• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

I've been studying the SSR map, contemplating whether to make any requests or not. If I requested "water view," would that be pretty much any villa in the resort, therefore a meaningless request? Are there any that don't have a water view? We'll probably spend a fair amount of time in our villa, in the living room or on the balcony, during the day, so we'd like a nice view. This will be a "parks in the evening only" kind of trip.

I just returned late last night and I miss is already. We stayed in Congress Park for the second time and I love the proximity to Disney Springs BUT as soon as the Grandstand area is done being refurbed and the boats/westside walkway are opened again i would go back to the grandstand area and save the points.

They are in the process of repainting the Carriage House a very dark blue with light teal trim... I don’t love it as I find it too dark and I fear that they are going to redo the entire resort with a darker palette.

Got some nice early morning photos of Disney Springs from the smoking area on the walkway just outside the Congress Park quiet pool. One of the Boathouse is attached here.719A744F-61BA-42E7-A917-15CACA4CE44F.jpeg

Just booked an RCI trade into SSR for early June. Do the buildings in Carousel get much road noise? And, I've been searching this thread but apparently not using the right search terms - is Carousel finished refurbishment and Grandstand the last section being worked on, or is Carousel yet to be done? TIA! :thanks:
Last I have heard 2 buildings in Carousel are closed, being refurbished, one should open up any day now and the second building in the Grandstand closed. They are working on 3 buildings at a time. I have never stayed in the Carousel, but the SSR buildings are the most sound proof DVC buildings built, due to the proximity to Disney Springs, they didn’t want guest being disturbed. The rooms are very quiet.

I don’t think the renovations in the Carousel neighborhood are done yet.

I have stayed in every SSR neighborhood and with the exception of the Treehouse Villas, Carousel is the most peaceful.

hope this helps!

I have stayed in every SSR neighborhood and with the exception of the Treehouse Villas, Carousel is the most peaceful.

hope this helps!
I was at SSR for 4 nights last week. Stayed in Bldg 45 at Paddock which is directly across the street from the Carousel. The Carousel buildings were not occupied but at night the drapes of several of the upper story windows were open and the larger TVs were on and visible. The size of the TV could mean that the rooms had been refurbished. I don’t know why the TVs were on but we noticed it on more than one night.

Just booked a Standard Studio at SSR for June. I haven't stayed there in about a decade so I'm basically a newbie for SSR.

I requested we be near a pool which should be either Paddock or Grand Stand. Which area has the best pool for my wife and I to have a pool side drink while our DD (10) swims? I don't mind taking the internal shuttle to go to one of the other pools.

The Paddock looks really nice, but I'm reading The Paddock Bridge is out. I haven't been able to find anything about when that will be back online. Does anyone know?

Thanks all for the help!

I think we are going to save some points and move to a Standard Studio at the end of June. I plan to request the Paddock area since it will be refurbished. We are in Orlando for a volleyball tournament so will be up early and will want to have breakfast. Is there anywhere near Paddock that has a quick service breakfast or do we need to walk to the main building? If so, how far of a walk would this be?

Also- will the renovations be complete by the end of June. Thanks!

I think we are going to save some points and move to a Standard Studio at the end of June. I plan to request the Paddock area since it will be refurbished. We are in Orlando for a volleyball tournament so will be up early and will want to have breakfast. Is there anywhere near Paddock that has a quick service breakfast or do we need to walk to the main building? If so, how far of a walk would this be?

The Paddock Grill by the Paddock pool has a few options for breakfast: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/saratoga-springs-resort-and-spa/paddock-grill/menus/

hope this helps!
We’re at SSR right now and the CM at the front desk said that all renovations are done except for 2 buildings in the GS

hope this helps!
We’re at SSR right now and the CM at the front desk said that all renovations are done except for 2 buildings in the GS

Hi ~ any update on the Paddock Pool? DVC says it's open and only slide and bridge are closed. Maybe this was an isolated incident? Hoping to be in that section for my April trip (pools, drinks and food):flower:
The Paddock pool is open and so is the slide. We’re at SSR now, but the Paddock pool is super crowded. It’s tough to find a lounge chair

The walk to the main building depends on where in the Paddock you staying. If the bridge is still out, you will want to stay in a building at either end. If the bridge is finished by then (and by the looks of it it should be) then it won’t matter too much.

And yes, I think all rooms should be renovated by the time you’re here.

The Paddock pool is open and so is the slide. We’re at SSR now, but the Paddock pool is super crowded. It’s tough to find a lounge chair
Is the bridge open from the Paddock to the main building? We plan on going there beginning of May and if it is still out then we have a different room request. Thanks for any update you can provide!

Is the bridge open from the Paddock to the main building? We plan on going there beginning of May and if it is still out then we have a different room request. Thanks for any update you can provide!
The bridge from the Paddock to the main building is still closed. We’ve been here since Saturday and have not seen any work being done on it at all. It looks like it’s completely finished and for the life of me I can’t see why it’s not open. I’d be shocked if it was still closed in May

The bridge from the Paddock to the main building is still closed. We’ve been here since Saturday and have not seen any work being done on it at all. It looks like it’s completely finished and for the life of me I can’t see why it’s not open. I’d be shocked if it was still closed in May
Thanks for the update! Fingers crossed it will be!

Does the Grandstand pool tend to be less busy than Paddock? Or are they about the same? Talking early June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter