SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

I am sure this has been asked before, but I cannot find the answer. Does anybody have an educated guess as to when the refurb will start and when it will finish?
I bought SS points in 2011, but have never ended up staying there, but with the new studio murphy bed being introduced, and the combination of my daughter turning 21 in a few months and all of the lounges, restaurants, and entertainment that has popped up in Disney Springs, SS seems like it is now going to be a perfect fit for us. We would like to go the last two weeks of August 2020, do you think it will be finished?

I doubt it will be finished by August 2020, but well on with it by then.

SSR is our home and we haven’t stayed in a while. Just weighing all our options right now. We are going next February and can book SSR soon.

Does anyone think any refurb rooms will be available by February? It seems soon given that they haven’t started.

If not, that’s fine. I don’t mind staying in an older villa but if we do, will we feel any other effects of refurbishment? Do they take a section of rooms out to work on at the same time? Or is there a chance the typically quiet and serene SSR would be loud with work being done in the villa next door?

Thanks for any input you can provide!

SSR is our home and we haven’t stayed in a while. Just weighing all our options right now. We are going next February and can book SSR soon.

Does anyone think any refurb rooms will be available by February? It seems soon given that they haven’t started.

If not, that’s fine. I don’t mind staying in an older villa but if we do, will we feel any other effects of refurbishment? Do they take a section of rooms out to work on at the same time? Or is there a chance the typically quiet and serene SSR would be loud with work being done in the villa next door?

I am watching this too. Currently at SSR and love it and want to stay here again next February!

I'm currently booked in for 11 nights from 12/20 but I will move on 7 months if possible because I really only want to stay there once the refurb is done. If they'd done the refurb I would not try to move. I suspect very little will be done by then. They are building more test rooms now, so probably some time before it starts.

They'll block off buildings, perhaps just floors.

Did the occupancy change? On the 2 bedrooms on the RAT, it says "sleeps up to 9". I thought it was only 8?

I just booked a short, 2 day trip for just DH and I for our anniversary. This will be our first time at SSR, I'm really excited as I've been wanting to try it now that we're DVC. We have a standard studio. We will probably spend one day at Epcot, one day at the pool and then DS that night. I don't really care about how far we are from anything, I'm mostly wanting a pleasant view, and to be close to a nice pool and hot tub. Which pool has the nicest hot tub? And what area has nice views for a standard room? Thanks for any tips!

So I'm looking in the My Disney Experience app and it shows a "Chip n' Dale's Cafe" as a quick service restaurant serving American fare. It shows this at Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa. I click on the "Find on Map" and it shows it at the Pro shop for the golf course.

Having never seen this before, does anyone know what this is and where is it?

So I'm looking in the My Disney Experience app and it shows a "Chip n' Dale's Cafe" as a quick service restaurant serving American fare. It shows this at Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa. I click on the "Find on Map" and it shows it at the Pro shop for the golf course.

Having never seen this before, does anyone know what this is and where is it?

Counter service breakfast, lunch and snacks located at the Lake Buena Vista golf course clubhouse. Outdoor seating.

Hi all! I tried doing a search but couldn't exactly find the answer I was looking for. We have a stay coming up in July in a SSR studio for 6 nights. We have stayed here before but only for part of our stay. My question is: are there dedicated laundry facilities for dvc members to use as opposed to the machines you have to pay for? I could only find on the map the laundry rooms by the pools. We own at BWV and I know they have a separate dvc laundry room but could not find anything that showed this for SSR. Thanks for any help!:)

Hi all! I tried doing a search but couldn't exactly find the answer I was looking for. We have a stay coming up in July in a SSR studio for 6 nights. We have stayed here before but only for part of our stay. My question is: are there dedicated laundry facilities for dvc members to use as opposed to the machines you have to pay for? I could only find on the map the laundry rooms by the pools. We own at BWV and I know they have a separate dvc laundry room but could not find anything that showed this for SSR. Thanks for any help!:)

We stayed on rented points in May 2018 and used the laundry facilities at the pool. There was no charge, except to buy detergent, etc. if needed. They weren't separate; anyone with a reservation could go into the laundry room (via hotel key, magicband).

We stayed on rented points in May 2018 and used the laundry facilities at the pool. There was no charge, except to buy detergent, etc. if needed. They weren't separate; anyone with a reservation could go into the laundry room (via hotel key, magicband).
Great! Thank you for the info

SSR is a DVC only resort, Disney does rent a few rooms for cash, but there is no cash resort side. OKW and SSR are the only two DVC only resorts, well Riviera is also going to be just a DVC resort. So all laundry areas are DVC laundry.

SSR is a DVC only resort, Disney does rent a few rooms for cash, but there is no cash resort side. OKW and SSR are the only two DVC only resorts, well Riviera is also going to be just a DVC resort. So all laundry areas are DVC laundry.
Thank you makes sense. I know I'll have to do laundry so just wanted to find out what the situation was there. Again thanks for the info

I've read in some places the work starts in April / May and in another place I read the "Fall"....

How long of a walk is it from Congress Park (lets say the side closest to Disney Springs) to Artist Palette? We haven’t stayed in CP in a long time and I can’t recall.

How long of a walk is it from Congress Park (lets say the side closest to Disney Springs) to Artist Palette? We haven’t stayed in CP in a long time and I can’t recall.
It’s a jaunt. Maybe around 12-15 minutes.
You can make it in 10 if you cut through the DVC courtyard and walk quickly.

Last edited:
It’s less than a 1/2 mile walk to the furthest building. Depending on how fast you walk it should take about 10 minutes. It’s not bad we have stayed in CP before and it does not even feel that long.

It’s less than a 1/2 mile walk to the furthest building. Depending on how fast you walk it should take about 10 minutes. It’s not bad we have stayed in CP before and it does not even feel that long.

You can get on any park bus and get off at the Springs stop if it's raining or you just don't want to walk.

Thank you!

(ETA: and thanks to you too, @madchatter! Just saw your response.)

we have a 2 night stay booked for the 1st weekend in May. It's our oldest daughters 21st birthday so we wanted something close to Disney springs for her and friends to be able to enjoy the the clubs at Disney Springs. I have a few questions... how late does the buses ran from Disney Springs to SSR?
I also have been looking for "movies under the stars" does SSR have that? We have stayed at other DVR and they did I couldn't find anything on them for SSR :confused3
This is going to be our 3rd time at SSR the other two times we stay for Member Moonlight's so we never had time to just hung out at the resort at night. Looking forward to our stay, our younger daughter loves the theme of the room's/resort (she loves horse!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter