SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Is parking similar to OKW where there are places to park in front of the building your room is?
Yes the parking lots are much larger than OKW ones, since the SSR buildings have more rooms. When we have gone there has always been plenty of room to park at SSR. At OKW we have had to park in front of other villas nearby due to few parking spaces. AKV Kidani has the best parking. It is under the building, the only challenge is getting a spot near the elevator that’s closest to your room.

So bridge work by Paddock is started....what work is being done, total renovation or replacing just the bottom boards?

We have booked a 1 bedroom preferred and never stayed at SS. We will be there six nights and will have a car. Our main reason for booking at SS was to walk to Disney Springs. We have requested to be in Congress Park, not sure if that is available, but if we are put there, how long would you say the walk is to Disney Springs. We aren't in great shape but have no issues with walking. Also when you walk, where are you located in Disney Springs once you arrive on foot?

We have booked a 1 bedroom preferred and never stayed at SS. We will be there six nights and will have a car. Our main reason for booking at SS was to walk to Disney Springs. We have requested to be in Congress Park, not sure if that is available, but if we are put there, how long would you say the walk is to Disney Springs. We aren't in great shape but have no issues with walking. Also when you walk, where are you located in Disney Springs once you arrive on foot?
When I was there in November, the walk to from Congress Park to Disney Springs meant you had to enter near Earl of Sandwich. (Because they have a temp check station)
Google says Earl of Sandwich is about 5 minute .25 mile walk from the closest Congress Park building.

Attachments

• 9DE817E9-7587-4D00-9188-FAC9CC5E556D.jpeg
    9DE817E9-7587-4D00-9188-FAC9CC5E556D.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 34

Arrived today, first time at resort and we love it. Reminds us of the laid back OKW feel. We got some pixie dust, was upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa preferred in Congress park. We originally had booked a 1 bedroom preferred. Only two of us so HE gets to use the other bathroom lol and maybe make him sleep in the other bedroom hahahah

Planning on booking a 3 bedroom GV for December of this year, 2021. Does anyone know if I should book preferred to get a renovated room or will the regular grand villas be upgraded as well? Thanks so much

Planning on booking a 3 bedroom GV for December of this year, 2021. Does anyone know if I should book preferred to get a renovated room or will the regular grand villas be upgraded as well? Thanks so much
The refurb will be done this summer; so it won't matter if you book preferred or standard as all rooms will be done by then. The Paddock is nearly done now which means a set of standard building are already refurbed.

The refurb will be done this summer; so it won't matter if you book preferred or standard as all rooms will be done by then. The Paddock is nearly done now which means a set of standard building are already refurbed.
Great to hear thanks so much 😊

Are the boats running between SS and DS? If not, any word on when they will resume? Thanks!

I loved the refurbed studio room I had Monday and Tuesday night in Congress Park. (Feb 8 and 9th. I was supposed to stay until Friday the 12 and planned on walking more around the resort and walking to Disney Springs as well as more park time. I was so excited to really check out the resort.
I ended up re-injuring my leg so I could hardly walk so I ended the trip early and came home - I was there solo. I briefly considering doing the scooter rental thing but figured that I wouldn't be able to deal with getting to the bus and into the parks to rent a scooter. (Seeing an ortho doc early next week.)

So I'll have to wait for another trip to really check Saratoga Springs out. I was surprised how tiny the store there was when I went to the front desk to let them know I had to leave early.
Shortest Disney Trip for me ever - only a day and a half. LOL

Checked out today. We stayed from 2/6-2/13 in a 2bedroom preferred in Congress Park (2311). First time at SS. Beautiful resort. Huge room, we were upgraded from a 1bedroom to a 2 bedroom even though it was only two of us. Easy walk to Disney Springs which we did almost every night for dinner. We rented the Surrey Bike and did the trail. It was very fun and with as hot as it was it was a workout but we had a blast. There was some construction on the trail so we were late coming back at the allotted time as we had to get creative in order to get around the construction. Well, they didn't even charge us because the construction people are supposed to tell them when part of the trail is blocked off and apparently they weren't told so we go to ride for free. That was a nice surprise. Highly recommend renting the Surry bike if you are able.

The resort is HUGE. We usually always stay at OKW, but really enjoyed ourselves at SS and will definitely stay there again at some point. Parking wasn't an issue at all as we had a car. Buses were hit and miss in the morning. We had one bus coming back from a park that stopped at the Paddock station and the bus broke down, so we ended up walking to Congress Park. Was a nice way to walk around and see the resort. Very pretty. We didn't try any food options at the resort, but my significant other did enjoy going in one of the pools. I am not a pool person so I sat on the balcony and relaxed. We didn't see housekeeping but every time we came back to resort, our trash was taken out and we had more coffee cups, towels etc. Really enjoyed our stay

When walking around SSR, what is the situation with the masks? If I walk from my room to the pool , do you see poeple without masks? Hoping the answer is yes

We are headed to SSR in June. We normally stay at the GF or the Poly but this trip it is just my husband and I so I thought I would save some points and give it a try. We did a preferred studio. Any tips on things to enjoy as an adult only trip? Hoping the boat is running to Disney Springs by then. Are there any good restaurants at the resorts to try or places to have a drink? Thanks for any info! It seems like yesterday I was posting about places to stay with toddlers and now we get to stay as adults only. Super excited to try a new resort!

We are headed to SSR in June. We normally stay at the GF or the Poly but this trip it is just my husband and I so I thought I would save some points and give it a try. We did a preferred studio. Any tips on things to enjoy as an adult only trip? Hoping the boat is running to Disney Springs by then. Are there any good restaurants at the resorts to try or places to have a drink? Thanks for any info! It seems like yesterday I was posting about places to stay with toddlers and now we get to stay as adults only. Super excited to try a new resort!
I’ve not stayed at SSR, but I am excited for your adults only trip from one parent to another!

I’ve not stayed at SSR, but I am excited for your adults only trip from one parent to another!
HAHA! Thanks....I look back when I joined in 2005 and I had a 4 year old and a 6 month old. All I was worried about was a zero entry pool! Oh how times have changed but we have raised 2 girls who love Disney as much as we do. We are just leaving them home this time around. It will be different but I am sure it will still be fun!

You are staying preferred - if you ask for Congress Park, you are in walking distance to Disney Springs, which is great since the boats aren't running. The table service at SSR isn't open, but there are lots of great restaurants in Disney Springs. Our favourites are Jaleo, Wine Bar George, and Boathouse.

HAHA! Thanks....I look back when I joined in 2005 and I had a 4 year old and a 6 month old. All I was worried about was a zero entry pool! Oh how times have changed but we have raised 2 girls who love Disney as much as we do. We are just leaving them home this time around. It will be different but I am sure it will still be fun!
My husband and I are just buying into DVC after renting points for a long time. We have a 5 and 8 years old, and we both said SSR will be our first adults only stay when we are able to, so good choice to you! Enjoy your time adults only time in DS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter