SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Hellooo!
looks like we will be returning to Saratoga springs for the first time in (I think) 10 years. I’m excited to return
we will be staying Janusury 25-29 2023, in a 2BR.
couple questions- are all the rooms refurbed now? I watched a video of the refurbed rooms and they looked beautiful. We’re not staying in a preferred building, and I wasn’t sure how far out the refurb went
Second- looks like the main theme pool will be closed when we are there. Will they be providing transportation to OKW for the pool? or is there another pool at this resort with a slide? Depending on the weather it might not even come up, but we've got a water slide kid and I need answers for him hahaha
third- we booked cash thru Disney so I’m assuming we will be in one of furthest building out, is there an internal resort bus? I know at OKW, all the busses stop at the main building before going to the parks, I’m curious if it is similar here?
The high rock springs pool is larger but the slide at the paddock is way more fun. Plus, they have food at the bar area in the paddock pool. If you're in a standard room, then I'd request "Paddock area near pool"

The high rock springs pool is larger but the slide at the paddock is way more fun. Plus, they have food at the bar area in the paddock pool. If you're in a standard room, then I'd request "Paddock area near pool"
I think I will! I booked standard because that’s all that was available with an AP rate.

When we stayed last we were in the furthest buildings out, out by the road (from looking at the map I think it was the carousel section). It was not a quick trip to any pool.

I think I will! I booked standard because that’s all that was available with an AP rate.

When we stayed last we were in the furthest buildings out, out by the road (from looking at the map I think it was the carousel section). It was not a quick trip to any pool
If it is the building I am thinking of, it is close to a bus station and walk to Disney Springs, though!

Good afternoon. Our home resorts are Poly and AKV. We are excited to experience our first stay at SSR in February. We have a 2 bedroom standard. I’m trying to decide which area would be the best for our group. We have one scooter, so early bus stop is important so she can get on and the young adults love Disney springs. Is Grandstand the best area for us?

Good afternoon. Our home resorts are Poly and AKV. We are excited to experience our first stay at SSR in February. We have a 2 bedroom standard. I’m trying to decide which area would be the best for our group. We have one scooter, so early bus stop is important so she can get on and the young adults love Disney springs. Is Grandstand the best area for us?
Grandstand is the first bus stop, so yes, with a scooter that would be the best, especially early in the morning when there aren't likely to be other scooters already on board, returning from the parks! And Grandstand is a short walk to the DS boat dock, as well as not too terribly far from the walkway to DS, not to mention very close to the Carriage House where the restaurants and shops are.

Edited to add link to SSR map.

In a one bedroom, has any adult slept on the bed in the cabinet? Can you tell me how it felt?

Hi everyone! I am looking forward to my first stay at SSR in a Preferred 2-BR in late February 2023. We are two families traveling together with 3 kids aged 11, 11, and 8 between us.

Those of you experienced with this resort, can you answer these questions?

1 - I have requested the Congress Park section to be close to DS since the main pool near the Carriage House (which I know is closer to the Springs section) will be closed during our visit. Any advice on making a more specific room request within Congress Park (views, quiet, convenience, etc.)?

2 - I am an early-bird die-hard rope dropper. How do I find out the approximate time of the earliest/first buses leaving for MK? (I will ride-share to the other parks but prefer the bus to the MK so I don't have to deal with the TTC). If anyone has recent experience with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

3 - We will not have a lot of time to enjoy the resort as we have only 4 days there (1 park per day), but do you have any insider tips to make our stay there great?

Thank you so much!

In a one bedroom, has any adult slept on the bed in the cabinet? Can you tell me how it felt?
My teen who is 6 ft tall slept on it. He loved it greatly preferring it to a sofa bed. During that trip he also slept on the one at RIV. I swear it seemed the mattress was 1-2 inches thicker at RIV then SSR. That didn’t bother him at all though.

My teen who is 6 ft tall slept on it. He loved it greatly preferring it to a sofa bed. During that trip he also slept on the one at RIV. I swear it seemed the mattress was 1-2 inches thicker at RIV then SSR. That didn’t bother him at all though.
Thank you. It helps me!

Hi, my teen son and I are staying at SSR next weekend. He is playing lacrosse nearby and I was able to snag us a 1 BR via stalking. We will have to check out on our last day before he is done playing. He will definitely need a shower after. 2 questions: did the public showers reopen yet? and if yes, where are they located? Thanks!

Everyone I have seen have said that Grandstand is the 1st bus stop, so best for a scooter.

Hi everyone! I am looking forward to my first stay at SSR in a Preferred 2-BR in late February 2023. We are two families traveling together with 3 kids aged 11, 11, and 8 between us.

Those of you experienced with this resort, can you answer these questions?

1 - I have requested the Congress Park section to be close to DS since the main pool near the Carriage House (which I know is closer to the Springs section) will be closed during our visit. Any advice on making a more specific room request within Congress Park (views, quiet, convenience, etc.)?

2 - I am an early-bird die-hard rope dropper. How do I find out the approximate time of the earliest/first buses leaving for MK? (I will ride-share to the other parks but prefer the bus to the MK so I don't have to deal with the TTC). If anyone has recent experience with this, it would be greatly appreciated.

3 - We will not have a lot of time to enjoy the resort as we have only 4 days there (1 park per day), but do you have any insider tips to make our stay there great?

Thank you so much!
If you’re near DS, you’ll likely be on a more full bus trying to get to rope drop. Ask at the front desk for bus times. MDE may not be reliable in telling you correct bus times. Don’t forget you’ll need to take a bus to the front of SSR, then the bus to MK. Edit: *It seems this is incorrect and you can go straight to MK without changing buses. I was incorrectly remembering a horror story about a family unable to board for over an hour as full buses would pass them by toward the back of SSR. Sorry for the confusion.* *Schedule time to hit a pool. Note that some walking paths to and from DS close after dark. Again, clear up what’s open at what times at the front desk.
Have a great time!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter