SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

i would be standing if it got so crowded that I needed to offer my seat to someone that could use it more than I would.

Thanks for the tips. We all are extremely excited about staying here. Almost 2 weeks away!
Which is every time I get on the bus. There is always a parent carrying a sleeping child or an older person that needs a seat.

the SSR studios are a little crowded, but are there any rumors to it enabling 5 per room like some of the other DVC studios now?

LOL, too bad it's the day you arrive. If it were later in the trip, you could give him a load of laundry and send him to one of the laundry rooms. There are TVs (and chairs) in there, too.

Thanks for the great idea! haha I hope there's a "game" on when we go just so I can convince DH to do the laundry.

Just joined DVC with SSR as my home resort last weekend and already booked my 1st stay in a 2br villa starting 2 weeks from tomorrow. Will be my 1st time staying here, and I cannot wait!

Welcome home! I hope you enjoy your new home resort as much as we do.

I'm currently booked in 2 rooms at POR Royal Rooms for 12/8 to 12/12. Traveling with me is my, my husband, my 1 and 4 yo, my dad and stepmom (in 50s), 26 yo stepbrother and 3 yo niece. I can switch to a 2 bedroom at SSR for only $200 more total. For you SSR pros, do you think we should switch resorts? I'm thinking the kitchen (not for cooking haha), living room, laundry and balcony will be much appreciated amenities! And, if the weather cooperates, I love the idea of zero entry pools for my 1 yo. Loved the zero entry at Kidani and Poly, so nice to not have to hold the kiddos the whole time in the water. Probably a no brainer I'm over analyzing right?

I'm currently booked in 2 rooms at POR Royal Rooms for 12/8 to 12/12. Traveling with me is my, my husband, my 1 and 4 yo, my dad and stepmom (in 50s), 26 yo stepbrother and 3 yo niece. I can switch to a 2 bedroom at SSR for only $200 more total. For you SSR pros, do you think we should switch resorts? I'm thinking the kitchen (not for cooking haha), living room, laundry and balcony will be much appreciated amenities! And, if the weather cooperates, I love the idea of zero entry pools for my 1 yo. Loved the zero entry at Kidani and Poly, so nice to not have to hold the kiddos the whole time in the water. Probably a no brainer I'm over analyzing right?
It sounds to me like you've already convinced yourself. I would think all the extra amenities would be worth $200. Not to mention a 2 bedroom will provide more of a homey feel and probably a little more privacy.

Absolutely!! ::yes::

Before switching, think about how the sleeping arrangements will work out. Someone is going to be on the pull-out.

Before switching, think about how the sleeping arrangements will work out. Someone is going to be on the pull-out.

I like Brian's thinking on this change. However, you will be going from two rooms to three for all of you to share with at least another 400 square feet. I would be tempted to switch and hope that no one had back problems for the pull out couch.

I like Brian's thinking on this change. However, you will be going from two rooms to three for all of you to share with at least another 400 square feet. I would be tempted to switch and hope that no one had back problems for the pull out couch.
I didn't think about the bed situation :sad1: Since we are going to the parks every day of our trip, we are going to be in the rooms mostly to sleep. Even though the extra space would be wonderful, I'm not sure it outweighs someone having to sleep on a pullout couch. I have to think about that one...

Bedroom1 - You your husband and 1yo in playpen that is included in closet.
Bedroom2 bed 1- Dad and Step-mon
Bedroom2 bed 2 - Brother and 3yo and maybe 4yo
Couch without pulling out - 4yo after falling asleep in bed and moved to couch after adults go to bed.

The kitchen will come in very handy even if you don't plan to cook.

Bedroom1 - You your husband and 1yo in playpen that is included in closet.
Bedroom2 bed 1- Dad and Step-mon
Bedroom2 bed 2 - Brother and 3yo and maybe 4yo
Couch without pulling out - 4yo after falling asleep in bed and moved to couch after adults go to bed.

The kitchen will come in very handy even if you don't plan to cook.
Based on Disney's website, the other room will have the 2 beds, not 1 bed and a sofa. I think we are going to take the plunge! We won't have cars. Are the buses comparable to other resorts? Hit or miss? I just don't want bad bus service.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 4
Based on Disney's website, the other room will have the 2 beds, not 1 bed and a sofa. I think we are going to take the plunge! We won't have cars. Are the buses comparable to other resorts? Hit or miss? I just don't want bad bus service.

The bus service is no better or worse than at any other resort, since buses are dispatched from a central location and the resort has no control over it.

I think this would depend on if you have a dedicated two bedroom or a lock-off. A dedicated two bedroom would definitely have two queen beds in the second bedroom, a pull out sofa in the living room and a king bed in the "master".

The lock offs are a different set up. I personally have not stayed in one but I think the second bedroom would have a bed and pull out sofa.

Just make sure which you have so there are no surprises.

I think this would depend on if you have a dedicated two bedroom or a lock-off. A dedicated two bedroom would definitely have two queen beds in the second bedroom, a pull out sofa in the living room and a king bed in the "master".

The lock offs are a different set up. I personally have not stayed in one but I think the second bedroom would have a bed and pull out sofa.

Just make sure which you have so there are no surprises.
There are two types of two-bedroom units. A two-bedroom lock-off is a one-bedroom villa and a deluxe studio with a connecting door. This setup would have two beds and two pull-out couches, as the "second bedroom" is actually a studio with it's own outside entrance, a kitchenette, queen-sized bed and a couch.

A dedicated two-bedroom (often listed simply as "Two-Bedroom Villa") will only have one outside door. The second bedroom will have two queen-sized beds.

Both units are the same price.

First week of November( Jersey week) our family will be staying at SSR for an entire week. My mom will have an ECV so my question is about transportation to the theme parks. What would be the best building to stay at in regards to my mom being able to get on and off the bus with her ECV because of crowds since the bus makes five different stops within SSR. I know WDW does everything they can for people on ECVs I was just looking for some pointers. I was thinking grandstand but just want to be sure. Also can I request a certain building.Thank you ahead of time for all your suggestions and ideas.

First week of November( Jersey week) our family will be staying at SSR for an entire week. My mom will have an ECV so my question is about transportation to the theme parks. What would be the best building to stay at in regards to my mom being able to get on and off the bus with her ECV because of crowds since the bus makes five different stops within SSR. I know WDW does everything they can for people on ECVs I was just looking for some pointers. I was thinking grandstand but just want to be sure. Also can I request a certain building.Thank you ahead of time for all your suggestions and ideas.[

You are correct. Grandstand would be the 1st stop to get on & also off after returning.

The next stop I believe is Carousel, followed by Paddock, Congress Park, and finally Springs.
We're also going for Jersey week, & also requested Grandstand. What I would suggest as a request is, close to Transportation. Either way, See ya down there..:wave2:

There are 5 bus stops at SSR and in the morning the bus can get busy so you may want to make sure to get on at an early stop (or request a section with an early stop).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter