SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Hello all, are SSR still allowing deliveries from Instacart on day of arrival and do these HAVE to go to check in?

Have an upcoming stay at SSR and putting in my room request. Last stay we were in the Paddock which we loved and would like to request there again. We will be spending a lot of time in DS at night. Are we better off requesting the 6500-6800 building to be closer to Congress Park and the walkway or the 5500-5800 building to be closer to the lake Bridge to the carriage house/boat to DS?? We love the pool atvthe Paddock too.

what order do the busses pick up for the parks?-- thanks- I'm sure this is asked often.
Grandstand, Carousel, Paddock, Congress Park, Springs.

Learned that by heart, finally, last June when we stayed in Paddock building 45. The Carousel bus stop is directly in front of that building, actually closer to that building than to either of the two Carousel buildings. So I requested that same building for our SSR stay this coming July!

Does anyone know if you can hook up either a Roku or Firestick to the tvs? Thanks.

Since renovations, are there tricks to operating THERMOSTATS in studios?

Probably will end up in Paddocks or Grandstand, so, won't be PREFERRED if that matters.
THX!

Just read: Mousekeeping returning to pre-Covid schedule???

Yes! I posted it on the News Thread on Thursday!! Here’s the article HERE

It began again on 3/20…

Guests staying at Disney's Riviera Resort, Disney's Old Key West Resort, and Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort should be aware that housekeeping will soon be tending to guest rooms more frequently, as the original cleaning schedule (that is, the schedule that was followed before the pandemic began) will be officially restored at these resorts on March 20, 2022.

Yes! I posted it on the News Thread on Thursday!! Here’s the article HERE

It began again on 3/20…

Guests staying at Disney's Riviera Resort, Disney's Old Key West Resort, and Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort should be aware that housekeeping will soon be tending to guest rooms more frequently, as the original cleaning schedule (that is, the schedule that was followed before the pandemic began) will be officially restored at these resorts on March 20, 2022.

Excellent! Thank you!

1st time SSR!!! :flower1: Solo R & R trip.
Best Grandstand studio for QUIET balcony?
Top floor is fine (found noise above can be loud at OKW since they removed carpeting)
Hoping to avoid traffic noise?
Am I dreaming?

1st time SSR!!! :flower1: Solo R & R trip.
Best Grandstand studio for QUIET balcony?
Top floor is fine (found noise above can be loud at OKW since they removed carpeting)
Hoping to avoid traffic noise?
Am I dreaming?
I have never heard anyone above us at SSR. Just people running down the hallway. SSR rooms are probably the quietest ones in DVC.

I’m so excited to join this thread! My first DVC contract passed ROFR this morning so now I just have to wait for closing. Yay!!! 🤩 I’ve never even stayed at SSR but I love the proximity to Disney Springs & I grew up less than an hour from the actual Saratoga Springs NY, so it’s like a nod to my earlier years. Super excited to read lots of this thread & start planning trips!

I’m so excited to join this thread! My first DVC contract passed ROFR this morning so now I just have to wait for closing. Yay!!! 🤩 I’ve never even stayed at SSR but I love the proximity to Disney Springs & I grew up less than an hour from the actual Saratoga Springs NY, so it’s like a nod to my earlier years. Super excited to read lots of this thread & start planning trips!

Congrats!! Welcome Home!!! 🥳

We were in the same position as you in mid-2020. Bought resale without staying, and my wife is from Cohoes, NY and we see signs for Saratoga Springs on the highway whenever we visit family so she is originally from the area as well. We have now stayed 3 times, just us but that will be changing soon for future trips, and had great times each time. First trip was just a resort trip and we loved how close we were to DS as we had dinner and drinks there every night and loved being close enough to walk in the morning to Gideon's to have their coffees and not have to mess with the virtual queue. You'll enjoy it- congrats!

Congrats!! Welcome Home!!! 🥳
Thank you!!

We were in the same position as you in mid-2020. Bought resale without staying, and my wife is from Cohoes, NY and we see signs for Saratoga Springs on the highway whenever we visit family so she is originally from the area as well. We have now stayed 3 times, just us but that will be changing soon for future trips, and had great times each time. First trip was just a resort trip and we loved how close we were to DS as we had dinner and drinks there every night and loved being close enough to walk in the morning to Gideon's to have their coffees and not have to mess with the virtual queue. You'll enjoy it- congrats!
Thank you & what a small world! My 2 grown children live in Cohoes so I visit them up there every month or two! My youngest & I live in South Jersey and we’re the travelers. She’s almost 11 & she’s such a leisurely Disney traveler. We’re early birds who like to hit the parks early then swim all afternoon & either hop back out in the evening or just go have a nice dinner and call it a day. With Disney Springs right next door, SSR will be a perfect fit for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter