll have at least two TVs in the villa. One in the living room and one in each bedroom.

There's a TV in the Turf Club Lounge, which is in the Carriage House at the opposite end of the hall from the main desk. He could take a shot at having the game being on in there.
vddsdsfa093.jpg

LOL, too bad it's the day you arrive. If it were later in the trip, you could give him a load of laundry and send him to one of the laundry rooms. There are TVs (and chairs) in there, too.

ESPN Club at the Boardwalk would be a really fun place to watch, but that involves a bunch of transportation.

Thank you BirdsOfPreyDave, that is very helpful! We're in a studio, but we drive to Florida so maybe he could go to the ESPN Club alone if the Turf Club Lounge isn't an option.

Really looking forward to our first stay at SSR for our Christmas trip! Quick question: Do the bathrooms have a magnifying mirror like the other resorts do? I watched some of the room videos but it is unclear. My eyes need some help in the morning...

Really looking forward to our first stay at SSR for our Christmas trip! Quick question: Do the bathrooms have a magnifying mirror like the other resorts do? I watched some of the room videos but it is unclear. My eyes need some help in the morning...
Here now. Our 2 BR villa does not have the magnifying mirror.

How crowded will the busses be when we are there from Sept 9-18th?

Reason I ask is we are wanting to try and stay in the Congress Park area for the views of Disney Springa but want to make sure we don't have any issues getting a seat (read not have to stand) on the busses.

TIA

How crowded will the busses be when we are there from Sept 9-18th?

Reason I ask is we are wanting to try and stay in the Congress Park area for the views of Disney Springa but want to make sure we don't have any issues getting a seat (read not have to stand) on the busses.

TIA
We were there that time last year and at Congress park, there was a couple of times we had to stand in the morning to magic kingdom but always got on. Coming back from magic kingdom after the fireworks was always busy & quiet often we ended up standin.g

Standing on the buses will always be a risk no matter how crowded the time of year.
Disney will adjust the number of buses down or up based on resort occupency.

Thanks for the tips. I think we will request to be at the Grandstand to minimize the chances of having to stand.

Anyone know how to get to Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach from Saratoga Springs? Using Disney transportation...

Just a follow up...

We just returned from staying at Saratoga springs last week. For Blizzard Beach we needed to take a bus to Animal Kingdom then transfer to the Blizzard Beach bus.

For Typhoon Lagoon before 1pm you can take a bus directly to Typhoon Lagoon (the bus would be labeled typhoon lagoon/Disney springs) or after 1pm take the bus to Disney Springs and then transfer to the Typhoon Lagoon bus.

Standing on the buses will always be a risk no matter how crowded the time of year.

True, but selecting/ requesting which of the 5 areas to stay in will drastically change whether you stand or not...

Me, I just about always expect it, ( to stand that is ). For I'm always giving up my seat to the elderly, young, or women getting on...Honesly it's not a bother, & I'm in the minority I believe but I actually enjoy our bus rides to & from the parks.:confused3

We returned last Monday from our spontaneous trip (we had everything planned and booked in 6 days). We stayed in the Paddock section right next to the Paddock pool and the bus stop (we were in the same location last time we stayed there but in the opposite building, on the other side of the pool). We loved it...we were in a 1 bedroom which we all have grown to love on the 3rd floor. The parks were crowded but very manageable as long as you utilized the FPs and of course the buses were filled (we stood most of the time on the way back to the parks) but we knew that was going to happen anyways, besides the Paddock section is a nice section to be in because the bus stop is kind of in the middle of the route so you aren't standing too long. The only downside about the whole trip was that we all decided this will most likely be our last time going in August...It was so hot and muggy, at times we couldn't even breathe outside (the rain and thunderstorms that rolled in each day helped drastically, but until then, it was just too unbearable). The temps rose to 96 degrees with a feel like temp of 107. All in all, staying at SSR again made us realize how much we love this resort...it is so peaceful there, it's almost like you aren't even in the middle of WDW. We can't wait to go back :goodvibes.

Thank you BirdsOfPreyDave, that is very helpful! We're in a studio, but we drive to Florida so maybe he could go to the ESPN Club alone if the Turf Club Lounge isn't an option.

There may be a TV in the new DVC lounge at EPCOT? I have not been there yet so not sure. Anybody been?

Thanks for the tips. I think we will request to be at the Grandstand to minimize the chances of having to stand.

Just to point out that you would just about never stand on your way into the parks if you were in the Grandstand section, since it's the first stop and the bus arrives empty. There would have to be masses of people at the bus stop head of you for that to happen. There's no guarantee about the return ride from the parks, of course, but at least Grandstand is the first to get dropped off, which would minimize standing time.

Just to point out that you would just about never stand on your way into the parks if you were in the Grandstand section, since it's the first stop and the bus arrives empty. There would have to be masses of people at the bus stop head of you for that to happen. There's no guarantee about the return ride from the parks, of course, but at least Grandstand is the first to get dropped off, which would minimize standing time.

Not unless they sit for the first 3 bldgs, & then it gets so crowded where they would offer their seat up.

Not unless they sit for the first 3 bldgs, & then it gets so crowded where they would offer their seat up.

My point was that they wouldn't be forced to stand because the bus was full when it pulled up, since it would arrive empty, thereby assuring them a seat. If someone chooses to stand later because they gave up their seat voluntarily, it's their decision, not something forced on them by a full bus.

i would be standing if it got so crowded that I needed to offer my seat to someone that could use it more than I would.

Thanks for the tips. We all are extremely excited about staying here. Almost 2 weeks away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter